Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Is Gilbert facility still preferred for East Valley service?

Old 04-10-2003, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Gilbert facility still preferred for East Valley service?

Haven't seen anything about the Honda of Mesa Gilbert facility for a while, but I remember people were very happy with their service in the past. I've still got to get the spark plug recall done, as well as a few other minor items.

If not Gilbert, does anybody have any recent experience with another dealership in the East Valley? The last post I saw was from February, and things seem to change quickly at the dealerships around here.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-10-2003, 05:01 PM

I haven't heard anything bad about those two facilities. Gilbert is owned by Mesa.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:33 PM

Skip Showcase. I just went there last week for what will probably be my last time there.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:02 PM

Don't go to Honda of Tempe!
Old 04-12-2003, 08:13 PM

Mesa and Gilbert have both been very good for me - of course, they're the same ownership...

I will not be returning to Showcase, either. Tempe is too scary based on other people's experiences, and Arrowhead is just too far.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:17 PM

Any bad news on Earnhardt?
Old 04-15-2003, 11:24 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like not much has changed since the last time this topic came up.

I've got an appointment at Gilbert tomorrow for the spark plug recall and one other minor item. I'll be sure to post a report.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:09 PM

Got my service at Gilbert this morning. Very clean, modern facility with a huge window providing a clear view of most of the garage area. I spoke with Art (general mgr.) and Corey (asst. svc. mgr.) and both were friendly and helpful.

I mentioned that I found out about them through the favorable reviews posted on this forum, and they both smiled and expressed their gratitude to all of you who posted. They seemed genuinely concerned about presenting themselves and their shop in a positive manner. Art mentioned that he had spoken to somebody else from the group a while back, but I didn't get any details about that conversation.

The tech assigned to do the work (spark plug recall) was well-spoken and polite, and really seemed to know his stuff when I asked him about various TSBs and known issues. The work was done quickly, the car was returned clean, and the hood was dropped properly (not pushed down).

Based on this quick experience, I wouldn't hesitate to take my car back to Gilbert. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:20 PM

Bluescreen,

That was probably me. I live within a few miles of Gilbert Service Center and take my wife's 2000 Honda Accord for service. I had the spark plug recall completed in 11/02 and took the S to them to pull a diag code about 3 weeks ago.

Corey is a great individual to work with and they have 2 techs that are only allowed to work on the S2000. Very professional group and would definitely recommend to club members for warranty/maintenance work.

Rick
Old 04-18-2003, 08:34 AM

I forgot - I had to remind them that they should drop the hood rather than push (gently) which I saw them do when I had my spark plug TSB done way back when. I'm glad they remember now! Other than that, excellent service.

Quick Reply: Is Gilbert facility still preferred for East Valley service?