Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Cracking down on speeders.

Old 08-05-2004, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm not a doctor or a military guy, but I have found that slipping a DONUT under my license when I hand it to the cop works WONDERS...
Old 08-05-2004, 11:50 AM

hey doc ever tried going to another mvd? or dmv?? or whatever its called?? I'm sure another clerk will do it. Considering your name is now Dr. J instead of Mr. J I'd make a fuss considering you did go through massive amount of schooling for more respect than the other guy next you on the road....
Old 08-05-2004, 12:17 PM

JJ,

My dad is chief of Pathology and Lab Medicine @ mayo clinic scottsdale. He doesn't have it on his license.

-Lee
Old 08-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by asu_lee,Aug 5 2004, 12:17 PM
JJ,

My dad is chief of Pathology and Lab Medicine @ mayo clinic scottsdale. He doesn't have it on his license.

-Lee
That is because he can't. It is a DMV "rule". No Preferential Treatment.

I could care less if it is or isn't on my license, it is the REASON that they won't let me put it on that pokes me!

They should train the officers that EVERYONE breaking the law should be treated the same. Other officers, military, doctors without MD on their license or John Doe just out to get some groceries.

Regardless.

That was my point.

JJ
Old 08-05-2004, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doc,Aug 5 2004, 10:23 AM
I don't hate YOU at all! If I had the ID, I would probably take advantage of the flawed system as well, I'm sure.

I hate the SYSTEM and it's inconsistencies.

I'm mid-thirties, don't look like a punk (although I do have an earring). and my record was flawless, and feel my profession is worthy,

(interesting side note: The DMV refuses to put MD after my name on my drivers lisence. Why you ask? "Because we don't want anything to influence the officer stopping you if you need a ticket" IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DMV MORON SAID TO ME WHEN I ASKED!!!!! )

but I got no mercy when I was stopped. (granted it was a little fast, but not that much of a speed gap as yours above - and not residential) If I woulda had my Big Boys ID, then I would have gotten off? THAT is what is BS.

So my rant is not at you Tanner!
hehe i understand your rant, bro. the thing is ... he didn't clock me so he had no proof, so even if he wanted, he couldn't really give me a ticket. he just knew i was going 'fast.'

you're right in that everyone should be treated the same, but here's one inconsistency i love. if there's a pack of cars going the same speed, which do they pull over ... the old dodge truck or the S2000?

the S, right? to me, that makes no sense. if i'm going to 80 in my truck, god help me! i feel like i'm about to lose control whereas the car ... it just feels natural.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Doc,Aug 5 2004, 09:23 AM
I'm mid-thirties, don't look like a punk (although I do have an earring).
Didn't your mother tell you about earrings on boys? LOL, just kidding bro'.

I think it's all a bunch of crap, it's just a revenue generator plain and simple. Because if it was about safety then there would be a consistent level of enforcement.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:06 AM

Yesterday evening coming home from work later than normal I was east bound on the 202. I saw 2 people that were pulled over but they were heading west as the traffic was lighter heading that direction. I was rounding the Gilbert curve and a SUV heading west was flashing his lights. I slowed from 70 to 65 and set the cruise control. I rolled down my front windows (tint is too dark) and kept an eye out for the police. The DPS officer was under the ValVista bridge and no one was speeding because of the warning we had received from the on coming traffic. The
officer hit me with laser and my radar detector and defuser started going crazy. The officer clocked me two times as I was passing him then he pulled out as if he was going to pull me over. I kept driving and he followed me to McDowell (almost 4 miles) and he turned right as I was turning left. That was a bit nerve racking because he probably would have pulled me over for anything that he could have.
I guess I will be driving the truck more often from now on. I need to get a smaller spoiler.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Johnny, when we go to California you have point.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by walkabt,Aug 7 2004, 01:08 PM
Johnny, when we go to California you have point.
Yeah, and someone needs to put a muzzle on me if (and when) we do get pulled over....
Old 08-14-2004, 06:53 PM

Not that I've ever been pulled over before.................... but I know a lot of cops who hate to give tickets. They think its a waste of their time and talent and I agree. People gettin robbed and murdered and what not. Thats the kind of deal a lot of these guys feel they should really be concerned with. Someone goin 45mph in the 35mph zone down Speedway, doesn't feel like you're making a big difference in society. Gettin pulled over by someone in a squad car is easy to talk your way out of cus most of them don't care unlike these motercylce cops who all they do is write tickets, bit trickier. Even if u were "just passing someone" (who was going 40 but u had to do 105 to get around )