Mark this thread as Sold

SOLD: APR rear diffuser - SOLD $275

Old 08-16-2011 | 03:30 PM

Default SOLD: APR rear diffuser - SOLD $275

SOLD for 275

I'm selling my carbon fiber APR rear diffuser. It is meant for an AP1 s2000, and has been modified (ie cut) to fit the stock AP1 exhaust on a significantly lowered car. The diffuser is in below average shape, truth be told - but most of the places where the diffuser is cosmetically damaged are on the forward portion of the piece, and are not visible when mounted.

This might sound like an overly pessimistic description of the part, but I just want to fully disclose the major flaws.

The rear portion of the diffuser which is visible is still in decent shape. There is a crack at the drivers side corner, which is not so noticeable. The outer fins both have scratches from the car scraping on steep driveways, but are barely visible and are at the lowest portion of the fins. They've been 'filled' in with a bit of black paint to lessen their appearance. The center fins do not have scratches. The two rear mounting points are in great shape.

The forward portion of the diffuser has not been so lucky here on Pittsburgh roads. After bottoming out one night, the forward two mounting points got punched out, and the diffuser dragged on the ground until I could safely pull over. By then it was too late, and the thing got scratched to hell. No one ever sees this portion of the diffuser, but it is still there. This portion of the diffuser has also been cut to tuck into the undercarriage of the car better (which was done after the major incident to prevent future problems). This will significantly decrease your chances of knocking it off the car. The diffuser has also been cut along its sides to be compatible with an OEM exhaust.

You will need to purchase a new mounting kit directly from APR for $15 (at least, thats what it was when I had to do the same when I bought it from the previous owner). You may need to pick up a few larger washers at your local hardware store for an extra buck to compensate for the punched out forward mounting holes.

The diffuser still looks great, but has seen a bit of wear and tear over the years. This is far from a perfect piece, but then again the price accounts for the condition and you can pick up a nice aero part for a fraction of the original price.

Asking $275, shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

Pics on the car (a few months ago):

Pics today, dismounted, and ready to ship!

Typical viewing angle (EF sold separately) The white reflection makes it look matte finish, but it is glossy and reflective.

For more photos, I've created a webshots album, here: Webshots album
Old 08-16-2011 | 03:55 PM

Do you know if this will fit an ap2 bumper?
Old 08-16-2011 | 03:56 PM

I don't think so - they offer two different models, so I couldn't say for sure, but I think not.
Old 08-16-2011 | 03:59 PM

Ok thanks man. Ill look into it.
Old 08-16-2011 | 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by SkateForGirl
Do you know if this will fit an ap2 bumper?
I'm running the same diffuser for my AP2 and it looks the same.
Old 08-16-2011 | 08:12 PM

wow, pm sent sir!
Old 08-17-2011 | 09:32 AM

Bump!

Got the PM - replied!
Old 08-17-2011 | 09:36 PM

Sup brotha, remember when I inquired about your diffuser a year back? is it still for sale?
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jphoa
Sup brotha, remember when I inquired about your diffuser a year back? is it still for sale?
Ha, I had totally forgotten - but now I do remember. It is, in fact, for sale! PM sent.

EDIT: tried PM'ing you, but your inbox is full. Just wanted to give you my paypal address.

Bill
Old 08-18-2011 | 12:28 PM

Bump

Quick Reply: SOLD: APR rear diffuser - SOLD $275