Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

have ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System, want air-air intercooler?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by TEHSTIG' timestamp='1402485722' post='23199133
When I had my SOS SC Kit I went through 3 pumps myself, I know Landon also went though a few pumps, in fact... I can recall an evening where Landon called me requesting to purchase one of the spares I had on hand because he had an early morning tuning session & needed to get his replaced.
If sorry for any trouble you've had. I don't see three returns. If you have warranty concerns, please contact us. If three pumps have failed, it is unlikely a pump issue, but something else going on. Feel free to reach us if you'd like us to help you.

I think you are confused about Landon. Landon has a Comptech-based supercharger, which uses a different pump than the one we use. He purchased a pump in 2010, but never used it and it was returned unused.
I no longer own an S2000 let alone a SOS SC Kit, I'm just pointing out that your claim to only have 1 pump failure in the years SOS has been selling the kit and the chances that it was Brandon (Xeux) is quite shocking.

I never tried to warranty claim a broken or defective pump with SOS based on the treatment I had when it came to trying to purchase a new SOS kit from you a day after a Group Buy ended & I was told I didn't qualify for the pricing.

I purchased my kit used, I installed the pump that was sent with the kit. That pump failed. During the time of owning the SOS SC Kit I believe I purchased 3 replacement pumps from SOS. I know that Landon has a Comptech-Based supercharger kit, this does not mean he can run the same pump. He did in fact purchase a replacement pump from me. I am unsure what brand pump Landon had that failed.

The internal plastic gearing or motor would stop flowing water, after the first pump failed I ran multiple gallons of distilled water through the lines to try and clear any debris out of them. I guess is possibly small pieces from the water pump motor could have been lodged in the aftercooler and then in time destroyed my second pump.

I can imagine if you added up the numbers of pumps SOS has sold / warrantied vs the number of SC kits SOS has sold you will find its not a matching 1 to 1 ratio. I will also assume some people like Landon or myself purchased replacement pumps or potentially people who purchased a SOS kit used and wanted a new pump.

Long story short, multiple people locally that I have seen and met have had multiple pumps fail.

On a positive note with the air-air intercooler system you wont have to worry about pumps failing
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Landon is on his 3rd pump from what he told me. I suggested the Bosch Cobra pump and he tells me that it is working out very well for him.

I really like the idea of SoS's air to air setup, I would assume it would be compatable with a CT kit as well being that most of the fitment parameters are very close. I have installed both SoS and CT kits and most of it is pretty identical, with few differences.

A 1.5psi loss seems reasonable and fairly efficient. The downside with a water to air in the AZ summers is once the water gets heat soaked, you lose a lot of efficiency. Im curious as to how the larger FMIC would effect airflow to the condenser and radiator. I might consider a SoS air to air myself.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chitoki
Landon is on his 3rd pump from what he told me. I suggested the Bosch Cobra pump and he tells me that it is working out very well for him.
Sounds good. These three pumps were not pumps that we use in our systems - we wanted to make sure this was clear since the facts were unclear in this thread.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TEHSTIG
Long story short, multiple people locally that I have seen and met have had multiple pumps fail.

On a positive note with the air-air intercooler system you wont have to worry about pumps failing
To be clear, we have had only one pump returned to us out of all the systems out in the field. Obviously, we do not know about other units if we are never contacted. However, as pointed out - Landon's pumps, which you were assuming were the units we use, as well as possibly others, are pumps we do not use.

The high quality pumps we include with our systems have a solid track history.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by Chitoki' timestamp='1402506440' post='23199619
Sounds good. These three pumps were not pumps that we use in our systems - we wanted to make sure this was clear since the facts were unclear in this thread.
Yes, he indicated that they were mostly eBay johnson pumps, I assume that was what he bought from THE STIG? Landon really LOVES SoS, only hear good things about you guys from him.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEHSTIG
Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed' timestamp='1402500880' post='23199466
[quote name='TEHSTIG' timestamp='1402485722' post='23199133']
When I had my SOS SC Kit I went through 3 pumps myself, I know Landon also went though a few pumps, in fact... I can recall an evening where Landon called me requesting to purchase one of the spares I had on hand because he had an early morning tuning session & needed to get his replaced.
If sorry for any trouble you've had. I don't see three returns. If you have warranty concerns, please contact us. If three pumps have failed, it is unlikely a pump issue, but something else going on. Feel free to reach us if you'd like us to help you.

I think you are confused about Landon. Landon has a Comptech-based supercharger, which uses a different pump than the one we use. He purchased a pump in 2010, but never used it and it was returned unused.
I no longer own an S2000 let alone a SOS SC Kit, I'm just pointing out that your claim to only have 1 pump failure in the years SOS has been selling the kit and the chances that it was Brandon (Xeux) is quite shocking.

I never tried to warranty claim a broken or defective pump with SOS based on the treatment I had when it came to trying to purchase a new SOS kit from you a day after a Group Buy ended & I was told I didn't qualify for the pricing.

I purchased my kit used, I installed the pump that was sent with the kit. That pump failed. During the time of owning the SOS SC Kit I believe I purchased 3 replacement pumps from SOS. I know that Landon has a Comptech-Based supercharger kit, this does not mean he can run the same pump. He did in fact purchase a replacement pump from me. I am unsure what brand pump Landon had that failed.

The internal plastic gearing or motor would stop flowing water, after the first pump failed I ran multiple gallons of distilled water through the lines to try and clear any debris out of them. I guess is possibly small pieces from the water pump motor could have been lodged in the aftercooler and then in time destroyed my second pump.

I can imagine if you added up the numbers of pumps SOS has sold / warrantied vs the number of SC kits SOS has sold you will find its not a matching 1 to 1 ratio. I will also assume some people like Landon or myself purchased replacement pumps or potentially people who purchased a SOS kit used and wanted a new pump.

[/quote]

I bought this 2 owner kit, and enjoyed 25k miles of boosted fun from it.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
The first three points. Breath of fresh air to hear someone else say that!! I was getting sick of the what is the cheapest part I can buy threads!!!
AMEN! NIB parts only, Mugen NOT Megan. Cheap and fast is not reliable and reliable and fast is not cheap! I want to vomit every time I see someone asking how to do a "cheap" mod or take the cheap way out then bash the shop that tried to help them.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sooo did you guys ever get the air to air sorted i am thinking of building my own from a 600hp precision intercooler left over from a friends car but i am trying to decide how i want to plumb it. trick bends and crossflow or build my own airbox with ram air and keep the piping slightly shorter. let me know my name is Matt i recently purchased the 1200 upgrade form you guys just finished polishing the volute