Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Firebird Track Day Sept 13

Old 09-11-2003, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Firebird Track Day Sept 13

If I can get my front brake pads changed tomorrow, I'll be at the track on Saturday. ProAutoSports is offering a free track day on the West track. The track has a new surface and will be a little slick. I think the free day is a win/win; a cheap way for Firebird to get some rubber down on the new surface and a good deal for ProAutoSports members. Here's a link to the PSA web site http://www.proautosports.com/ARIZONA.html The free day isn't listed on the web site, but I've got several E-mails on the free day and submitted an entry form.

First run for the red group is at 0800. Then there are 3 or 4 more runs spaced about an hour apart after that. There isn't a classroom session for this event, so you'll have to be a PSA member to get in on the freebie. Bring your helmet (or try to bum one at the track) and a few bucks and you can catch a ride with me on a first come first served basis. I promise not to hurt you, you may get nauseated, but you won't get hurt.

On Sunday, there's an SCCA autocross out at Arizona Motorsports park. I can't make that, but auto-crosses are a blast and not all-day long like a track day. Here's a link to the SCCA website http://www.azsolo2.com/
Old 09-11-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darn... I knew I should have joined a while ago. If I have the time I will swing down there on Saturday. I'll bring my helmet along in case I want to put my life in your hands...

Adam
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM

Theres no way I can sign up now and still be able to come out for free?
Old 09-11-2003, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by S2KOwner
Theres no way I can sign up now and still be able to come out for free?
I don't think so, unless you can convince them that you're capable in a car on the race track. I think that you would have to prove that you've have had training from a recognized racing organization. That being said you can always give them a call or send an E-mail and give it a shot. Look their number up on the link provided earlier.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:01 PM

So, should I bring my certificates from the Derek Daly School in Vegas, and the ones from PIR?

Hey Gloffer, would you vouch for me if I asked? You've seen me on the track before and know that I am capable.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Gloffer

I don't think so, unless you can convince them that you're capable in a car on the race track. I think that you would have to prove that you've have had training from a recognized racing organization. That being said you can always give them a call or send an E-mail and give it a shot. Look their number up on the link provided earlier.
Thanks. I have never been on a road course, so I won't bother. I think I'm going to go out on Sept. 28th though.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM

GNALUZU,
I'll vouch for you, for all the good it will do. If you're serious about track time, you should contact ProAutoSports before Saturday. Good luck!

c/ya,
Mike
Old 09-12-2003, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to be at Firebird around 07:30 to say hi to Mike and watch for a bit.
It's practically in my back yard....
Old 09-13-2003, 02:12 PM

A big thank you to Gloffer for letting me ride shotgun with him today. The car handled great, probably due to the excellent driver that it had.

While we were out on the track we must have seen at least 5 spins, not exactly what you want to see. At least there was no contact. I did have a couple of flash backs to Days of Thunder when all you could see was a cloud of dirt. What was it that Robert Duval would say, "you can drive through it"??? Well, Gloffer did an excellent job of keeping both of us safe and the car shinny side up.

Next time I will take his advice and actually call PAS when he tells me too. I was kicking myself all afternoon because I could have done the driving school that morning. Oh well, there is always next time.

Thanks again Mike.

Adam
Old 09-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Damn I wish I knew about this earlier...I would have done this in a heart beat..

Quick Reply: Firebird Track Day Sept 13