Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

have ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System, want air-air intercooler?

Old 06-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Touge_S2k
Steven, the US AP1 engines only have a 11.0:1 compression ratio. (Source: http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2003/S2000/specs#mid^AP1143ENW )

If anyone wanted a 650hp S2000, I would highly recommend not going turbo. $ per HP, $ per driveability, $ per complication, the LS engine swap is a better option at that point.

Let be it be known that the people in this thread offering their thoughts on the subject have DECADES of combined S2k experience, and TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars spent going through all of the various boost options that are coming up. These are people who are offering advice from FIRST hand experience. As opposed to, one guy, who read on the internet one time, that ITB's never work on the street, and his cousin saw a dude, in a parking lot at big lots, who said that he heard, from this one dude's sister's uncle, that ITB's on any car, especially an S2000 need to be tuned daily because if the outdoor temperature varies more than 2 degrees it throws everything off, and then that information gets put on the internet and is held as a hard law of tuning... Point being, I would weigh more heavily on the options of people who's been there done that, first hand. It's kinda awesome and unique that in our little valley, we have such a wide variety of people, builds, and experience. Or do your own thing and value the entire experience.

I think the point is to nail down a GOAL for the build, and stick to that goal. Once anyone starts to say "well that's turbo money" or argue HP per $ as if that's the point of every build..., they've already fallen into a trap and lost sight of the goal IMO. Know what you want, do it once, do it right.
Absolutely spot on! I've been in a few maxxed out SC s2000s and they were a BLAST. Even EFR powered cars can't compare. If you want 350-400ish HP, supercharger is a great solution. It'll never be a turbo, or beat a turbo, but it has some really fun driving characteristics.

Marshman, used is fine man! It's a great way to save cash. I just quoted new to get the worst case. I would use all the parts I specificed personally, but I like to do stuff to minimize the possibility of it breaking.

Really interested to see how SOS's intercooler testing goes
Old 06-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marshman
N/A right now but only cuz I couldn't find an air system I liked for sc. Any discount if I buy a kit and you use mine as a guinea pig for the air setup? Just not a fan of the after cooler.
Yes, we can give you a discount on a complete system. Please send us an e-mail (info@ScienceofSpeed.com) or give us a call 480-894-6277.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jin_SK
Out the door it's probably more like 11.
Our target price is around $4700 + engine management & fuel. I don't think it will be that expensive.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xeuxx
My biggest complaint with the Air to Water is the shitty pumps SOS uses. I had several die. (they replaced them all for free, still annoying taking the bumper off each time.)
I'm not sure I agree with this. In several hundred kits in the field, we have only had one pump fail (which I believe was yours), not several. The pumps used are expensive SPX OE-quality pumps made in Sweden by SPX. They should don't fail in the working life of the part unless contamination is ingested.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedChili
How would this be a benefit?
We've had interest from customers who are interested in pushing the kit much further than our original design parameters. Simply put, air intercooling is superior for longer burst duration and liquid intercooling is superior for short burst duration (like street use). Liquid intercooling has other benefits that have to do with packaging.

The liquid intercooler is a superior design in many ways for the 100-200 BHP gain range that the kit was designed for. Now that we have customers pushing well over 300-400 BHP gains a larger capacity charger cooler is required. It is not possible to increase the size of the liquid intercooler, so an air intercooler is an option.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by Jin_SK' timestamp='1401924303' post='23190214
Our target price is around $4700 + engine management & fuel. I don't think it will be that expensive.
I was more inferring full package delivered cost; Supercharger, EMS, fuel, clutch, FMIC, BOV, labor for install, and tuning would get close to that.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xeuxx' timestamp='1402077016' post='23192922
My biggest complaint with the Air to Water is the shitty pumps SOS uses. I had several die. (they replaced them all for free, still annoying taking the bumper off each time.)
I'm not sure I agree with this. In several hundred kits in the field, we have only had one pump fail (which I believe was yours), not several. The pumps used are expensive SPX OE-quality pumps made in Sweden by SPX. They should don't fail in the working life of the part unless contamination is ingested.
When I had my SOS SC Kit I went through 3 pumps myself, I know Landon also went though a few pumps, in fact... I can recall an evening where Landon called me requesting to purchase one of the spares I had on hand because he had an early morning tuning session & needed to get his replaced.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TEHSTIG
When I had my SOS SC Kit I went through 3 pumps myself, I know Landon also went though a few pumps, in fact... I can recall an evening where Landon called me requesting to purchase one of the spares I had on hand because he had an early morning tuning session & needed to get his replaced.
If sorry for any trouble you've had. I don't see three returns. If you have warranty concerns, please contact us. If three pumps have failed, it is unlikely a pump issue, but something else going on. Feel free to reach us if you'd like us to help you.

I think you are confused about Landon. Landon has a Comptech-based supercharger, which uses a different pump than the one we use. He purchased a pump in 2010, but never used it and it was returned unused.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jin_SK
Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed' timestamp='1402450029' post='23198745
[quote name='Jin_SK' timestamp='1401924303' post='23190214']
I was more inferring full package delivered cost; Supercharger, EMS, fuel, clutch, FMIC, BOV, labor for install, and tuning would get close to that.
[/quote]

Parts will be approximately $6,700.00 (including supercharger, intercooler kit, blow off valve, AEM EMS, injectors & fuel pump. I don't think it will be nearly that expensive even if a customer decides to bring us the car for installation (around $1,000) & tuning (around $600).

Getting back on topic... these prices will be significantly discounted for anyone interested locally. Please contact us directly if you have any questions on this offer.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
I'd expect that bill to start with at least an 8.
Parts will be approximately $6,700.00 (including supercharger, intercooler kit, blow off valve, AEM EMS, injectors & fuel pump. I don't think it will be nearly that expensive even if a customer decides to bring us the car for installation (around $1,000) & tuning (around $600).

Quick Reply: have ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System, want air-air intercooler?