Mark this thread as Sold

TONS of high-end audio equipment for sale!! Cheap!

Old 02-23-2004 | 06:02 PM

Fellow S2Ki'ers,

Here's the deal - one of the guys with whom I work is trading up nearly his entire home theater/stereo system to get "the new stuff." Since he's old , and doesn't have a computer, he has asked me to sell it for him (don't worry, my end of the deal is pretty sweet! ). All of the equipment is now in my posession, and I can vouch for it all. FYI, for those who don't know, I work for a high-end audio retailer for a living, and all this stuff is in fantastic (near mint) condition. I thought I'd post it here before giving people a chance on eBay. I welcome all questions - please don't hesitiate to ask! PM me if you would like to see pictures of any of this equipment, I can e-mail them directly to you.

The deal:

- all items are in absolute pristine condition, and include all factory accessories - unless otherwise noted
- the BUYER is responsible for all shipping charges
- I will only accept cashier's check, Money order, or Paypal (if using paypal, add 3% to the total)

The Stuff!!

- The Thiels offered here previously are being sold on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:LC:US:1

- (1) pair of Paradigm Studio 100 ver. II reference floorstanding speakers in cherry finish. These are BIG dogs, and look and sound incredible! Named to Stereophile's "best of..." list for the last 3 years! - $1200 ($2500 new!)

- (1) Boston Acoustics VRM-C reference center channel speaker in beautiful apple-cherry finish. This was being used as the center channel speaker in the system, and blends very well with the Paradigms. This speaker is only 3 months old, and is in immaculate condition. It is the best center channel speaker Boston Acoustics makes, and you can readily tell!! - $450 ($600 new)

- ADCOM #1 is now being sold on eBay.

- ADCOM #2 is also being sold on eBay.

- (1) ADCOM GFP-750 reference stereo preamplifier. It was hard for him to part with this one. This is currently hailed as one of the finest stereo preamplifiers available. It contains absolutely NO digital intervention, and can even be placed into passive mode to further eliminate interference. One of the best sounding, best made preamps ever. The finest stereo preamp ADCOM has ever made! - $800 ($1400 new!)

- (1) Yamaha AX-596 integrated stereo amplifier. This is like a stereo receiver, except without a radio. The radio portion is provided by a separate tuner - the TX-492. I am selling both pieces together as a pair. These are a great alternative to the more costly stereo separates out there, and they sound phenomenal as well. Great for any small to medium sized room with similarly sized speakers. The pair will be sold together for $200 ($700 new for the pair!)

I think that's everything! Like I said above, this is REAL good stuff REAL cheap. My coworker just wants to sell the stuff so he can buy new equipment, he's not real concerned with getting top market value. This equipment will be placed on eBay very shortly, so if you see something you like, act on it now!

UPDATE!
Since I'll be placing this stuff on eBay later today (2/24), I'll let everyone know that if the price on eBay goes above what I have listed here, the item will be taken off this post. I'm giving everyone here first crack at the equipment for cheap before I let eBay set the price. Good luck!

www.bostonacoustics.com
www.paradigm.com
www.thielaudio.com
www.adcom.com
www.yamaha.com/yec

Regards,

Clayman
Old 02-23-2004 | 06:51 PM
Member (Premium)

good price on the Thiel .5's
Old 02-23-2004 | 06:56 PM

Then buy 'em!
Old 02-23-2004 | 07:00 PM
Member (Premium)

bah.. i would, had I not ordered a pair from Odyssey Audio 3 weeks ago.. trying to get my roommate to get them though
Old 02-24-2004 | 06:40 PM

Puh ... Wish there was a nice powered sub in the list...

Good luck on the sellin'