Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Enkei PF01 SS Wheels

Old 02-26-2013 | 06:37 AM
15 Year Member

As my car sits today no I will not roll my fenders. There is no need to.

My next mods are new rotors, pads, lines, fluid, camber joints/rollcenter kit, and a couple other things. No wheels anytime soon for me so there will be no need to roll.

All of those mods are aimed at just maximizing what I already have. As my car sits with -1.8 degrees of front camber I cant even fully utilize the grip of my 225 front tire, so I want to mod the car to maximize the grip I still have before moving on to wheels.

Then I am stuck with what to do with my car because to go faster, I will need wider wheels and that does mean fender mods. Not necessarily because I have to do fender mods to fit new wheels, but because its sometimes safer to do minor mods as a precaution. Meaning its likely that while on track or in the canyons you may end up rubbing and catching an edge and then actually doing real damage to your fenders. So what I am trying to say is trimming the fender liner and bending the tabs back is actually less damage to your fender then what could potentially happen.

For example, someone was running 17x9+60 with a 255 front tire and coil overs. They never rubbed and never rolled their fenders. Well at Laguna Seca which is an extreme scenario they went through the corkscrew and the tire caught the fender tab and and ended up jacking up the fender. So now they have a jacked fender. It would have been better to do some minor alterations to the fender as a precaution in that case.
Old 02-26-2013 | 07:27 AM
20 Year Member

Simmy is right, track guys need super flossy shit for confidence. I'm voting you pick up a pristine set of MF10's for track duty.

No Rolled Fenders - Check
Super Baller Wheels - Check
Confidence* - Check
On your list of desired wheels** - Check

* Confidence is directly proportional to the level of baller and dollar amount you spend on your wheels.
** Added Bonus: you can pick up two sets of MF10's to run a full square set up. Fcuk yeah!

/Thread
Old 02-26-2013 | 07:50 AM

I wouldn't roll fenders unless you have backups for the front, s2000 paint is brittle as shit. I say pass on these wheels and pick something up like regamasters, mf10s or advans for track. These wheels are also eh. You put these wheels on a civic, not an s2k
Old 02-26-2013 | 09:54 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the advise. I'm going to get my setup on the suspension first and do that right with all the stuff that Adam and Feezy mentioned. Drive the car with stock wheels some more with wider tires and then see what my options might be at that point.

I would rather wait and get Some Mugen's, Volk's or Advans with the right fitment and offset that would allow me to keep my fenders in tact. If I get more aggressive with tracking it frequently (more than 6 times a year), I will reconsider the fender/wider wheels scenario at that point.
Old 02-26-2013 | 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Simmy is right, track guys need super flossy shit for confidence. I'm voting you pick up a pristine set of MF10's for track duty.

No Rolled Fenders - Check
Super Baller Wheels - Check
Confidence* - Check
On your list of desired wheels** - Check

* Confidence is directly proportional to the level of baller and dollar amount you spend on your wheels.
** Added Bonus: you can pick up two sets of MF10's to run a full square set up. Fcuk yeah!

/Thread
Oh jeez! Legit question: How did the MF10s fair on the track? Any bends/etc? How come you went with those and not another set of wheels?
Old 02-26-2013 | 03:44 PM

Unless you have very deep pockets and that money is burning a hole in them, something else to consider before dropping two grand on track wheels and tires...are there going to be any tracks left in Phoenix in the next 60 days for you to run your DE sessions?

Nascar eliminated PIR (too bad cause that was a fun track). We know that Firebird East is going to become a parking lot for Lucas off road events, Main is in limbo and Bondurant got the nod for the West track. I have not heard anything from PAS or NASA if event dates have been confirmed to run the West so that leaves AMP and the board of stupidvisors have imposed heavy use restrictions on it to make it virtually non existant. Inde and Chuckwalla are cool but three hours away making them very difficult to reach for a 1 day DE event...not to mention the "what if my car breaks" scenario. Big tow bill to get home. Do you have a trailer and truck? RV? me neither. I love track events but my R compounds are heat cycled out and super greasy. Call me cheap but I'm waiting to find out if we have a local place to run before buying more track shoes.

Bottom line; it's your car so do what makes you happy.
Old 02-26-2013 | 06:12 PM

Point well taken. Lots of variables to consider.
Old 02-27-2013 | 03:45 PM
20 Year Member

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/3646491361.html
Old 02-27-2013 | 04:09 PM

They're 7.5 up front so no point over stock.. Except for boosting your confidence

Here's another set that might suit your needs better. The 17x9 +54 shouldn't rub in the rear but a light roll is suggested.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3644779374.html
Old 02-27-2013 | 04:53 PM
20 Year Member

The MF10's don't come any bigger that stock sizing but he's got them in his list of acceptable wheels.

I have absolutely no idea what is on the table and what is off the table at this point.

Quick Reply: Enkei PF01 SS Wheels