Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

4/17 drive with the NSX club.

Old 04-15-2004, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

The NSX club is doing a drive this weekend. I'm going....as I can't make the 4/24.

Tuscon is the destination and the desert museum/ biosphere. I have never been. Some of you have......october/november?

If you are interested in going please post here and I'll get some details.

Regards,
-Lee
Old 04-15-2004, 08:55 AM

get me some details, bro. i might be able to make it, all depending on when. i got a PM about it also. it would be nice to see how my S holds up against an NSX.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 AM

details please
Old 04-15-2004, 11:47 AM

Here's details:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=30204
Old 04-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Hi all, I was disappointed that Kartchner Caverns got canceled, so I am really looking forward to this one. However, I've been really busy and am still planning the details (damn work! ), but here's the gist of it:

We will meet in the east valley for breakfast(optional), then drive to Biosphere and meet up with the Tucson folks for a tour followed by lunch. Afterwards we will take a scenic drive through Gates Pass to Desert Museum, and stay in Tucson for a group dinner.

Biosphere tour - $19.95/person
Desert Museum - $12/person (we can get a group rate of $9 if there are more than 10 people)

Any interested Tucson folks should check the thread on Prime for the meeting place and time, as TucAZNSX will be posting something about it.

BTW, which is a better way to get to Pinal Hwy - Hunt Hwy or the 60?
Old 04-15-2004, 01:03 PM

Okay, here are more details:

Meeting point for Phoenix area participants:
Saturday 4/17 8:00am, International House of Pancakes
(SW corner of Power Rd and Baseline, south of US60)
click here for a map.

Depart: Start off towards Biosphere around 9:30AM. Please be at the meeting point by that time if you're not planning to do breakfast. I will probably be late to breakfast myself, as I am coming all the way from the northwest valley. I believe the restaurant may be very busy, so it might be easier to eat in small groups rather than waiting for everyone to show up.

Now, the drive route. This is for the Biosphere leg only, I am relying on the Tucson natives to guide us for the rest of the journey. We have two options that I've come up with so far. since I'm not familiar with the east valley, please tell me which one you guys prefer:

Option #1 through US-60
Option #2 through Hunt Hwy

Biosphere tour = $19/person
Desert museum = $12/person (or $9/person if we get the group rate)

TucAZNSX will post the meeting details for the Tucson people on the NSX Prime thread.

Don't forget to check your tires, and bring your camera/FRS radios/Valentines/etc. Please get gas beforehand if you need it.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting some new faces!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:57 PM

I would probably opt for Hunt highway because there a few good curves towards the end before you get to Florence. I think the US60 route would be a bit faster but a little straighter.

I am considering running down to bioshpere but I will pretty much have to turn around and comeback to meet with my family.

Just out of curiosity, are the NSX drivers pretty fast or more of a fun sub 100mph tour through the backwoods?
Old 04-15-2004, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by douge Just out of curiosity, are the NSX drivers pretty fast or more of a fun sub 100mph tour through the backwoods?
It varies, some people like to go fast in spurts and others are more conservative. I prefer to let the others flush out the cops myself, but YMMV.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:50 PM

I like to bust ass, but usually reserve my complete disregard for the law when I am alone both in the car and on the road.

I did some drives with the Vette guys and they were a bit to rambunctious at times.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:38 PM

Bad ju ju to talk about that here.......We all drive the speed limit at all times.
-Lee

Quick Reply: 4/17 drive with the NSX club.