Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Lucky I got a ticket...

Old 08-14-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey xeuxx, fyi, the trannies are strikingly similar between the 2, just the gsx/tsi awd have an extra output shaft for the transfer case, which is the size of a football, thats why they always break, that and they leak like crazy. true, on the gst, the weak link is the tranny, where-as on the gsx/tsi awd, it is the transfer case, rear diff, driveshaft, then the tranny. the gst doesn't have those issues cause it doesn't have those parts.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 AM

Hopefully he has a 6bolt to avoid the crank walk lawl. (and if you're not worried about crank walk then you don't make enough power to be bragging about shit)

Happy junk yard hunting for the 90-93s

I had a DSM back in the day, fun car, big headaches.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by '08S2K,Aug 14 2009, 05:17 AM
No... I wasn't swerving in and out of lanes, but I was trying to get past you. I got behind you because there was a slower car beside us. When you didn't speed up, I waited until we got past him, moved into the lane in front of him and passed you, "flying by" you, and hitting Vtec! Going 90? If that's true than my bone-stock F22 (not B series, BTW) is pretty fast.

Ricer? Yeah, I've seen your car. It's funny you should mention F&F, because your 90s era car is the star of that movie! ...and if you want to know why we"re always doing flybys past you, it's because your car is too slow!

My point was: the cops here are cool.

I didn't rev on you, try to race you, or cut you off. If I did, I'm sure the cop would have given me more than just the little ticket. He even said I was driving safely, just too fast. Get off your high-horse. Everybody drives fast on the street now and then, or we would only drive our Fits and Passports on the street and keep our S2Ks for the track.

Next time, when you see those S2000 projector lamps in your rearview, get your POS out of the way and there won't be a problem...
slower car beside us? we went from a one lane road to a 2 lane road and i moved over for you? what other car

slow pos....like i told the other guy just bring it to the track next month
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by xeuxx,Aug 14 2009, 07:03 AM
Kevin, you have a valid point.

Valid Point: No one should be endangering anyone else on the road driving recklessly. It's selfish stupid and it is obviously the wrong thing to do. Everyone is guilty of driving too fast and driving like an idiot from time to time, and there is nothing wrong with reminding 08s2k and the rest of us to drive safely.

But you must be mentally retarded if you think you're going to come onto a local az s2k board and start bashing honda owners and comparing us to the typical B series crowd.

What else would you expect than to be compared to the typical DSM owner.

On a side note, I truly wasn't aware the GSX vs. GST used completely different trannies. (Obviously given the awd vs fwd, I figured similar components) Given DSM's track record I doubt the GSX is god's gift to man and is a "hot kinfe through butter."

I think if you had signed up for the boards, posted a simple "hey I happened to be the guy in the eclipse, next time slow it down and remember to be safe while driving on public roads" you would have been welcomed with open arms.

I'm a fairly new s2k owner and have been extremely impressed with the community. They are all generally a great group of guys.
that is very true. thank you for being honest
Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by xeuxx,Aug 14 2009, 07:33 AM
Hopefully he has a 6bolt to avoid the crank walk lawl. (and if you're not worried about crank walk then you don't make enough power to be bragging about shit)

Happy junk yard hunting for the 90-93s

I had a DSM back in the day, fun car, big headaches.
o i am but i have a 6 bolt just waiting for when this 7 bolt goes. its usually you either have a bad motor or not but im happily boosting 25psi with no walking and its a 98 but parts are still hard to find
Old 08-14-2009, 12:56 PM

Okay so I have no idea what the hell crankwalk is. Why would I, I'm a Honda guy. I googled it. Hilarious! All DSM results. Great cars! No wonder every time I see one there's a chick driving it.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 9KRDLIN,Aug 13 2009, 05:26 PM
shall i continue.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 PM

While waiting for the light, BEFORE the turn and the "flyby", we sat in two lanes. Then we TWO lanes of traffic turned left. I was behind you, you sped up and then stopped accelerating. I moved to your left and passed you. I never slowed down after that until I saw the cop behind me.

Safe, non-"ricer," slightly aggresive maneuver.

BTW, I (seriously) I have an eclipse crank for your car sitting in my garage. I'm not sure if it's a part people need, but it's from my brother's old eclipse (your generation.)

No one I know drives eclipses
Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by CBR2200,Aug 14 2009, 12:56 PM
Okay so I have no idea what the hell crankwalk is. Why would I, I'm a Honda guy. I googled it. Hilarious! All DSM results. Great cars! No wonder every time I see one there's a chick driving it.
Crankwalk is usually due to a lack of oil pressure. the fix is either a 6 bolt (which some have still found to walk) or to block off the oil squirters for the pistons. again, doesn't fix it. just a bandaid. Tony at UMS knows these motors forward and backward. he would be able to enlighten you more. if you would like to know, but then again, why waste the brain space on crap.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by '08S2K,Aug 14 2009, 05:17 AM
Everybody drives fast on the street now and then, or we would only drive our Fits and Passports on the street and keep our S2Ks for the track.
WTF is this a shot at me?

My S2K just sits in the garage for the most part and I drive my honda passport (1995/96 my highschool car) around..

nah i know it wasn't a shot at me just thought it was funny cause i do drive a passport and my s2k is a garage queen

Quick Reply: Lucky I got a ticket...