Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Dent Guy

Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dent Guy

Anyone know of an amazing dent guy?

If a-holes in parking lots could control their doors I wouldn't have to worry about getting dents taken out. Add to that family members putting things on high shelves in the garage that could possibly fall onto the car.

Damn I hate dents!!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Effin pigs who swing their door open into another's car side should be sited as an incident... period! I can't stand overt littering, and I just can't stand door-dingers!
It's unexcusable to me. It's one of my top peeves. I used to work in a building on the 4th floor. I'd have to stay after all the others left at 4 PM, and would be watching out the window over the parking lot. I can't tell you how many times I'd see people go to their cars and fling open their doors without a stopping them to where the door would SLAM into the next car's side. They would just fling the door open, throw themselves in and book! Not right.
Mervin had a few dings taken out by a dent guy during one of our tech days at Earnhardt's a couple of seasons ago. I believe that our former tech rep at Earnhardt's, Lori, set up the dent dude for that event and he did a fantastic job on a few dents that some had on our Ss.
Contact Lori, and/or Mervin, (RFever) for references.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM

This is why you park far out in the lot away from idiots
Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM

NAHHHHHHH
Hear me now...
I have parked "miles" away from my intended destination only to find a HUGE SUV parked next to me.
I am so ready to make a study.
Home Depot is one thing... Parking at a cluster where there is vast open spaces away from your favorite restaraunt is another. I have sat with friends at a new cluster while my S was parked WAY out beyond and seen SUVs cozy up next to my S so close that I had a difficult time getting in to my S. I mean... it was SPLNDID and the monster SUV on an island! It is a phenomenim that I can't explain.
You park your S miles away from the commons and always there will be some dominating SUV that needs to park next to your car.
Primarily, I have a thought that it is all about the domination aspect of why the HUGE SUV drivers get their vehicle in the first place. DOMINATION.
It is okay if one person gets out of the driver's seat... it's another if they have a litter and the little johnys all disperse and slam the over the wheel door right on top of your car. (That happened to me!)
I dunno!
I posted a thread a couple of years ago addressing this strangeness that I observed that wherever, however far out, I parked, that there would always be a HUGE SUV parked next to my S.
Avoid straight-in parking lines.
I like Albertson's because they use the canted lines and I haven't been dingd there yet.
I received my first, and only, ding up front of a BlockBuster where the parking is straight in, and an SUV with a mob of kids spanked their doors open right in to my S. I saw it all happen!
Parking in the boonies ... do it - but you'll be amazed to see who else finds your parking interesting...a HUGE SUV every time!

CB
Old 12-13-2007, 02:47 PM

I've developed a habit of parking in the boonies taking two spaces. If I don't have that option, I park at the end of the parking lot and get as close to the outside edge as possible, again parking at a bit of an angle.

Of course, that doesn't help when a truck takes advantage of that and parks parallel to my S, taking part of my parking space... (as happened today)
Old 12-13-2007, 03:05 PM

bunch of jealous knobs in the world
Old 12-13-2007, 03:51 PM

Talking

parking sideways even in the boonies excites the aholes in to keying your car. I believe that the general idea is that our S is part of the "ricer" crowd... the "wannabees". I just can't explain it ... ergo the request for research.
I've heard people talk about the "wannabes" and how they are not impressed with their attempt to keep their ride clean. Seen it. Heard people talk about it.
The bestest parking spot I could ever find is like the one at Circuit City in the San Tan Village. There is ONE spot in between the curb and the cart return cage. Oh yeah... it's all mine! NO SUV, or van can park on either side!
Without a boundary, I always find a HUGE SUV next to my car - even if I'm inches away from the curb... they cozy up on the other side every time. Strange phenom indeed. How do the Porsches and Ferarri's park in public spaces? In Vegas, I had my ride valet'd. It came out okay.
There's just something about our Honda S2000 that the general public doesn't appreciate. Park close to it... ding it... they don't care.
In the end, I don't care if it is a Yugo, or Bugatti, dinging the door panel should be considered an incident worthy of an insurance claim.

CB
Old 12-14-2007, 08:03 AM

I have a couple of dents that need to be pulled out. Co worker said to use heat then dry ice. Can't hurt to try.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 AM

Like, heat gun or blow-dryer heat...not welding/plasma torch heat Just thought I'd clarify for those over-zealous guys out there...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:01 AM

Yeah just heat gun. I'll try it and let you guys know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Dent Guy