Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Autocross Drivers School December 1st

Old 10-22-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross Drivers School December 1st

Phoenix SCCA region is putting on their Annual Drivers school December 1st, 2012. Sign up by Tuesday November 27th.

Getting this out there for all to know ASAP. Please see link for sign up documents.

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.p...0&#entry135022

quote"
Okay folks, it's that time of year again when we get to take a day to just focus on driving and not "tuning" our cars.

The driver's school is open to all, but has a priority on novices. So if we fill up, a veteran will get bumped to allow a novice a spot if that situation arises.

Each student will have an instructor with them through each of their run groups for good focused one on one instruction. There are two driving sessions, morning and afternoon, and each student will have a different instructor for each of the sessions (two instructors total). Our goal is to get as many runs as possible during the day and we hope to be at about 12 runs for the day +/- 2 runs or so.

Typically the students will drive two runs and then the instructor will drive the student's car one run to demonstrate a variety of things. Many students find the ride along in their own cars very eye opening and helps them pick up time very quickly. Some even find it fun

Lunch will be provided and during the lunch break instructors will be driving their own cars and students will be able to ride along with their instructors.

We have many talented drivers/instructors in our region that are capable of driving all types of cars, so they can work with anyone/any car type.

unquote""

This is a great experience for drivers of all talents. I'm a firm believer that if you own a S2000, you owe it to yourself (and maybe others safety ) to take advantage of learning how the car handles and learning/refining how to drive the car. There is a competition the next day so applying your newly learned skills to put the smack down on your friends will be fun and challenging!

All that is needed to attend is
1.) a car that works and isn't leaking fluids
2.) tires that are not bald unless they are r-compound racing tires and aren't showing coords
3.) your wheel knuckles aren't loose
4.) your steering wheel is attached firmly and steering does not have major play.
5.) gas (fill up with full tank is highly suggested)
6.) prefer student to bring helmet but there are loaners available
7.) closed toe shoes to drive
8.) current drivers license
9.) pre-register with $ obviously

What you don't need
1.)modifications to your car that add power or looks or handling benefits.
2.) awesome race tires - any DOT will do actually
3.)hangover - please don't show up if you had a bender the night before

I will likely be there but maybe not to drive as mentioned novices are given spots over experienced drivers. If you want to request myself as an instructor, I could possibly sign up as an instructor but I'm not sure about that yet.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm down! And I'm requesting you as my instructor! Haha.. Obviously if you choose to, that is. I'd really like to have an instructor that's part of the community and someone I've met. Just kinda met you at the Tech day yesterday, and I appreciated the advice you gave me then. Have been wanting good training for a while. Thank you for posting!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM

I can check into being an instructor. Don't let that sway your mind one way or another though. Sign up as soon as u can to confirm your spot. There r many people that r as qualified or more qualified than I to instruct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 AM

Received 192 Likes on 118 Posts

I am going to look into this. Gotta see what my school schedule is first. So they say anywhere from 10-14 runs most likely. How does that compare with a typical autocross day? Its been about 10 years since I last autocrossed and that was in a Subaru. A little refresher and instruction would be a good thing!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Typically u can get 8 total in phx. competition is max 4 runs in phx typically. Marana u can get 5. Then there are time only fun runs you can pay extra for which is usually 4 runs if there aren't 120+ people sign up for the day.

I hope that makes sense to all. Prices can vary sometimes but the non-member charge is typically 30-35$ and time only runs in phx r $15 and r $10 in Marana. There's a discount for registering online which is highly recomended.

http://www.azsolo.com/events-info/2012-phoenix-schedule

http://www.azbrscca.org/events/calendar.php

Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

It looks like the link to this event on the Phoenix calendar is not live for the December sign up. This sound like a perfect learning opportunity to go to and I definitely want an instructor. This will complement the HPDE 1 class at Firebird this month. I hope my new tires hold up for all of these events, but probably the brake pads will need replacing after this weekend.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
It looks like the link to this event on the Phoenix calendar is not live for the December sign up. This sound like a perfect learning opportunity to go to and I definitely want an instructor. This will complement the HPDE 1 class at Firebird this month. I hope my new tires hold up for all of these events, but probably the brake pads will need replacing after this weekend.
Click on the link in the first post, download the forms and send them in old school style via poney express. There is no online sign up which is likely what u were looking for.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I've downloaded and printed a copy of the registration page, filled out an old-fashioned check (had to locate my paper checkbook) and put a Forever USPS stamp on a paper envelope. I just walked it and two dogs to the local post office to put it in a mail box, and it will get picked up at 11:20 a.m. tomorrow morning.

From there the envelope will be sent to the main post office in Phoenix on Van Buren and about 48th Street for routing. With any luck it will be delivered to the Tucson address within a week.

I thought in this day and age, along with the quote from above, "There's a discount for registering online which is highly recomended.", would have been an option.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM

I think, due to matching finances with registration, for whatever reason, they have chosen NOT to use paypal for payments. Also, paypal charges fees. No fees with checks = more money for a NON-profit club.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 AM

just an update.

I inquired about being an instructor. It has not been confirmed that I will be needed yet due to their current staff not being maxed out yet. The more people that sign up, the more they will need. So in short, I don't know and probably wont for 2-3 weeks at least. I haven't signed up to drive yet either. I may have my g/f sign up and rent a vehicle to thrash!

Quick Reply: Autocross Drivers School December 1st