Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Cracking down on speeders.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k_zonie,Aug 4 2004, 07:38 AM
... pulled over on the new stretch of 101 between Price and I-10 ...

That's a neat trick. I didn't think the 101 connected Price and the I-10... unless you meant the Chandler-section of the 101-N/S?
Sorry I meant the 202
BTW saw 2 more this morning in same area!
Old 08-04-2004, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw 4 on the 10 close to downtown last night. All 4 had somebody pulled over. Motorcycle cops all of them......
-Lee
Old 08-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Mother f-ers. Thanks, Doc & Wil, for so eloquently saying what I would have interjected with so many choice words not appropriate for this forum....
Old 08-04-2004, 08:34 PM

ya know, i've never had a problem with the tucson police. it's been several times now that i've been pulled over, and i make a point to be respectful, not make excuses, and hand them my military ID, and they haven't ticketed me yet. hell! just tonight when i was taking the wife out for a lil fun, i got pulled over, and he said if he was driving it, he'd prob open it up now and then too.

i do agree with the whole revenue deal though. consistency would be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:13 PM

^^^^damn you.... lol every time my friend gets pulled over he also hands his military id over and all of the sudden the cop is like buddy buddy.... I'm jealous...
Old 08-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Doc

OK, no offense, but that just irks me.

It is just like cops pulling over other cops. "Oops, sorry, you go right ahead and keep breaking the law. Let me go pull over Joe Schmoe who isn't in the Big Boys Club and steal HIS money."

I suppose I could start pulling out my Medical License and try to get off, but I don't.

Just a bunch of BS, once again showing the lowsy inconsistencies in our law enforcement.

JJ
Old 08-05-2004, 08:48 AM

lol well, here's a few details about the whole situation. i was doing 61 in a 35. cop didn't clock me, but with me in v-tec as i passed him at an intersection, he knew i wasn't going 35. so, he pulls me over. i have my wife with me, and i didn't start running off at the mouth with excuses. after he saw i wasn't some dangerous, punk kid with a nice car, he didn't see the need to pursue it any further.

the military thing ... i can't say i see much wrong with it. but i shouldn't; it's helped me in the past, right? maybe it's not right. but here's the thing. if i were a cop, i'd take more than someone's speed into consideration. i'd factor in their age, past record, attitude, and even profession. if they 'look' responsible, i'd prob give them the benefit of the doubt, and i think being in the military shows a certain level of maturity and respect for public servants. it helps that a military ID is proof of all of what i just stated.

hate me if you want, but i love you, doc!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Doc

I don't hate YOU at all! If I had the ID, I would probably take advantage of the flawed system as well, I'm sure.

I hate the SYSTEM and it's inconsistencies.

I'm mid-thirties, don't look like a punk (although I do have an earring). and my record was flawless, and feel my profession is worthy,

(interesting side note: The DMV refuses to put MD after my name on my drivers lisence. Why you ask? "Because we don't want anything to influence the officer stopping you if you need a ticket" IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DMV MORON SAID TO ME WHEN I ASKED!!!!! )

but I got no mercy when I was stopped. (granted it was a little fast, but not that much of a speed gap as yours above - and not residential) If I woulda had my Big Boys ID, then I would have gotten off? THAT is what is BS.

So my rant is not at you Tanner!
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 AM

James I say that you legally change your last name to "MD"
Old 08-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Doc

That is the kicker - It IS legally my name. I have the diploma to prove it. So why can't I get that acknowledgement on my drivers lisence? I can put it on my credit cards/ATM cards/checks/life insurance/car registration - - - - whatever EXCEPT my drivers lisence because I might get "preferential treatment".

Bah.

JJ

Quick Reply: Cracking down on speeders.