Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

You can adjust ride height with that set up.

That was the first suspension I had on my old S2000 and you really can't go wrong with Bilstein. You will need OEM top hats assuming you do not want to take your suspension apart.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Noooooo! Springs suck. Get some ksports or buddy clubs or something like that. Hell those bilstiens are abou the same price as buddy clubs so thats fine also Springs can't be adjusted and if you have alot of miles on the oem struts they will just wear really fast. Get some coilovers and you will be way happier and not be doing mods over again.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to have to agree with ivan on this one. I dont like my ksports compared to the neuspeed spring/oem shock setup I had. The nuespeeds sat about a 1/2" higher and were a lot smoother. Maybe I just have to play with my ksports some more. The bilsteins,teins, and buddy clubs would probably be a lot better then the ksports.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 3en
Im going to have to agree with ivan on this one. I dont like my ksports compared to the neuspeed spring/oem shock setup I had. The nuespeeds sat about a 1/2" higher and were a lot smoother. Maybe I just have to play with my ksports some more. The bilsteins,teins, and buddy clubs would probably be a lot better then the ksports.
As far as comfortability is concerned the Bilsteins shit all over the other coil overs in that price range. They are not coilovers to slam your car on. They are more oriented towards a lower ride height while still being very comfortable for daily driving as well as being able to handle the occasional spirited driving.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM

Imo springs are a waste of money... many people eventually want it lower and not have that fender gap. Sitting in Roberts car with ksports felt nice. My old Teins were too rough for daily, but then again I didnt preload it
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 PM

Bilsteins are still soundin like the way for me to go then. I'm definitely not looking to slam the car, or get into any of that camber stuff. But I do want as little gap as possible while still not having to worry about rub. Perfect world, right? Only planning on going with 17's, so I don't think I'll have too much to worry about. From what it sounds like, the price seems reasonable for the quality of product as well.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Yeah I think your safe with those. Should be a good set up. As for the wheels as long as you keep to higher offsets you should be fine.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boofster
Lol, ok I didn't mean for this to turn into an Evo bashing thread!
That's my good friend Lee with his super nicely built Evo.
The car is a beast. I don't have the exact numbers but it is gutted and completely race-spec with tube bay, etc. He said it's under 3k lbs but I don't recall the #. I think it will own all after he gets some more practice. The weight, the power, the widebody with giant tires, full aero, all add up to winning. He's also just out the shop so it is being shaken down.

I need a lot of that myself and my S is not as perfectly setup as you may think

It was just nice to have some outside video of my car. Let's just take it for the fun factor
I think he said he was in the 2600 lb range maybe without him in the car. I wish you had your cameras set up when we had our little run at the night sessions, it was a lot of fun!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:45 AM

Haven't seen this posted yet. Enjoyable watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqcnfW8sX2c

I was a bit annoyed she set her coffee on the wing at first.. but then by the next scene I forgot what I was annoyed about. Weird.

Where ever this is located is also one dirty place. Car was still dirty the whole vid, even after the wash. haha
Old 04-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand the narrow angle of spray from a pressure washer at :36.

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk