Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Firebird West Track Event March 1-2

Old 02-25-2003, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Professional Autosports track event at Firebird West this weekend. Nice twisty track for the S2000. I'll be there, at least one NSX I know of, Chris Wilson of Science of Speed may be there as well. Any others? Go to www.proautosports.com

nrs? gloffer?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:43 AM

I was going to head out to PIR this weekend, but the weather forecast does not look that good.

By the way, that new track out near PIR is opening soon. I got an email from ASRA saying that they were going there at the end of March.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:06 PM

I've already registered for that event at Arizona Motorsports Park. It's the weekend of March 23rd.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:04 PM

If the weather cooperates I'll be there with the Boxster S (its first time on the track). RFever should be there as well.

Tom
Old 02-26-2003, 07:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TSS2K
[B]If the weather cooperates I'll be there with the Boxster S (its first time on the track).
Old 02-26-2003, 09:16 PM

I want to go, but my car is broken possibly new engine..anyway..how i do i get a track license??? or go about racing on the track? please tell
Old 02-26-2003, 09:40 PM

I was refering to the 1st, but most likely I'll be at both.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:30 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

supercharged_S,

Attached below is some info on track events that I copied from an old e-mail. In addition to ProAutoSports, Arizona Sports Racing Association (ASRA) and National Auto Sports Association (NASA) are organizations that provide us civilians with track time. The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) also runs AutoCrosses locally at least once per month.

For you noobies, you'll have to attend the novice orientation/training class. This is a one-time cost of ~$175 and starts early on the first two days of a given event. That is on a Friday thru Sunday event Novice classes are only offered on Fri and Sat, and not on Sun.

Novice classes usually start around 8:00 AM and consist of the following:
1.5 hours class room
20 minutes on the track with an instructor in the passenger seat, helping you out
Another 1.5 hours of class room
Another 20 minutes on the track with an instructor.
After that you're on your own for 3 more 20 minute track sessions separated by lunch and the other run groups. Note that you can ask for additional instructor ride-a-longs anytime

Future event track time cost is ~$115 -$125 for five 20 minute sessions on the track.
You'll need a helmet, motorcycle helmets are cheaper than car helmets and are acceptable if they're at least a Snell 95 rated. Note, I've only had the rating on my helmet checked once at the 8 or so events I've attended so far.

In case you're wondering, in general your regular auto insurance should cover you for any incidents. Check with your agent or read your policy for sure, but this is considered High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) and not "racing"as there is no timing or competetion taking place. However, I have heard of some policies that exclude coverage for ANY incidents on a race track. That being said the ProAutoSports events have a terrific record for safety, something like only one incident in the 8 or so years they've been in business in the street car classes, and it was settled via the insurance of the offendeing driver.

SERIOUSLY this is THE most fun you can have in a car, or anywhere for that matter, and will show you how crazy you can get in a car and still maintain control.

Click on the link to ProAutoSports below which will hopefully answer any other questions you may have.

Professional AutoSports Inc.
www.proautosports.com
Arizona Region

Phone:480-961-3864 Fax:480-961-1812 Email:Johair@cox.net
Old 02-27-2003, 08:26 PM
nrs

I'll be at the Mar 1/2 event, but no S2000. If you're there Jim and co. look for my trailer. Ford Racing sign on it.

Neil
Old 02-28-2003, 09:13 AM

I will be at Firebird 3/1 with my S2000.

Quick Reply: Firebird West Track Event March 1-2