Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Is Gilbert facility still preferred for East Valley service?

Old 07-15-2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had my 15,000 mile service @ Gilbert last week - seemed like a reasonable price overall. The only "bad" thing was that the tech (gently) pushed down on my hood after I had reminded my service manager to tell the tech NOT to do this. She even had noted it on the service form (she showed me) but somehow he ignored it or forgot

Otherwise, no problems & they installed my Mobil 1 filter and oil without a problem. Luckily, the hood is OK. At least they have an open bay so I can see if something is done wrong - I wouldn't know at other places...

BTW, I spoke with my Acura service manager over at Acura Tempe and he claims that they have two techs that have trained on the S2000 over there now and would be happy to do service for our cars. They are reportedly owned by the same people who own/run Honda Mesa & Gilbert (not Honda Tempe) and they seemed to do a good job with our MDX. I may try them out in the future with my S2K (i.e 30k service). Just an FYI...
Old 07-16-2003, 06:02 AM

Right Honda on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. in Scottsdale are great people and have a great service area. They also sell high performance aftermarket equipment so I know my mods will be okay in their eyes. The have a tech named Andy that works on S2000's and is the highest qualified tech on the premises!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:13 AM

I have had good experience with Right Honda. I take my car to them and Andy has done the work on it. I have had the major TSB's done there and all were no muss - no fuss.

As a matter of fact, I took my car in for an oil change, and mentioned that there was a grinding between 1st and 2nd. Service manager drove the car and whoops! the car was gone for a week for the gear TSB and clutch TSB. Have also had the top TSB and spark plug TSB done there.

One note - I have asked the parts guy there about aftermarket parts and his response was "those cars are so good - just leave them stock", so don't expect a lot of advice on aftermarket parts.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:46 PM

Who is the parts guy now? I think David Vance, who was the awesome parts manager at Showcase, moved up to Right. If he is the person, let me know.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all of the valley Honda dealers are jackasses...
Every time you go to any of them you are taking your chances,
Good thing Hondas are VERY reliable veichles and all I ever have to go there for is oil changes.....
Old 07-17-2003, 05:39 PM

I'm glad you guys have had good experiences with Right - I have never visited their service dept., but I didn't have a good experience with their sales (in fact, it was awful). It's too far for me on a regular basis anyway, so I will likely continue to go to Mesa or Gilbert. Again, I may try Acura Tempe one of these days. I also know an independent Japanese car mechanic who is good & honest - he takes his time, but is very thorough. I don't know that he's worked on any S2000s though...