Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

anyone with koni yellows?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the Koni Yellows/Ground Control combo (Eibach springs 350F/400R) on my car right now. I like the ride of the Konis and it performs very well for both street and track applications. In my opinion, its more like a street setup that can be tracked. I have mine lowered about 1 inch and don't have any problems driving around town. Ryan (l8brakr), Curt (SPLNDID) and myself did the suspension install ourselves and it didn't take too long.

Here are a few tips for anyone looking to get the Konis :

- You will probably need to tap out (clean) the threads on the Koni lower bolt mount holes as the powdercoating could cause the bolts to not thread correctly. I had Cesar do this and it helped a ton during installation.

- You will need to drill out the upper strut bushings for the Koni strut shaft to fit through. Once you've done this, you will need to buy new ones if you intend to go back to OEM. There are 8 upper strut bushings (front and rear) and they run around $200 bucks from Honda. This will probably be the most time consuming part of the installation.

- You will need to cut the bump stops as well since the shock travel now is much smaller and again if you want to go back to OEM, you will need to purchase the stock bump stops. They run about $40 bucks I think from Honda.

- Left Rear corner is a pain to do. Small hands help. Once installed, adjusting is also a pain. What you can do is make a little tool by cutting the insert out of one of the Koni strut adjusting tools and pressing that into a 1/4" drive 3/8" socket using a vise. Using that tool, you'll be able to change settings very quickly.

- You will need to align your car again once installed.

As Ryan mentioned, I am considering going to an all-track only coilover solution so my Koni/GC combination might be going for sale soon. I've had the Konis for about 1.5 years and have about 5000 street miles and about 1500 track miles on the shocks. They're still functioning perfect. I'm also including the drilled out bushings, cut bumpstops and the custom adjusting tool so the new owner does not have to go thru the pain I did! Just bolt up and go. Not sure if you're looking for used shocks SunDevilS2K or the timeframe you're looking to get but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. For what its worth, I'm looking at the Teins Super Racing Dampers as my coilover replacement in the next few months.

Mervin.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:57 AM

ahh thanks for the write up mervin!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebayexpress has billstien PSS9's for under a grand...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:39 PM

really? the best i've seen was 1150 with 50 shipping
Old 02-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I have been looking around for the konis and to buy them new the best prices I have found on here for group buys or on the internet is between $560-$640. Looking on ebay searching s2000 koni, there are two companies selling whole sets buy it now with shipping for about $500. I know it is ebay, but even other companies selling konis on ebay are selling for around $600 which is a big difference. I dont buy many things off ebay and am curious if this is legit? or if anyone knows of a cheaper place? GB for koni+GC is 960 shipped right now and I am getting closer to making a decision and would love to save some money...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Koni-Sport-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks legit - lots of sales and good feedback. Of course they could be Chinese knock-offs too. Pay with paypal and you will have an option if they are not what you expected.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM

Ya thats what I was concerned about..thanks for your input! (by the way, I'm still in love with the sub box you made for me!)

Anyone else with thoughts I really appreciate it!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:05 AM

I've gotten SO PARANOID about buying high-ticket items on eBay anymore. When I was in Shanghai, I COULD NOT BELIEVE what you could buy there. I think the only thing they haven't knocked off yet are people, but eventually there will be leaks at ImClone on the human genome process and suddenly...*POOF* You will be able to buy Ricardo Montelban in the markets... $20 or 4 for $75.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:14 AM

I don't buy anything new off ebay anymore without first confirming through the manufacturer that they're an authorized retailer. Too many people have gotten burned and ebay just shrugs, buyer beware.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting story - I had a friend ask me about an old MG listing on ebay and I told him it was probably fake. The only solution was to use a reliable well known escrow company to handle the funds.

The seller sent him 3 different escrow companies he would be willing to use. He checked their websites and decided on one of them. After setting up the account and sending the money he forwarded me the links to the 3 escrow companies telling me which one he used. Without even looking at the links I asked why he used those instead of the ones I recommended - like www.escrowassociates.com or escrow.com. He stated he used those because there were three options from the seller and he thought they all looked legit.

I checked them all out - all were unique and nicely formatted websites with customer testomonials, etc.. A quick whois check on them showed all were less than 60 days old and all were registered within 2 weeks of each other. Further checking showed they were all registered by similar IP address' originating in Germany.

So $6500 down the drain - the ebay user disappeared immediately and within 24 hours the websites were gone. Ebay's investigation showed the registry IP's for the escrow company sites were spoofed, as was all info for the ebay users account which used a stolen CC number and info for a guy in Wisconson. The guy even registered a VOIP phone account using a Wisconson area code but it looks like the IP taking the calls was actually in Romania. My firend called him 2 or 3 times getting info on the car and stated there was no accent. Apparently 4 people bought cars from the same person using 4 ebay accounts and they think another 7 accounts and listings were by the same person but nothing sold on those. All of the ebay accounts had 10 or so positive feedbacks - not so interestingly they all purchased low $$$ items from each other.

Probably took the person a couple of days to set it all up. $20 worth of domain name registrations, 10 or 12 stolen CC accounts (whatever those cost), 10 oor 12 VOIP phone accounts with area codes matching the locations of the stolen CC numbers (~ $200 - but free since they were purchased with the stolen cards). In all they hit on 4 out of 10 or 12 listings for about $20k

Now this is different from buying knock-off performance parts, but it shows the depths people will go to rip someone off. I have purchased larger ticket items on ebay and have had pretty good experiences. Just make sure you check them out well before you buy.

Quick Reply: anyone with koni yellows?