Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Drive this Saturaday the 22nd.....

Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Drive this Saturaday the 22nd.....

9kredlin and i plan to drive this saturday to pick a good route for the Fun In The Sun event. We will most likely meet up at the East Sider's meeting place, and then go from there. If you guys have any suggestions about the route, then post here.

Also, if you would like to come along, you are welcome to, but do tell us you're coming. I don't know how long this will take, but most likely the whole day. It should be fun, and if ppl can make it to this one, and not the next drive to Prescott, then come along.

More than likely, if we get to a town in the afternoon, then we will have lunch there, fill up the cars, and then drive a DIFFERENT route back.

We will be meeting at Superstition Springs Honda at 9:00am and will leave at 9:30 to go "explore" AZ It should take us 2-3 hours including rest stops. If you haven't driven on any nice (spirited) roads lately, or ever, then come, because i never have either It should be real fun. Be sure to post here and let us know you are coming.

Or call me at 480-628-5076

ROLL CALL:
1.Dat boi
2.9kredlin
3.the fan

Simmy
Old 12-21-2007, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would need to be back by around 5, do-able?

I got a cast on my right hand so i cant do too much spirited driving. Let me know if you are doing some serious driving because i dont want to hold anyone back
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 AM

no spirited driving, we should be back way before then. we are only doing this drive to find a 3-4 hour drive (including rest stops) so that we can be back in time for the dealership thing. that alots us 3-4 hours of fun time. we have a route picked out. i was hoping to rider shotgun in dat boi's so i can concentrate on navigating and timing this run, so i can type up a final run for the event, if we choose this route. if no one wants to go, i wouldn't mind meeting at your house simmy and go from there to a meeting place, so we can start the clock and get accurate times.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't 3~4 hour too long? I think last year the drive was 2 hours and it was still a pain to manage.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:10 AM

we are all leaving at the ame time, not intervals... and i think this one should be about 2.5 hours. we will find out tomarow. where was the previous drives to?
Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 AM

The idea was to get everybody back for the BBQ and music by noon. The basic trip was through Yarnell to Prescott and back by way of the 17. It did include a stop for gas in Wickenburg. It was a chore getting everybody back in time with staggered groups. It would be hard to find a stopping spot with that many cars.

Roger
Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we'll prolly be back before 2 or so.....and yea, it won't be much spirited driving.....

I was thinking (if ppl are coming) then we meet somewhere around superstition honda and time it from there.

a couple of things, bring a quart of oil, some water, eat something before you leave (or we'll meet up and grab a bite) fill up the car before the drive, check all fluids, and check your tire pressures just to be on the safe side.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 AM

red chili, i figured that would've been the complaint, but we will be trying to find places along the way that we can stop and have enough room, like say a walmart with a gas station in the parking lot. we are just scouting it out and hammering out the details. i don't want to do the same drive as in past years, so people have something new to look foreward to. i am thinking of local places around superstition honda as well that have 1. a secure hotel, and 2. a good meeting place for everyone.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:16 AM

lets meet tomarow morning at superstition honda by the service area and we will go from there. i was thinking meeting at 9, come fed and gassed, and ready to enjoy the sights of roosevelt. i have a route in mind that we will try... pm me for any info.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:58 PM

bump for anyone who wants to go, i will be answering quesions in the morning before the drive. thanks, and good night

Quick Reply: Drive this Saturaday the 22nd.....