Mark this thread as Sold

TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!

Old 11-04-2015 | 06:35 AM

Default TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!

First Name: Riley
Price: $2000 , Firm as fake titties. That means very firm.
Contact: 865-591-0462 - text is preferred, my phone is usually on silent with work and school. PM works as it goes to my email, but isn't checked near as quick.
Pick up/ shipping: obviously this would need to be shipped on a pallet, and honestly I don't know how to do frieght shipping. I am WILLING to ship it if a buyer arranges all of that.

I apologize for the one photo, the motor is on an engine stand at the shop, and I haven't picked it up. I can whenever needed, so I just don't have any other pictures.

Here's the full description, and I'm trying to be as detailed as possible.

Fully built F20C shortblock. I was told 43k on the motor before it was taken apart. 0 miles on current build.

This shortblock is currently fully assembled, Minus the oil pan not sealed and bolted on.

The shortblock was assembled by JT at Knox Performance and Dyno (also called LNS Performance) here in Knoxville. He is easily one of the best engine builders in the area, and anything negative said about this shop does not reflect him. (Evidently the rest of the staff aren't huge fans of customer service, but I've never dealt with them much.) (Most of the Knoxville shops tend to suck). He started assembling this for me at Addicted Performance in Maryville TN, but left to return to Knox Performance, and I had this job transferred along with him, as I knew it would be done better than their remaining staff.

• Darton dry / flanged sleeved block – this is where the only issue is. So I will address it first. It has been decked 0.024”. Service limit is 0.008” I believe. Timing cover is decked matching. The height needs to be re-compensated with with a thicker head gasket. 0.054” instead of the factory 0.030”. This was not done by me, my shop, my builder, etc. I bought the motor disassembled and this was discovered later. No proof to show what shop did it, = my problem.
• This is determined because the Pistons usually come 0.040” out of the block, they are currently 0.064” up out of the block. Alright now, moving on!
• 10:1 compression CP pistons – 87mm bore. Never run.
• BC H-Beam Sportsman Rods – never run- I believe they use ARP 2000 bolts.
• ACL race bearings – mains / rod – std size – never run
• Full lower end gasket set
• New oem main bolts
• Oil banjo bolts are after the –’02 fix
• Includes decent amount of accessories including;
• Water pump, & thermo
• Motor mount brackets – not mounts themselves
• Full timing set up – guides, chain, etc. OEM TCT (not run by me so don't know how good it is.)
• Any lower half sensors I can include, I will. I have to reuse sensors for myself, but I do have spares of most things.
• Oil pan is included, it is currently not sealed on.
• ARP head studs in the picture are NOT included.
Attached Thumbnails TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-image.jpg  
Old 11-05-2015 | 01:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump cause I known JT for years. He does great work.
Old 11-09-2015 | 10:43 AM

BUMP! I would really like to try to move this thing to start a new build!
Old 11-12-2015 | 07:10 AM

TEMPORARY CRACKHEAD PRICE DROP TO $1,800 UNTIL I CHANGE IT BACK!!!! MORE PICS ADDED!!!
Attached Thumbnails TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0329.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0330.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0331.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0332.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0333.jpg  

TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0334.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0373.jpg   TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!-img_0374.jpg  
Old 11-16-2015 | 06:02 AM

Either there's some reason I'm unaware of why no one has even commented, or I actually just can't even give this thing away.
Old 11-18-2015 | 06:07 AM

ALL RIGHT. I've decided I don't think anyone is willing to take this risk with this head gasket height difference. So I'm changing the price to $1,500 or best offer. That's essentially the price of the full rotating assembly. And leaves the money to sleeve another shit block if you have issues. Depending on where the price goes, I may keep some little things, like the oil pump. I think this is a more fair point.
Old 11-19-2015 | 09:31 AM

NEW THREAD CREATED IN CLASSIFIEDS - WILL START TO PART MOTOR OUT UPON FIRST PURCHASE
Old 11-20-2015 | 07:27 PM
10 Year Member

Do you have blueprinted specs?
Old 11-22-2015 | 11:28 AM

No, I do not, however, I can get the clearance specs from the builder if you'd like.
Old 04-17-2016 | 09:58 AM

How much for the oil pan shipped to 98042?

Quick Reply: TN - BUILT Shortblock ! NOW FOR PART OUT TOO!