Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

If you plan to stay NA, then definitely ITBs every time. It's never a waste, though it should be your final destination after you've done just about everything else.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:54 AM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As soon as I get some time to install the catchers, everyone can either love or hate my BB HT on my GPW! I like both looks but like the two tone a bit more for now. I really like this set up with the red/black wheels. It would be a nice complement to my red/black interior.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

I would have done them last, but I didn't want to buy a bunch of supporting mods only to regret everything after I put the ITB's on. I decided to do them first so that i could get the car running properly and see if this was really something that I wanted to stick with.

In the future I'll be adding more to the car but there isn't really of ton of things to add. We're looking at what, a header and an exhaust? Possibly a new test pipe that is sized appropriately for the new components. That's really it.

I guess one day I could go down the cams, lightweight pulleys, and all the other random odds and ends, but that's a very long way off and there is no guarantee any of that stuff is actually going to work.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 AM
AZH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
I love Feezy's ITB's. They sound great. There is a lot of upfront room left over when you delete the stock intake so getting a cooling plate or painting the brace would take the edge of if you know what I mean but they sound mean.

I'm torn on the matching color hardtops as GPW, Silvertsone, RYP, BB, and NFR look great with matching color hardtops. ABP not so much as I already look like Papa Smurf.

If you really want to go Smurf-style paint your HT GPW - perfect white smurf hat for the ABP CR -
Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
I would have done them last, but I didn't want to buy a bunch of supporting mods only to regret everything after I put the ITB's on. I decided to do them first so that i could get the car running properly and see if this was really something that I wanted to stick with.

In the future I'll be adding more to the car but there isn't really of ton of things to add. We're looking at what, a header and an exhaust? Possibly a new test pipe that is sized appropriately for the new components. That's really it.

I guess one day I could go down the cams, lightweight pulleys, and all the other random odds and ends, but that's a very long way off and there is no guarantee any of that stuff is actually going to work.
Understandable. I meant more that it should be the last steps if you're trying to squeeze every last ounce of power out of your NA. Already having ITBs on another car I know I would like them and may have a setup at some point, I'll just have to see down the road.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm way to poor for this car.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah the hole in the bay kind of bothers me. I want to pick up a strut bar, but I really want the ASM bar. If I get that I need to get the bump steer kit for my steering rack too, but I don't want to spend the money right now. Not only that, but I'd really like a bar that's shaped like that, which also has the mount to put an ETD on it. Maybe even the brake master cylinder brace too. That's a ton of work though and I sincerely doubt I'll ever get something like that built. I'd like a vented hood now too so I can let more of the sound out, but I'm having a hard time deciding on which hood I'd be willing to run... other than the Amuse hood but I don't have that kind of money. I'm way to poor for this car.
Just get a J's Racing or Spoon strut bar in the meantime. For the most part they are for show in any case. I you go with J's you can get the ETD/Strut Bar combo. Then just add a heatshield infront and some braided hoses and nice coordinated clamps. I think dressing the engine bay in your car would be cool.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd spend time on contacting the people that have tuned them and developed parts for them so that you have the best information possible to make the decision on supporting mods. I'd imagine there is definitely the right and wrong header to use with ITBs on a non-cam'd motor. Maybe I'm just a mod nut, but if I was buying parts slowly, I'd think you'd want to decide if you are going cams or not. that may sway the decision one way or another on the header and midpipe.

For my S52 in my M3, I'm stuck on making it reliable for the time being with mods. BUT then I get caught up on theorizing my mod path taking it to the Nth degree of reliability for Track and AutoX and all of a sudden I'm in S54 333hp motor swap money land.. .

It's no fun to have a car that's not running or not running "good enough" most of the time, so that allways factors into my decisions as well. Talked to a couple people to give me a reality check on reliability mods and I think I'm just going to risk not having the badass stuff, so that I can have more fun with the car.. .
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkXT53r9In8
Old 01-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Just get a J's Racing or Spoon strut bar in the meantime. For the most part they are for show in any case. I you go with J's you can get the ETD/Strut Bar combo. Then just add a heatshield infront and some braided hoses and nice coordinated clamps. I think dressing the engine bay in your car would be cool.
I've heard a lot of people make the same statement, but that point in the car (the top of suspension) see a lot of load from different angles. It would seem to me that you could incur some benefit by tying those points in the car together, but I really don't know. Let's be real, my cars usually not going to be driven hard enough to even tell if it does anything or not. I like the shape, design, and coloring of the ASM brace, I just wish that they had an option for an extension to support an ETD. Basically the exact same bar, but with the base plate similar to the one that comes on the J's bar for the ETD. I'd sell so many of those if I could get them made at a reasonable price. Sadly, I doubt that will ever happen.

Cleaning up / 'dressing' up the engine bay is on my list of things to do, but it's going to be baby steps. There are a bunch of other things I want to do first, and when it really comes down to it I would most likely want/need the bay to be painted at some point. That bar missing the paint drives me crazy. I'd like to relocate some things out of the bay, and do a few custom projects as well. It's just going to take time.

Originally Posted by berny2435
I'd spend time on contacting the people that have tuned them and developed parts for them so that you have the best information possible to make the decision on supporting mods. I'd imagine there is definitely the right and wrong header to use with ITBs on a non-cam'd motor. Maybe I'm just a mod nut, but if I was buying parts slowly, I'd think you'd want to decide if you are going cams or not. that may sway the decision one way or another on the header and midpipe.
I've been doing research on these things for years, and I've yet to see a definitive answer on anything. Every single cam has multiple horror stories. Very few cams have any actual dyno testing, and fewer still have a baseline to compare to. Honestly, stroker kits seem to be much more popular than cams for these cars. Our car is the only honda to have a true header from the factory. That's a large reason why we don't see huge gains when it's replaced. It seems like most of the parts give you the option to add some power in the mid-range or the top end. Even then, nobody has baseline dynos. I don't understand how this car is 14 years old now, and you can barely find actual baseline vs. new parts dynos. It boggles my mind.

Originally Posted by berny2435
It's no fun to have a car that's not running or not running "good enough" most of the time, so that allways factors into my decisions as well. Talked to a couple people to give me a reality check on reliability mods and I think I'm just going to risk not having the badass stuff, so that I can have more fun with the car.. .
I totally understand this part. It was very important to maintain the reliability of my car when I was debating the ITBs. That is also part of the reason I just want to stick to bolt-ons. Playing with the internals of the motor scares me and seems unnecessary for my goals. Who know though... maybe someday I'll pick up a second S2000 and then I'll have some more freedom to play with the motor.

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk