Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

1080P DLP Shopping?

Old 07-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]This is a thread I created where we can discuss the new Sony S2000 LCD TVs. Intending to replace the A10-series, the new S2000-series comes in four different sizes to satisfy every consumer's needs: 26", 32", 40", and 46" with models KDL-26S2000, KDL-32S2000, KDL-40S2000, and KDL-46S2000 respectively.

The new S-series includes an integrated (built-in) ATSC digital tuner and 1,366 x 768 LCD screen resolution. It comes with Sony's new digital processor chip to reduce "block noise" around letters, such as on-screen graphics and subtitles and enhances contrast, therefore, producing crisp and vivid images. The chip also automatically adjusts greens and blues for truer and brighter colors.

The new S-series incorporates Sony's panel made by S-LCD, which provides wider viewing angles, a faster response time, and a high contrast ratio (1000:1). The S2000 sets also offer flexible connectivity with one HDMI input, two component video inputs, three composite video inputs, and one PC input. Finally, the S2000 sets include a space-saving bottom speaker design, two 10-watt speakers with SRS Tru Surround XT
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=AZDavid,Jul 24 2006, 03:58 PM] I wish that TV had speakers for the same price.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster,Jul 24 2006, 05:07 PM
I doubt you want the speakers that come on any TV. That's like getting a Ferrari and putting on Raybestos brake pads. I am sure anyone who gets an HDTV is at least going to plug in some kind of 5.1. The 8UK series is just like a stripped down version of a race car (a la EVO RS). They took out all the extra weight you don't really want anyway and tweaked the engine for a bit extra kick
Oh, I know the speakers on any television suck. This TV isn't for me but for a family member. The TV will be hung on the wall for a very clean look. Meaning the speakers on the TV will have to be sufficient.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Under further review I just noticed DVDA was thrown around several times on this thread with not one innapropriate comment. What the hell has this group come to?

I've read very little on HD-DVD and a just a little more than that on Blu-Ray. The one thing that stuck with me is the ability (advertised bonus?) that discs can only work with the first player they are played in. The thought of no rentals, no borrowing movies from friends is kind of a punch in the crotch. Especially the somewhat substantiated rumor that the PS3 is going to have that going for it. I'm happy with DVD's for now, give it a few years. It's not like jumping on one or the other early is going to get you something in the future if that one becomes the victor. Just because you championed HD-DVD from the get go doesn't mean when it takes over the world you become a lord of your own little part of Casa Grand. But, if it tanks, you get to be the guy all your friends laugh at.

So kind of a win win for the rest of us.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 PM

??? Keep reading Jeff.

NetFlix offers both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray rentals...HD-DVD since April, Blu-Ray since June 18.

Enjoy the technology when you choose to enjoy it, you don't need to wait for a "winner." Heck, I should never have bought a laserdisc player if that were the case, it was a losing technology from the start, but it was GREAT in its day and I enjoyed it then. You could argue that you shouldn't mod your S2000 at all because it doesn't provide a comparable value to the sales price of the vehicle, but you enjoy it right? That's why people modify their vehicles because they enjoy it. Those who buy HD-DVD do enjoy it now, Blu-RRY that's a different question. The Samsung is plagued with problems, the Panasonic is still a month out, Pioneer wants $1500 for their unit and Sony, the company that pushed it, can't get a player to market.

It's a win for those who buy now because they enjoy it now. What's $500 in the grand scheme of things to some for an HD-DVD player if you enjoy it, especially since it is proving to be the better format right now. Even if Blu-Ray takes over, who cares, it is just like my laser disc player. I watch the movies I want to on it. I still enjoy it, even though it is dated.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:03 PM

Wow, I repeated my thoughts a lot and babbled, must be a Monday...
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 AM

/points at Jordan

You own(ed) a laserdisk.

That's all.

Not really sure the modding the car analogy is spot on, seems like it would fit if I was advocating banning the sale of disc cleaners or other accessories.

Better analogy: You shouldn't buy one of the new alternative fuel vehicles that go 400 mph and 100 mpg because there's two types. One is somewhat glitchy, the other has more glitches. One of them will probably make it, the other one probably won't. There's a decent chance neither one will make it and something else will take over. Support will fade away for whatever doesn't make it. All of these vehicles are vastly over priced right now. Its somewhat uncommon to find the right kinds of fuel. In a few years, all of this should sort itself out. Glitches will be fixed, prices will come down, stability will come to the system. Why should you buy one of these tempermental machines now?

What do you got Jordan? Gonna pile some rocks behind my tire?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Doc

Originally Posted by AZDelt,Jul 25 2006, 08:33 AM
Gonna pile some rocks behind my tire?
HAHAHA!!!

JJ
Old 07-25-2006, 04:18 PM

I just read the thread that I posted earlier this month and will keep this on topic:

A person buys a product when the person's believes it is valuable to them - either in function or form. That's why the Prius sells. That's why HD-DVD and Blu-Ray sell and that's why most consumer products sell. Most don't offer more value over another product.

I did see a Prius badged up with "We are only here for a short time, let our children and grandchildren enjoy the Earth. TREAD LIGHTLY!!!!" It was at the Chandler Fashion Square mall in the Sombreros drive through....so 1) they should have saved even more gas and got out of the car to get their food 2) don't make me plaster your vehicle with some kind of crap like that the next time we meet
Old 07-25-2006, 10:06 PM

Jordan, I COMPLETELY understand why consumers buy a product. I was just bringing up the point to wait things out because someone brought out the beta-max comparison. When new technologies develop, pretty much every day lately, and you have two direct competitors that are similar but still different, very often one wins and the other fades into obscurity or noteriety. All I was saying if you want to avoid that, hold off. Or hedge your bet and swing both ways (that one was for you Lee).

Or place your bet that they'll both hold out okay. Look at PC's and Mac's. At each other throats for years, yet both still alive and kicking.

Or look at the Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo/Turbo Graphix 16. Or the Jaguar. Or the 3DO. Am I guaranteeing anything? Shit no. Personally DVD's are still good enough to trip my trigger. Do I represent every possible consumer everywhere? More than likely no.

Quick Reply: 1080P DLP Shopping?