Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 08-15-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFobb
If I can get this shipped I may get this to replace my front bumper. I don't think the lip is OEM (it says Modulo I think?) but it fits really well. Once I get this I can get my whole front end painted.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d171878381
Modulo is the brand that OEM JDM accessories are sold under. Simillar to the Honda Factory Performance stuff over here.

From looking at the link, that lip is OEM. With the current conversion rate the bumper/lip combo is at $140 right now which is a steal. Shipping is going to be atrocious. Expect to pay between $600 - $1,200 for shipping of a full bumper depending on the options you select.

Off a quick calculation through DHL Express shipping is going to run you around $834 for that bumper.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it helps but these guys have been good to me out in the past: https://www.rhdjapan.com/
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh lawd hell no. I think the time on that listing expired too...I was going to ask a guy who was able to ship items calculated from SF rather than Japan, and arrives in about a week rather than months.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:22 PM

Damn, that just sucks...exactly what I was looking for, within reach.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:17 PM

Oh lawd hell no. I think the time on that listing expired too...I was going to ask a guy who was able to ship items calculated from SF rather than Japan, and arrives in about a week rather than months.
Can you explain what you are saying, I've read it a couple times and I don't think I'm reading it right.

How in the world can a guy ship you a bumper and only charge you from the SF Port to you if it's coming from Japan? That's a pretty incredible hook up, pass me his info I have about a million things I'll order tomorrow if I don't have to pay shipping on them.

What do you mean it expired? There is 6 hours, 43 minutes, and 8 seconds left at the time that I'm posting this.

When you ship though DHL Express it's Airfreight. Hell, when they shipped my bumper and lip to me it was so fast the bumper literally traveled back in time. It left Japan on Friday sometime, and arrived at my house by that same Friday at 8:00am. Shipping was $1,000+ though. >_<
Old 08-16-2015, 05:09 AM

The guy who I purchased my wheels through is stationed in Japan and was able to ship them to me for about $100-$150. His shipping charges calculate from SF and come out so fast because it goes out air freight from Japan to San Fransisco and then regular ground from there. When he sent out my wheels, they got to me within a week I believe. Just a couple days to arrive in SF and then however long it took to go ground from there. That's the only reason I was keeping my eye on Japan auction pages, because I have him able to ship stuff. The only issue is he's not able to send the bigger stuff out, so I wasn't sure if he could with this bumper. He just got back to me earlier tonight and he's in Thailand, so this one fell through...

He actually used to live in AZ too. Comes out every so often. Drives an NSX. I can grab his contact info for you if you want. He's actually gonna be starting up his business soon too. Very reliable, and very communicative.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:31 AM

The guy who I purchased my wheels through is stationed in Japan and was able to ship them to me for about $100-$150. His shipping charges calculate from SF and come out so fast because it goes out air freight from Japan to San Fransisco and then regular ground from there. When he sent out my wheels, they got to me within a week I believe. Just a couple days to arrive in SF and then however long it took to go ground from there. That's the only reason I was keeping my eye on Japan auction pages, because I have him able to ship stuff. The only issue is he's not able to send the bigger stuff out, so I wasn't sure if he could with this bumper. He just got back to me earlier tonight and he's in Thailand, so this one fell through...

He actually used to live in AZ too. Comes out every so often. Drives an NSX. I can grab his contact info for you if you want. He's actually gonna be starting up his business soon too. Very reliable, and very communicative.
Is the guy starting a shipping, auto parts biz? more info

a few years ago, we tried to price stone tile sent here from the Philippines. buying direct from the mine where they did all the cutting and packaging, I thought thought the price would be super low. tried to get everything sent to long beach, thinking that If I can get within 300 miles, I will pay trucking, or go get the stuff myself. it might have worked. but the shipping part was too hard to nail down accurately. (how many times can you ask the same questions?) after a considerable amount of time waiting on emails, getting responses that could mean just about anything, the idea collapsed. the confusion could have been purposeful. like a pact already in place that discourages new business and would make certain shipments super expensive, therefore forcing trade through established vendors.

tell us how you do, I love a story with a happy ending
Old 08-16-2015, 06:41 AM

Yup, he's going to be selling car parts (mostly wheels I believe) from Japan. His mark up plus shipping is still much cheaper than getting some of the stuff stateside.

I was supposed to get my wheels redone there since he had someone who would do a good job to polish the barrels and powder coat the faces, and it was still going to be cheaper than getting them here, but the wheel refinishing guy flaked and didn't follow the time schedule. After he sent sent me the tracking info (about two or so days after I asked him to just send as is and he sent me back to money for refinishing) they were at my door in a week or two.

I was skeptical at first but knew how to deal with PayPal if things went south, but it ended up working out. Wheels were exactly as he described, and he went to lengths to verify their authenticity. One of those times where it sounded too good to be true, but ended up being true anyway.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:13 AM

sounds like a winner! keep us updated
Old 08-16-2015, 11:59 AM

Yup, he's going to be selling car parts (mostly wheels I believe) from Japan. His mark up plus shipping is still much cheaper than getting some of the stuff stateside.

I was supposed to get my wheels redone there since he had someone who would do a good job to polish the barrels and powder coat the faces, and it was still going to be cheaper than getting them here, but the wheel refinishing guy flaked and didn't follow the time schedule. After he sent sent me the tracking info (about two or so days after I asked him to just send as is and he sent me back to money for refinishing) they were at my door in a week or two.

I was skeptical at first but knew how to deal with PayPal if things went south, but it ended up working out. Wheels were exactly as he described, and he went to lengths to verify their authenticity. One of those times where it sounded too good to be true, but ended up being true anyway.
Yeah you can do a lot right now on the cheap with the dollars value being strong against the Yen. You just have to know where to look and figure out how to read/translate a little bit of Japanese.

The biggest hurdle for me right now is shipping. For some of the larger items it's very expensive, however I believe everyone who I have gotten quotes through is air freight. I'm not sure how your guy can work his shipping magic, unless he has a container (which would be awesome). I do know that the two sets of wheels I've bought and had shipped over from Japan I was shocked at how cheap they were. A pair of wheel was $70, and the set was $120. That was for overnight air freight as well.

I'm telling you, DHL Express is where it's at. Those guys have great prices, super fast shipping, and I've never been disappointed with them. If you're buying parts though a vendor and they offer them as a shipper I'd go with them.

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk