Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

D'oh!

Old 05-11-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spa yellow or Rio Yellow is one of the hardest colors to paint mathc.. thats why Krazykorean as well as Mr2S2k are having their whole cars reshot... its unfortunate. but the way they make the yellow, its all eyeballing it.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:45 AM

The woman I love is going through the same process with her (laugh) Kia. She rear-ended someone, and since shes gotten her car back from the body shop, her clutch has quickly dissinigrated to the point of the car not moving. This car, to my surprise, has a hydraulic clutch, so that takes a poor clutch cable adjustment worry out of it. Now, aside from the fact that its a Kia, I'va been asked, "what should I do" a million times. Now... How do I convince her that shes the antichrist of bad business and tell her the right words to mention to the Body shop, and dealer warranty department: that will convince them that fact that she doesnt do 1st gear drops at every stoplight? The whole thing thing that pisses me off the most, is that we expect precision only because we can afford it. Eventually that precision becomes a luxury. YET: to maintain precision you have to have precision service or be an expert yourself. To do that anymore you have to make precision threats and have precision observations, have a lot of time on your hands, or be even more dirt rich to have a lawyer do so for you (or fed up enough to practically have your own law degree)... I hate having to use good tact to convince a representative company man of his injustice, knowing that anything less will result in him turning my honest disaproval down. We live in a country that takes more pride in our freedom, yet becomes selfish as hell when that freedom is threatened by one instance of our lack of good judgement. My whole point comes down to:

Does anyone take any ****ing pride in their work anymore?

My most sincere compliments to the distinguished laborers in this world who have made good business what it is: by taking care of their customers, not because they have to, but because they took the time to (see above). They gave me my standards.

from what I've read in these forums, I'm fully convinced that Ceaser knows likewise.

To the rest of you,

I'm getting really sick of driving around parking lots to find the perfect space, just to park halfway to avoid door dings... And trying to figure out how to wash and protect that awesome gem in my driveway, or wondering if I should drop into 3rd just to pass that annoying middle lane 18 wheeler on the freeway. I'll always love my S2k. Maybe I just have way too much pride....But nothing beats driving home in a leather race car seat every night with the top down...If all goes well in June, I'll be driving 22 million dollar Army helicopters in Iraq. Thank God at least by then I'll know I'll have a parking spot.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:02 AM

P.S. I believe you were looking for the "Official I'm having my period" thread, located a few lines down.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by BrianTucson,May 12 2006, 02:45 AM
The whole thing thing that pisses me off the most, is that we expect precision only because we can afford it. Eventually that precision becomes a luxury. YET: to maintain precision you have to have precision service or be an expert yourself. To do that anymore you have to make precision threats and have precision observations, have a lot of time on your hands, or be even more dirt rich to have a lawyer do so for you (or fed up enough to practically have your own law degree)... I hate having to use good tact to convince a representative company man of his injustice, knowing that anything less will result in him turning my honest disaproval down. We live in a country that takes more pride in our freedom, yet becomes selfish as hell when that freedom is threatened by one instance of our lack of good judgement. My whole point comes down to:

Does anyone take any ****ing pride in their work anymore?

My most sincere compliments to the distinguished laborers in this world who have made good business what it is: by taking care of their customers, not because they have to, but because they took the time to (see above). They gave me my standards.

from what I've read in these forums, I'm fully convinced that Ceaser knows likewise.

To the rest of you,

I'm getting really sick of driving around parking lots to find the perfect space, just to park halfway to avoid door dings... And trying to figure out how to wash and protect that awesome gem in my driveway, or wondering if I should drop into 3rd just to pass that annoying middle lane 18 wheeler on the freeway. I'll always love my S2k. Maybe I just have way too much pride....But nothing beats driving home in a leather race car seat every night with the top down...
BrianTucson,

You are reading my mind. I fully agree with everything you said.

I would be completely embarrassed to deliver this car to a customer after nearly two months and over $20,000. Obviously they could see the paint does not match, they probably just thought they could pass it by me, so, what the hell. It would have taken only five minutes to see the check engine light on, the mirror loose, the non-operational window, and the non-operational parking lights. I can understand that they didn't notice the cut on the steering wheel, it is small. The other stuff, on the other hand, would have been noticed immediately by anyone who gave a shit about taking pride in their work.

The real irony here is the place is called "Elite" and their motto is "Quality The First Time!" Well, this will be my third trip...

I have high school kids working for me at minimum wage that truly take more pride in their work than this. It all comes down to training and leadership. The first time the boss says to pass off a bad paint job, that becomes the new standard.

I am sorry to say this but I think corporate giants are better at getting things right than independents. The fact that someone would be in a world of crap for signing off on such a shoddy job is the needed motivator for half-assed people. With the independent shop my paint job was probably a decision made by management to keep the cost from totaling the car, thus eliminating their 20k paycheck. I am making a lot of assumptions here, I understand, I just can't figure out why I have to deal with this BS from a place called Elite, Quality The First Time!

Sorry for being wordy.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_zonie,May 12 2006, 07:02 AM
P.S. I believe you were looking for the "Official I'm having my period" thread, located a few lines down.
SNAP! Save me a Tampon!
Old 05-15-2006, 10:34 AM

I got a clean bill of health today from Earnhardt's, thanks Cesar. Apparently they were actually impressed with Elite's work.

Is anyone here a paint expert? The paint I was so upset about last week doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought. Does new paint change as it spends a few days in the sun or am I on crack?