Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

California lost a a MEMBER (RIP)

Old 04-07-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would prefer to do something more productive, long lasting and impactful to his legacy, his children.

What about chipping in with some of the money we would have spent to go to California and start a small college fund for the girls (even if it is only a couple hundred dollars interest adds up). To me, showing up from Arizona is nothing more than sending flowers - the memory of the gesture fades quickly.

The challenge is that most of the people who have signed up for the drive so far are not members who knew Travis and probably wouldn't go to California. I don't think cancelling a drive one weekend will make any more people show up to go to California and I know a few of the people who would go already have made other commitments to family already.

I think Wendy would understand if we didn't show up, but instead provided something valuable to the girls future.

Let's start a college fund raiser for his girls. Who will help me make this happen?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:28 AM

One other thing to consider, depending on whether Travis had life insurance and if Wendy has enough to provide for the girls is to fund a life insurance policy on Wendy, in the God awful event something happened to her with her girls as the beneficiaries. If something happened, we would better guarantee that the girls would be able to go to college, pay current bills and live a good life.

The money would accrue, just like a college fund, but would provide an instant benefit if something horrible happened too.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:34 AM

My understanding is that Travis did not have life insurance, aside from the minimum $5000 his job provided. And he left outstanding debt more than that.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:18 PM

I am in where is the account going to be set up?
-Lee
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Walkabt, as always, is as wise as he is fast. The life insurance/college fund idea sounds good and I'd be happy to help do that, although I'm certainly not the brains of this organization! I should have added in my post, but didn't want to make others feel like they should HAVE to contribute, that I had written a check for $100 made out to Wendy. As I understand it, the drive would also raise money by participation and offer further donation opportunities.

BUT, the cancelled drive here in Arizona isn't fair to all either. So many did not get the chance to know Travis, from the southern California club, and have been looking forward to a one day, local drive.

Therefore, if someone more money minded than me can help figure out HOW, I'd be honored to help do the legwork for some sort of fund for the Hunt family. Jordan has graciously offered to be in on this but we must have someone in our club that will step up to help plan this - ?

Anyone wanting to contribute can PM me and I'll get back with more details soon...

Lauren
Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 PM

Terrific Lee and Lauren.

There are actually four of us that are interested in participating so far.

I am going to contact one of my agents to discuss solutions tomorrow and will have some options to present in the next week. I am out most of next week, but will try to figure out a way of getting the information online, maybe through Lee or Lauren.

-Jordan
Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I donated a $200 certificate for the raffle they are having at the drive - but more than happy to chip in some cash for any well thought out program.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by WLAURENT,Apr 7 2006, 11:05 PM
I donated a $200 certificate for the raffle they are having at the drive - but more than happy to chip in some cash for any well thought out program.
MAJOR tight I foot the next bill for you for a local GTG etc.

you rock
Old 04-08-2006, 08:27 AM

i did not know travis (heck, i don't know anyone here) but certainly do know what it's like to lose a family member. if someone were to set up a "fund" i'd be more than happy to contribute what i can.

please keep me posted!

my condolences to his family and friends, it sounds as if travis was a great person!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:17 AM

I didn't know Travis either. They don't let me out too often. However, I do know how tough it is on the family especially the kids. Just let us know how we can help and we will be there.

Quick Reply: California lost a a MEMBER (RIP)