Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

D'oh!

Old 05-04-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let the ghost riding CONTINUE!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:46 PM

So I went to pick up the car Friday at 8am. They pulled it up front and I immediately noticed the driver's side mirror is not tight up against the door, minor annoyance. Then I hop in and go to drop the windows, passenger's window doesn't move, becoming more annoying. I just want to drive, whatever, I'll deal with it later. I pull out of the parking lot, the check engine light is on. So I brought the car back, describe the issues I've noticed without any kind of close inspection, and say I'll be back Monday. So I show up as planned Monday and the car has not been fixed yet. It is a 70 mile round trip to Elite for me and I returned my rental already since I was told the car was ready. This is very inconvenient to say the least. Keith, my advisor at Elite, actually asked me what was wrong again today, WTF!?! And then he finishes with a "Don't call me, I'll call you." C'mon, the car has been there for almost two months!

So I am not as enthusiastic as some of you about Elite. Granted this was a big job, but I noticed three obvious problems without any effort whatsoever, what is Cesar going to find when I can finally get the car to Earnhardts?

I am not a happy camper.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 PM

wow, i would have delt with avondale honda and had Dave take care of it all. Better leave it with a big organization that has their name behind the work they do, or get stuck with experience that you encountered.

hope all goes well. I too encountered a similar experience.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:16 PM

sucky....

my first reaction to
I just want to drive, whatever, I'll deal with it later.
is that DONT DO IT!!!!

any company will try to give you the run around first. its just plain annoying
Old 05-08-2006, 03:43 PM

How the freaking heck did I miss this thread!?! I must have been out of town for the week!

Yikes, glad you are ok. Sorry to hear about Elite. Talk to Brent the owner and tell him the issues and that we've been recommending him online, and this is the new service we'll gladly remove that recommendation. Print this and take it in.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:05 PM

Dude!
Take the car to Cesar and the boys at Earnhardt's and have them do what they can, and what they can't get it in writing to fix.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:39 AM

^That's the plan...
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 AM

Picked up the car, window, check engine light, and mirror fixed. There are a couple minor things still-front parking lights aren't working, tiny cut in steering wheel...now the major thing...the paint doesn't match. At some angles you can't tell unless you are looking for it and at other angles it is totally obvious. I didn't notice the other day b/c the car was parked half in the sun and half in the shade. I am taking the car to Cesar Monday to check for any other issues and then back to Elite to take care of the paint.

I sent an email to Brent (too late to call) at Elite. Hopefully they don't give me the run-around. I'm really not in the mood for a fight over this.

This is turning into quite an adventure...

Old 05-11-2006, 12:19 AM

I was worried about you having paint match issues after a few of the yellow S2k paint problem posts Ive read. Make those bastards repaint your whole car if they have to. You have no idea how much these body shops make off of insurance work. Settle for nothing less than perfect; you're paying for it too, trust me. Any good business has a corporate office, and every good city has a city attorney. Your insurance company's contract states that they will have your car either repaired to exactly the way it was before the accident, or they will buy you another one as per economically feasible. The digital photos and constant nagging are your job.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think a company that called themselves Elite would provide top level service and have a spectacular QC process. I have never had anything done buy them, but I did qet a quote on some work from them. The quote was 25% higher than the shop I use. After seeing the problems most people go through with Elite I would not bring anything to them.

Quick Reply: D'oh!