Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sse2k
So with my newfound interest in track days, I'm looking to pick up a helmet. Checked out saferacer and will try to visit racer's advantage when i'm up in phx next. I've heard mixed advice on getting a closed vs open face. On one hand I hear closed is required in some circuits especially for convertibles, yet I've also heard that open face helmets are suited for street cars, given the srs system and airbags. I'm leaning to just getting a full face, thoughts?
I has debated this as well. Get the full face helmet. You can get a good one for around 300.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI saferacer.com 10% off: 'sm0125xrp'
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes I have the HJC AR-10ii. Comes in white or the rubbertone black which is what I bought as seen below. I bought mine from Rockstar Garage on the forums, he was doing a 25% off sale so I saved something like $85. Hit them up and ask for the same deal.

One thing to note, I never have been a fan of plan white helmets but...the rubbertone black shows smudges, grease/sweat marks, scratches, and chips. Rode with Nik in the Atom and took a good size rock to the head and now have a big white chip on a black helmet. So food for thought on color choice. I think I would order the white now instead of the black for the reasons stated above.

Just make sure you all order a Motorsports grade SA2010 helmet and not a Motorcycle helmet. I did research, and personally used to use a Motorcycle helmet but they are built to different standards. Motorsports are safer and are designed to withstand different kinds of impacts versus motorcycle helmets...as in Motorsports helmets are designed to take the impacts that would occur while driving a car.

What are the key differences between SA and M Rated Helmets:
- SA standard requires flammability test while the M standard does not.
- SA standard has rollbar impact test while M standard does not.
- SA standard allows narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA helmets aren't street legal).
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, this is probably one area that it's good to splurge and get the best possible.

Might be justification for getting a Simpson Bandit with reflective visor.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

^ The most important thing is finding a helmet that fits!! I did take a jump with the HJC having never tried one on before...but it fits me pretty well and is comfortable.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Just to offer up another place to look Amazon has most of these and they seem to be $40-50 less than saferacer and the returns are easier to deal with. Free 2 day shipping on prime.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As many of you know I am in the market for a daily driver again, I currently have a deposit on a 2013 White FRS that is suppose to land in the next few weeks. After talking to my insurance agent today about the requirements for my daily driver it has put the S2000 possibility back on the table.

I am in the market for a CR, the less mods the better & the less miles the better.

White 1st choice
Black 2nd choice
Blue 3rd choice

I have been keeping an eye on the s2ki threads and auto trader for months but if you happen to see or hear anything please let me know.

I will aim to catch godfather in mileage ASAP

Thanks
Nik
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Word is Brown's Classic Auto in Scottsdale has the Corvette C7 in their lobby.

7895 East Acoma Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Not sure if it's possible to get in to check it out.
I may swing by there this weekend.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sse2k
Thanks guys, this is probably one area that it's good to splurge and get the best possible.

Might be justification for getting a Simpson Bandit with reflective visor.
Just don't get white b/c nothing justifies looking like a Stig Poser ;-)
Well. .. unless you've won some National club racing trophies or something

My advice is to get one that fits and one that the visor stays down well enough to Go-cart with.

I have Pyrotect helmet. I don't like the visor. Thinking of getting another one. I have the older version of this one

I picked up an extra helmet from here though for the hell of it. Like $75 shipped for the Texas Tech one that I'll just throw a sticker over it.
http://www.pyrotect.com/home.php?cat=3
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I will probably get a white helmet anyway, because 1) I like clean design and 2) it will stay cooler in direct sunlight.
Thanks for the other tip on karting considerations. I will go to a shop this weekend and try on different styles for fit and field of view.

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk