Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Enkei PF01 SS Wheels

Old 02-25-2013 | 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by dat boi
I think he means 17x9 +63, not 65, but I could be wrong.
The pics do indicate +65.

Not a bad deal if you have socal plans and a truck.
Old 02-25-2013 | 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Originally Posted by berny2435' timestamp='1361805635' post='22361515

FWIW, square setup costs more to setup correctly. At minimum, I feel it is needed to upgrade the front swaybar and max out your front camber assuming you are running stock ball joints.
This is certainly true in most cases, but from all my research the CR does not need any more front swarbar. There are a lot of CR owners running non-staggered with the stock bar due to the stock thickness in conjunction with the stock spring rates (ratio of front to rear).

Yes though, max camber will be needed...and again this all comes down to what the plans for the car are. Max with the swift springs is -2.2 if that direction is taken...which will be good for awhile, but ultimately not be nearly enough camber. That will also depend on the tires selected since some tires require more camber than others.
I will add a caveat to my statements
I'm mainly talking about AutoX experience here.

The car "likes" more front bar. Not upgrading the front bar when you are on stock springs can lead to making the inside rear wheel real light, or even pull it off the ground, which is not preferred. I've pulled a rear wheel off the ground, even with KW clusports. More front bar and spring rate and less rear bar has kept my rear end glued for AutoX and some high speed stuff.
Old 02-25-2013 | 06:48 PM

Suggestion for a setup you wont have to roll fenders with if you run 245s.
17x8.5 +58 SSR Type C. $2,000 for a new set which is not bad compared to new volks. Their weight has got to be off. 25lbs for 17. more like 17lbs I think
http://lsdmotorsports.com/prod/901122040042.html
Old 02-25-2013 | 08:31 PM
15 Year Member

SSR Type F also available in 8.5" +58, similar to CE28.
Old 02-25-2013 | 11:11 PM
Member (Premium)

These were the Advan that I was talking about.

I want to say that there is a used set for sale in SoCal.
Old 02-26-2013 | 12:00 AM

Those are very pricey. Definitely need to find used ones.

I think what I need to do is get my Swift R springs on the car possibly with front top hat spacers, let them settle, buy larger front tires for the OEM wheels and adjust camber slightly. Let the springs settle. Drive on track to ensure no rubbing.

From there I need to bolt on some some wheels from others to see what would be the widest fitting wheel in the front without any rubbing. I just don't want to roll my fenders. I would rather get entirely new fenders that I could use for wider wheel setups.
Old 02-26-2013 | 12:06 AM
Member (Premium)

BTW, the ones in SoCal apparently sold within minutes at the low price of $800 . The deals are out there, you just have to be patient. If you are serious about buying a used set, I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Old 02-26-2013 | 05:30 AM

For what it's worth, the "roll" for front fenders to fit 255s on 17x9 +60 - +63 is not really a roll persay.

I can show you my front fenders. I can DD mine with ease with my track wheel/tire setup. The tabs are not bent up that far. I didn't really touch the small lip of the fender to try and flatten it. I believe the tabs could be reversed back into position to hold a fender liner if extreme care was taken. The fender liners can be replaced with new.

I used heat and an Eastwood fender finisher/pincher device. Simple. I took my time and no paint chips. I could help you out if you want to go this direction.

Also what helps to keep you from damaging fenders would be a stiffer front bar and don't lower it. 245s would fit all around well. Pretty sure People that run stock in AutoX can fit 245s up front on 17x7 wheels without rolling/pinching fenders tabs.

Old 02-26-2013 | 05:30 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Those are very pricey. Definitely need to find used ones.

I think what I need to do is get my Swift R springs on the car possibly with front top hat spacers, let them settle, buy larger front tires for the OEM wheels and adjust camber slightly. Let the springs settle. Drive on track to ensure no rubbing.

From there I need to bolt on some some wheels from others to see what would be the widest fitting wheel in the front without any rubbing. I just don't want to roll my fenders. I would rather get entirely new fenders that I could use for wider wheel setups.
First, the springs dont settle, secondly, as I have said you are not going to rub! Considering I have the same setup and I drive a lot harder then you and have yet to rub, I think I can say with a high degree of certainty that you arent going to rub. Now unless you mean go from -.5 to -1.0 camber then yes you may have a small issue because that is not enough camber, and to be honest, if you are only willing to run -1.0 degrees of camber, dont worry about getting wider wheels/tires because you wont ever be able to utilize the available grip with such small amounts of camber.

So that does bring up a valid point. How willing are you to get an aggressive alignment? Are you willing to get camber joints? IF the answer is no to either or both then my recommendation is more in line with what Feezy suggested. Find some used Volks in OEM sizes and offsets. Bolt them on using 225/255 tires and call it a day.

The only way wider wheels tires makes sense is if you are willing to go the extra steps to make them work.
Old 02-26-2013 | 06:02 AM

I'm willing to get more aggressive camber in the front and install a camber kit of necessary to get a solid contact patch to avoid any rubbing and get a wider rim. My only reservation would be to roll the fenders. Do you think you will roll yours with your current set up?

Quick Reply: Enkei PF01 SS Wheels