Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boofster
Originally Posted by berny2435' timestamp='1354027852' post='22174230
I could have swore I saw a Tracy Sports header for Sale on Craigslist for $800 that was mixed in with some other parts and now I C this post for $1400. Who's flippin?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/3388423947.html
Wow, they say this header is the best one out there. TIL(?)
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=4236
I thought J's was good.
It looks like they have their header picture wrong at the top right side on the bulletproof website. It's labeled as the TS-02 but is the Tracy Sports prototype. The TS-02 has short primaries and secondaries. The picture shows long secondaries. The test lineup as the TS-02 as header #4 and pictured in order with short secondaries.

Here's the S2ki thread with interpretation by ???
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/457...s-header-test/

Tested with a crappy HKS hi-power dual which really doesn't improve much over stock. Test should have been done with a 70mm+ single and test pipe
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
J's is likely the best for built motors that flow more CFM b/c of the big diameter piping it uses. If I was buying Hy Tech cams, I'd get the hy tech header. Toda cams, Toda Header. Just makes sense. If you port the Head or add ITBs or boost, J's.

I really can't decide what to buy. I'm thinking about that group buy on the GERN-pipe. follow the hype my lemming brain is telling me lol!

In the spring I'd like to get some power adders bolted up and get a tune with flashpro. I'm tired of this weak mid range. I'm deciding to go power over new wheels. Gonna rock OEM crap wheels for DD and my cheap 17x9 TR motorsports for track until I need to upgrade brakes past OEM. The TRs don't clear crap for caliper upgrades.
Your right about the header being waste unless you are boosted or built. I would really suggest getting a test pipe and flash pro. That pretty much all you need. The exhaust is your choice none really make that huge of a difference. Get a fipk intake test pipe and flash pro and you will see a huge difference in midrange.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

I really dont think we can say that a header is a waste and an exhaust doesnt really matter. After comparing multiple dyno plots of 2008 CR's all tuned by Tony at UMS with different combinations of parts I think all the parts really do matter. Not in the sense that you can say a stock s2000 dynos at 200whp, and intake x gives 5whp, exhaust y gives you 7whp, and header z will give you 7whp. After talking with Tony for awhile and like I said comparing dyno plots each combination of parts will give a very different result. The S2000 is a hard car to make power with, and a hard car to tune to make power. What Tony has found is that each different combination of parts gives a very different outcome. All cars can have the same intake, same diameter test pipe or HFC, and a different exhaust. The results are all very different. Peak numbers may be close, but the curves will be VERY different. So comparing Sean's CR to my CR. Same intake, flashpro, same test pipe, he has SOS TB, and Fast Forward header (in testing this header made zero power on this car), and the TIR full 70mm dual exhaust. Only difference with my car is the exhaust, 70mm to a split 60mm, stock header and stock TB. Tony actually used Sean's maps as a starting point for my car. His car makes 9hp more than my car and I think 1 lb ft less torque. The major difference though is my torque curve is much broader and fatter and I actually make a lot more torque throughout the power band. Sometimes as much as 10lb-ft more. What I found interesting is SOS claims 5hp gain, and the TR1 exhaust claims 4whp more than what my Greddy is claimed to make. Could just be a coincidence but its interesting to me. The exact claimed HP difference in our mods is the exact same difference between our cars peak whp. I then compared Nathans CR. He only has a Berk 70mm TP and flashpro. He made 1 whp less than me, but torque wise was I believe 5-6 lb ft less than me at peak. Peak is not the real story though as for instance at 5500 rpm I was making over 20lb-ft more and my entire torque curve was substantially more. I have compared my plots to a few others and I do have a very broad and fat torque curve compared to most cars.

My point of this long post is that I do believe every part has a major difference and direct relationship to the cars output. Def not peak numbers, and not to the point where you can just add a part and expect to gain x amount of power. The F series engines are unique in that every part really works together and needs to work in harmony for the best performance. Tony has seen quite a few combinations of parts that dont work, and some combos really work. There is no set guide to what will give the best performance, but I think you can pick combinations of parts to give you a certain powerband and curve. If pure HP is what you want, get the biggest flowing exhaust you can, if you want better midrange and torque, look at an exhaust like the Greddy SE. SO I do believe the parts you select will have a huge impact on the curve and power output of your car. If all you care about is peak numbers and not drive ability then sure just bolt on whatever parts you like. I personally love all my midrange. AS seen in my track videos my car just pulls hard from 4200 rpm all the way to redline. I would however like to get a little more top end HP as the car does not feel as strong up top, but to be honest I am hesitant to bolt any other parts on the car because I dont want to change or lose my midrange.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Good read

N/A life is a hard knock life.

I think in an ideal world, an uber shop would have 1 of each part as a demo test drive part (maybe supplied by the manuf?) that can be test mounted on a car and dyno'd. Then we would all be happy instead of staying up all night pondering theory.

-------

My dream shop:

http://www.dezeen.com/2012/11/22/spe...fu-architects/
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 AM

I wasn't saying a header doesn't matter. That was magna. I was pointing in the direction you are with matching mods.

I want mid range and descent sound on highway. Extra 5 HP from 8200 to 8500 makes no diff to me.

I might go hks high power single and a 63.5mm HFC with OEM header to start. The gern-pipe is enticing and id love the mid range he is advertising But the Fab work to make the rear section is a turn off BC of the dollars. I might move to Cali and that mid pipe would have to be altered or I'd have to keep a complete OEM like exhaust around for checks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/RAD-Cycle-Prod...dp/B000PEURIQ/

Couple of these might make for a cheap hardtop hoist, for those lucky enough to have HTs.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Received 193 Likes on 119 Posts

Not that I could afford it, or would even want it, but would be the perfect garage companion to my CR

Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

I love the entire jag lineup. Their new little sports car looks amazing. I am hoping that maybe just maybe they will be reliable.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM

ahh yes, that would be nice next to the CR.

so would a E92 4dr M3
Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL that's the new XFR-S-R-Type-S-V-Spec-R Jag isn't it.

You know Clarkson is going to be all over that next season

Also, the most awesome simulator ever:

http://marketplace.robbreport.com/ex...mulator-555825

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk