Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Broken Windshield

Old 04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boofster,Apr 3 2007, 02:18 PM
They came out and did my widnshield at my workplace. The kid said he'd done a few S's and was familiar with it which calmed me down a bit. The glass was Honda and had the label on it. Overall they did a decent job but there is plenty of room for improvement. The inside window frame moldings were hacked up from the blade they used to cut out the caulk and some of the dash plastic up front was scratched as well. Who knows what the rest I can't see looks like.

I think we all hold our cars and service to different standards. Maybe a scratch here and there is nothing to some of us but I think you can be more careful. I would do it myself if I went through a quick lesson.

To compare, the default company came out and did my old Integra windshield and I didn't see a single scratch. I don't remember the name of the company but so far K&B doesn't score too well in my book.
Thinking your installer could have used a lesson from mine - not a single scratch on either car.

Your best bet would be to call KB and explain your situation. I am sure they will do whatever it takes to make you happy - and it would serve as a process improvement tool for the kid that did the install.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, I just had K&B replace the windshield in the Element. The kid said he had done a few Elements before but eventually realized he didn't need to remove the cover plate under the wipers. After he did mine (and did nice work) I heard something rolling around. I called, voiced my concerns and he came back out. Turns out one of the clips that hold the cover on came out and was rolling around. I SUSPECT it was because he broke it loose when he shoved the glass in place without removing the cover. At any rate I hope it is a learning experience for him and that he won't take that shortcut again (FYI this maybe saved him 10 minutes, it is literally 2 bolts for the wipers and 4 plastic clips.

All in all, I'd give them a marginal score.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WLAURENT,Apr 3 2007, 02:46 PM
Thinking your installer could have used a lesson from mine - not a single scratch on either car.

Your best bet would be to call KB and explain your situation. I am sure they will do whatever it takes to make you happy - and it would serve as a process improvement tool for the kid that did the install.
It's borderline if I want to deal with that right now but I guess I'll give them a call. The pillar pieces are $40/each x2 so it's not exactly pocket change.