Mark this thread as Sold

Trades or Selling Complete 4.77 geared Diff

Old 01-31-2008 | 07:56 PM

Whats the top speed with these gears? What rpm are you at cruising at 65mph? Thanks
Old 01-31-2008 | 08:53 PM

hey just wondering if you would ship this internationally?
Old 02-01-2008 | 05:13 AM

This may be a dumb question, but why are you getting rid of it? only curious..

I'm a serious inquirer...

Please let me know! I would like to take this off your hands!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008 | 05:44 AM

Dylan Hunt

Top speed on an ap1 was 144-145 at 9k on 6th gear.

Here is what I calculated personally when I had the gears on the car since I knew it might be a question one might ask..

50mph 3200rpm
60mph 3700rpm
70mph 4200rpm
80mph 4900rpm

NA-088

I dont mind shipping internationally but I'm not sure the additional cost which will be associated with it. I found out that to ship to canada, it was an additional 40-50 dollars. So Internationally, if you give me your shipping information, I can see what the cost will be to get an idea.

tylorweaver

Gears are great for city driving and some highway, but with my new position, I'm traveling 40-50 miles a day highway.

The good about the gears is that it keeps you from speeding since it seems as your going faster on the highway due to the engine noise. If you cruise normally at 60-70, you wont have a problem. I'm normally at 80-90 mph on the highway so it was a bit inconvenient.

That was the only reason, city mph did not decrease and I feel increased since you can hit 6th easier. Highway mpg did decrease by about 2-4 mpg depending on how you drive.

The gears are not on the car anymore, but if someone needs a video of me spinning the differential by hand to show that there is no odd noise or grinding, I will be happy to do so.

But again these gears/diff are in great condition and local members which have been in my car can vouch for me.

Any more questions please feel free to ask..

Thanks again all for viewing.
Old 02-01-2008 | 07:19 AM

^Hey there, thanks for the quick reply! I understand now why you would like to get rid of the 4.77... I see that your loss, would definately be my treasure, because, I only have a 5mile commute back and forth from the office each day... and I definately have a problem speeding... not to mention, the 4.77 gearset has always been on my mind since month one, that I've had my car... (over2years.. lol)

Let me find out what I can do here on my end, and I will get back in touch with you, can you PM me your contact information? I would like to shoot you a call sometime this weekend... Since, I'm located in Atlanta, more than likely, I would just like to have you ship it out to me.. Although, the ride down to So. Fla, would be great.. I need a vacation.. haha

Could you also tell me, if you can, what hardware/parts would I need to bolt this right into my rear-end right now...? Sorry for the noob question, but I have never touched my diff, rather than changing out the fluid...

I'd appreciate your help.. Like I have said previously, I am seriously inquiring about this sale... Definately, almost going to end up buying it from you..

Thanks!

best regards,
Tylor W.
Old 02-03-2008 | 03:56 PM

bumpsterrrr.r.
Old 02-03-2008 | 06:54 PM

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer to see if Honda Corp. will honor my warranty regarding my diff... lol

I will know definitely by Wednesday or sooner..

Thanks man, looking forward to just driving my damn car again. LOL
Old 02-04-2008 | 05:52 AM

Not a problem, just let me know..Good Luck with Honda Corp and your warranty claim.. They can be a real Pain in the A$$..
Old 02-04-2008 | 06:22 AM

Yea, but I've got everything supporting my claim.. ****ers..

it started making noise 10k mi before my 60k was up... brought it to my dealer PRIMARILY for that reason, and they kept it for a day and said it wasn't anything... and that i was probably hearing "road noise".... i said, whatever... drove it another 9k mi, and brought it in around 59,xxx miles... same reason... this time, they kept it for 2days... returned it back to me, and said the same thing... meanewhile, both times it was noted that I brought it in, distinctly for that reason only, and that they had checked it, and found nothing..

So, after both times of them telling me that its probably just 'road noise'... i continued to drive my S back and forth daily to work, under their concluding thoughts on my differential... Well, for another 6k miles (just a couple months believe it or not.. lmao).... 6,000 past my warranty... just this last week, i was on my way to church, and the noise went from the clicking/ticking coming from my rear end, to an immeadiate "THUDDDDD, CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK" then my rear end locked up almost immeadiately thereafter bringing my car to a dead-hault. I then proceeded to flatbed my car to the dealer literally within the same hour... they came back saying after 4days of having it, that they (the dealer) will not honor my past warranty due to overmileage.... so i told them I'd like to dispute that and take my claim to Honda.......

Sooooo.. now, since after Thursday this last week, i've been waiting to hear back from Honda Corp. on my claim...

bullshit... i do ALL the right things, by bringing my car in at the FIRST signs of any problems.. and they return it back to me, saying its just fine...... and then ultimately, out of nowhere, my rear end completely detonates... hmm, when? after it's out of warranty..

They best honor my warranty, otherwise I'll have to handle this matter through a different power.

Yea, either way, I'm interested as hell in your diff man... hahaha.. I think I just might buy it from you, whether or not the outcome of my Warranty Claim is in my favor! lol

Thanks again for your patience.. haha, i really appreciate it bro!

-Tylor

Old 02-04-2008 | 06:28 AM

They will always find a way to blame you and if your out of warranty, might be tough. Good thing you have all the paperwork to back up your initial concern with the diff making noise and them just saying its ok.

Did they ever change out the fluid. Ive heard some of the other s2ki members have had issues with honda putting in the wrong fluid for the diff causing it to fail.

But at least with the info you have, if they do deny you, you can take some legal action since you have all the Evidence I would think you would need for them to Pay Up...

Quick Reply: Trades or Selling Complete 4.77 geared Diff