Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Followup visit to Steering issue

Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Followup visit to Steering issue

Hey 9KRDLIN I took the car back to Superstition as recommended and after Torrance said that they would not send a factory rep out because my car was in specification.

Greg is definitely a nice guy and knows what he is doing. After taking a drive and having the car all day, they could not find any problems and in fact after driving another one on the lott it had the same characteristics with the steering being slightly lazy to the right.

As Greg indicated, there is a tolerance where produciton vehicles fall within and in my case and the other one on the lott it is normal. I would never buy a performance car knowing that it did this but not much I can do now.

I guess at this point I am just disappointed with the product and have no choice but to live with it or of course sell the car.

It's funny becaus the Rental I had yesterday while they kept my car drove straight as a missle.

Thanks for the advice at least I had someone I felt comfortable and rather knowledgeable looking at the car.

Boo honda Engineers
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 AM

sorry to hear that. don't give up though. try cesar next. ask him what he can do for ya before you run it down there though
Old 10-10-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by 9KRDLIN,Oct 10 2007, 10:11 AM
sorry to hear that. don't give up though. try cesar next. ask him what he can do for ya before you run it down there though
I've already talked with him via phone. He indicated that there is probably nothing he can do based on the description.

I just hope over time i pretty much forget its there, but I know its easier said than done.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM

if you like we can trade and i will drive yours, and you can drive mine. i figure with the intake, exhaust, and custome plate, it should be even
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 9KRDLIN,Oct 10 2007, 01:44 PM
if you like we can trade and i will drive yours, and you can drive mine. i figure with the intake, exhaust, and custome plate, it should be even
Ha Ha,

no i think ill wait until i trade it in for the Exige

Hey what kind of tires do you have on your car ?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:00 PM

hankooks i believe. i paid $277 installed for the full set just so i could get it going. they work really good, except I have to keep the tires pressure full or else they have a little sidewall flex. no problem though. gives me better gas mileage anyways
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM

watchdog, you're way too picky to own a Lotus man. Not that its a bad thing, but if you're not happy with a Honda...I think you'll go insane owning a Lotus.

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

lol
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by CBR2200,Oct 11 2007, 11:54 AM
watchdog, you're way too picky to own a Lotus man. Not that its a bad thing, but if you're not happy with a Honda...I think you'll go insane owning a Lotus.

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

lol
LOL that is funny shit.... I like that acronym

You may be right on the picky part but when you drive another vehicle that does not do it and you pay good money for something I believe you would expect it to perform the same.

yes one i drove did do it, and one other one did not but I would expect them all to be the same when it comes to a handling/steering characteristic.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:26 PM

So after 3 months and 5 trips to dealerships and 3rd party shops regarding this dumb steering issue I was honestly ready to sell this car( kidding).

Until yesterday when I decided to cross swap the rear tires and 'Lo and behold' the whole f&*King problem is gone. I knew I wasn't crazy, picky yes but not crazy

It is the only thing I did not try and none of the dealerships would thought it could make a difference either. Each dealership checked the tires for balance, wear etc and even when I replaced the fronts I had the rears rebalanced again.

For two days now I have been driving with them cross swapped to make sure there was no placebo affect and the car drives like a freaking champ.

I have the whole post in the tires & track section but am still not sure why the rears or how rather they would cause that especially when they look totally fine. No feathering, cupping or uneven wear.

So I am leaving the rears going in the wrong direction until i decide what I am going to buy but it won't be bridgestones again.

Is there a non-directional tire that will still perform good that I can try ?

TB I saw your reply in Tires and Track section and didn't realize you were in AZ. Thanks for your input already.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 AM

well dam, i thought you tried that already i had to do that with my new kuhmo's on my civic. at freeway spped it would sway like crazy. nothing wrong with the tires. so I moved them to the fronts and no problems anymore. crazy ass tires... great thing you got it man!!!

Quick Reply: Followup visit to Steering issue