Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 11-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1385155948' post='22890332
Wait... cars don't melt in the rain? What kind of trickery is this?
Yours might, I'm sure it's never seen rain.
Actually on the way home from buying this one, somewhere between Kentucky and Illinois I got caught in torrential downpour at 2am with the top down. It was raining so unbelievably bad that I actually hit a wall of water at the edge of the storm and started hydroplaning. The only option I had was to slow way down, but then I wasn't going fast enough to keep water out of the cabin. So, I pulled over and used all the clothing in my bag and everything that I was wearing to dry out the inside of the car. (I had only brought one change of clothing) I spent the next leg of the journey in nothing but my boxers until I had to put something on to get gas. Going through St. Louis with the top down (It had to go back down once I got out of the storm) ass early in the morning before the city was awake wearing only my boxers in the car that I had been hunting for years for is one of the best memories I have.

I wish I could buy another S2000 from across the country every year so that I could road trip it back home.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ now that is awesome!

I'd love to do a night shoot somewhere with the ground wet and the top down.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by Fokker' timestamp='1385160463' post='22890482
[quote name='Feezy' timestamp='1385155948' post='22890332']
Wait... cars don't melt in the rain? What kind of trickery is this?
Yours might, I'm sure it's never seen rain.
Actually on the way home from buying this one, somewhere between Kentucky and Illinois I got caught in torrential downpour at 2am with the top down. It was raining so unbelievably bad that I actually hit a wall of water at the edge of the storm and started hydroplaning. The only option I had was to slow way down, but then I wasn't going fast enough to keep water out of the cabin. So, I pulled over and used all the clothing in my bag and everything that I was wearing to dry out the inside of the car. (I had only brought one change of clothing) I spent the next leg of the journey in nothing but my boxers until I had to put something on to get gas. Going through St. Louis with the top down (It had to go back down once I got out of the storm) ass early in the morning before the city was awake wearing only my boxers in the car that I had been hunting for years for is one of the best memories I have.

I wish I could buy another S2000 from across the country every year so that I could road trip it back home.
[/quote]

Haha, awesome.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

That's a good story Feezy. I wonder who else has a story like that. I know I driven across the country a few times but never in the S. Would love to do that someday if I can find another one to buy.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm, this one is pretty fresh in my memory.

Iowa...trying to outrun the rain/sleet/snow....slowly...no plates/tags stopped breathing every time I passed a LEO. All the good auto transporters are busy in Vegas.

Kansas....turnpike at night only so as to avoid rock chips....less LEOs

Kansas...literally running through WalMart buying blue tape, instant detailer, 5-hour energy, and microfiber (she is in a WALMART parking lot alone-----ahhhhhh! and I cannot park next to the LEO). No traffic=no rock chips, let's go!

Kansas....back roads getting sleepy,,,,,HOLY !@#$ a pack of raccoons so fat they could not run (first time I put the CR suspension under duress). Good thing I was the only car for 50 miles, and there was no median. LEO's look at the car, but don't seem to notice lack of plates.

Kansas....furiously applying blue tape under the entrance to a best western because the rain caught up to me while I slept, and now traffic. LEO actually asks me what it is... does not notice lack of plates. some doosh almost hits the car with a brass bellhop rolling luggage carrier while I was applying the blue tape.

Oklahoma panhandle....Why are the hills black? fire? No, there were so many cows you could not see the earth, starting to get annoyed with the limo tint in anything but bright sunshine.

Texas panhandle....nobody home....what does she feel like at 105...110...............?

New Mexico....so windy, I spilled half a bottle of wiper fluid over the fender because it would not pour straight....had to turn the car around cause the wind almost took the hood off when I released it. 33degrees...precip was 20 hours ago, praying no ice, gingerly, gingerly, don't press it, RE70s are not winter tires.

New Mexico....Off of I-40 finally into some twisties, but now pointed perfectly into the setting sun. Stop and wait, pray that the battery does not quit (she sat for two years) cause NOBODY is out here. Can start to see she is a beauty on turn in and exit, and higher speed "Giant Slalom" turns can feel the aero helping. Steering is so different...

Arizona...printed temp plates finally valid(heartbeat slowing)...familiar territory to US60...don't have to watch out for LEOs anymore, but every gas station entrance is a threat to the bottom of the car

Arizona...almost had an orgasm when I saw "salt river canyon ahead"....

Arizona...actually had one when I crossed the river, and another one coming out of the canyon

Home finally....oops, cannot pull this one into the driveway front first, started to get some ramps, then son says "why don't you back it in?---priceless. Had great dreams that night. Washed her up the next day.

I know how you feel Feezy, and I agree! Everyone should start out their ownership like we did. It's like coming home from a hunt with a buck on your hood, you can't wipe the smile off your face. Job well done, and the ultimate trophy. Sandeep, I too would love to buy a very cheap one in the NE, and take it all the way home....
Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque for days:

Coffee Twalk-9urryxd.jpg
Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 AM

Cool story. Thanks for sharing. Sounded like a memorable trip. Did you driive it alone? Since you mentioned bucks Shaun....

Last winter on the way home from BC I hit 2 bucks in the Infiniti on I-5 and wound up at 3am in the Parking Lot of SAMs Club in Medford, Oregon trying desperately to get the car drivable for the remainder of my trip - another 1000 miles to AZ.

What was beautiful and funny about it was I was taking off broken glass and sheet metal with tools in this parking lot while my wife was giving me stats on how many deer are hit every year in Oregon. If I knew the guys that invented duct tape and bungee cords I would personally thank them for saving the day. So two hours later with one HiD ballast and light hanging in mid air but operational (it was cool looking much like Arnold in the Terminator), half the front end, no driver side quarter panel, and a 1200 pound trailer being towed behind the car we made it home. We didn't let it get us down. We still had a good time on the way home. My wife has a way of taking a bad situation and making me look at it in a funny way. That's what I love about her.

A real testament to the quality of Japanese safety ad engineering though as the EX35 held its own. Now the CR would have been very questionable in that situation at best.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boofster
Torque for days:

GT-Arrrrr: Pirate Edition?
Old 11-23-2013, 06:49 AM

It would cool to have a car like a GTR that you can DD, track, and toe stuff given the TQ available. Hmmm!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winter is coming...so we must have new wheels

CE28RT Black Edition:
Coffee Twalk-q9wnne5.jpg

Volk Racing VR G2 Progressive Model:

TE37 Ultra:
Coffee Twalk-v8yrqx0.jpg
Coffee Twalk-i059dmp.jpg

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk