Mark this thread as Sold

minty fresh GOLD volks

Old 02-26-2008 | 02:52 PM

my text messages via phone:
Me (10:30 am): Jack its john from houston.could u give me a call.thx

Jack Holland (11:28 am): Bro im in a meeting... Give me an hour.. Whats up?

Me (11:48 am): Cool. U sold me some bunk rims man. Major rashes.

Jack Holland (11:52 am): Um no.. Those are in good shape.. There used.. No 'rashes' at all.. Just marks from an impact gun..

Me (11:53 am): No. The lip of 3 of them are from curbs. I posted online sir

Me (11:54 am): U posted no curbs, clean lips

Jack Holland (11:56 am): Lol. Post online all u want

Jack Holland (11:57 am): If u want new u shoulda paid more and bought new.. Those are in good shape

Me (11:58 am): u posted clean rims w no flaws on the lip. If I knew they were curbed I would have never bought them

Jack Holland (12:13 pm): If u said one bad thing about me on the forums i certainly will not help u out.. So decide now what ur intentions are before i check

Me (12:16 pm): Ttust me, I didn't say anything bad. I'm not like that. I only posted photos

Jack Holland (1:18 pm): Cool.. Read what i said.. I guess we will see what people think as that was your obvious intention on posting before talking to me

Me (1:25 pm): My apologies for psoting first but I called many times and being screwed before, only negative thoughts came through. Nothing personal

Jack Holland (3:10 pm): I cant sit by my computer all day and respond to every post. Im willing to comprimise as i understand. What can i do to make u

Me (3:17 pm): Whatever is easier for you, send them back and refund or just pay for the repair and sticker replacement. I appreciate the help.

Jack Holland (3:20 pm): Find out what it will cost
Jack Holland (3:22 pm): Replace what stickers? Why would they need replaced? U talking about refinishing the entire wheel?

Me (3:25 pm): they said in order to fix the wheel and paint match, they would need to paint the whole wheel.

Jack Holland (3:26 pm): Thatz insane..

Jack Holland (3:28 pm): Ill pay to have the damaged areas buffed out and painted

Jack Holland (3:31 pm): Or we can sell them again on that thread and i can recoop u the difference. That money is reinvested in fenders..

Me (3:33 pm): I understand. I sell things and buy other stuff too so that's why I was cool in having it repaired assuming u spent the money on other things

Me (3:38 pm): Its the only way to do it correctly.i called 2 shops and they only do it that way . If that's not cool then maybe its best for a full refund n u can sell them

Jack Holland (3:45 pm): I simply dont have the money to give u a full refund.. I wish i did.. Like i said.. We can resell them and i can make up the difference

Jack Holland (3:46 pm): Im sure they can be touched up to look near perfect.. Still used however

Me (3:38 pm): Its the only way to do it correctly.i called 2 shops and they only do it that way . If that's not cool then maybe its best for a full refund n u can sell them

Jack Holland (3:45 pm): I simply dont have the money to give u a full refund.. I wish i did.. Like i said.. We can resell them and i can make up the difference

Jack Holland (3:46 pm): Im sure they can be touched up to look near perfect.. Still used however

Me (3:47 pm): I don't think ull be able to resell and be better off honestly. It would be cheaper for u to pay to have them fixed honestly.

Me (3:47 pm): Honestly I'm trying to help u out bc I understand selling to rebuy, spending the money then issues that may come up

Jack Holland (3:51 pm): Plenty of people would pay less and have two minor nicks.. Not everyone thinks the same.. Im helping u since u basically want new wheels

Me (3:54 pm): I don't want new wheels, I just want what u stated. Ill pay for the stickers . It's 430 to fix all 3 and paint to match the 4th

Jack Holland (4:09 pm): Let me do some chekn..

Jack Holland (4:18 pm): Heres what ill do.. I can get stickers to ya.. And ill give u 200 bux.. Thats fair and should help with the descrepancy.. Either way u are saving over new

Me (4:21 pm): But even w 200 that is still far from new. N my car is at the vinyl shop getting wrapped n he read the thread n felt bad and offered me stickers.i just need

Me (4:21 pm): Them fixed as the conditon stated

Me (4:22 pm): The repair price is cheap too, that's a good price the gave me since I've done business w them before

Jack Holland (4:38 pm): If i take ur word on this u better come to bat for me on every for sale thread i ever post. Ill help u if u help me. I have no problems with that. U willing?

Me (4:40 pm): I'm a veteran of s2ki.com and a sponsor of s2kca.com. If u come through, ill guarantee ur reputation will be better and ill vouch for u. Like I said, I know ur

Me (4:41 pm): Situation, selling,buying. Ill help u out guaranteed in any way. That's what the old school members do

Me (4:43 pm): And ill do this, have the whole threads deleted like it was never there.bc rt now they're pretty nasty but ill take care of it 100 percent
Jack Holland (4:43 pm): Cool
Jack Holland (4:47 pm): Whatz ur bank info

Me (4:22 pm): The repair price is cheap too, that's a good price the gave me since I've done business w them before

Jack Holland (4:38 pm): If i take ur word on this u better come to bat for me on every for sale thread i ever post. Ill help u if u help me. I have no problems with that. U willing?

Me (4:40 pm): I'm a veteran of s2ki.com and a sponsor of s2kca.com. If u come through, ill guarantee ur reputation will be better and ill vouch for u. Like I said, I know ur

Me (4:41 pm): Situation, selling,buying. Ill help u out guaranteed in any way. That's what the old school members do

Me (4:43 pm): And ill do this, have the whole threads deleted like it was never there.bc rt now they're pretty nasty but ill take care of it 100 percent

Jack Holland (4:43 pm): Cool
Jack Holland (4:47 pm): Whatz ur bank info

Me (4:48 pm): which bank is easier wellsfargo or wamu
Jack Holland (4:48 pm): Ehh wamu
Me (4:49 pm): sdafadfsadfasdf
Jack Holland (4:50 pm): K
Jack Holland (5:14 pm):Transfer done.. Now quit bitchin. U owe me

Me (5:19 pm): Excuse me? I would suggest to apologize and take that comment back before things get real bad. Don't disrespect people like that

Jack Holland (5:22 pm): Excuse me? U are the last person to lecture about respect.. Lighten up.. I trust u and am working with u..

Jack Holland (5:23 pm): I came through.. Hopefully u do the same.. Actions speak louder than words..

Me (5:24 pm): sure do but ur comment was extremely disrrspectful. U either apologize like a man or things will be different here.

Jack Holland (5:29 pm): I said that in a joking manner like i would with any of my friends.. I apolgize.. Had no idea u would get offended. Can u say thank u for helping?

Jack Holland (5:37 pm): Maybe i wouldnt of said that had u treated me different on the phone. I accept blame and hopefully we can both walk away better off

Me (5:40 pm): U accepted blame after u saw the responses online and realized u dooped me. I called with respect to speak rather than text

Me (5:42 pm): U position this as if ur doing me a favor where we all know this was best for u on the boards n to the right thing.

Me (5:42 pm): Ill honor my side

Jack Holland (5:42 pm): Yep. Thats why i made it right. I didnt doope anyone.

Me (5:42 pm): But next time be more careful online.

Me (5:43 pm): Yes u made it rt and did the right thing. Ill support u on the boards

Me (5:43 pm): But don't play w comments like that especially in situations like this. No hard feelings
Old 02-26-2008 | 03:02 PM
15 Year Member

^^^ What a douchebag. It seems like every bad seller has the same generic excuses. he should be banned.
Old 02-26-2008 | 03:04 PM

All,

After all of your support from the s2ki.com community, Juntuned came through with a deposit of $430.00 to cover the cost of repairing these wheels but not covering the restickering. As a decient person as i think i am, i can understand his situation not being able to refund me in full since he spent the money on fenders so I opted to have them repaired w/o stickers. In this case, i really had no choice since he stated he didnt have the money to refund me. Jack did come through and learned a good lesson here: dont mislead other buyers on the internet and especially post up DETAILED photos.

Without my family on s2ki.com, i would have NEVER received this partial refund and thank you all, members, old friends, guest, and mods.

All in all, it ended up for the most part ok. I'll have these rims fixed but never will be the original color. I guess i'll have to use them at the track.
Old 02-26-2008 | 03:09 PM

Oh man....Doesn't seem like it is going well. Truthfully, it seems he doesn't want to stick to what he stated in his first post. Very misleading first post. If the best you can do is get $200, I might just go with it and learn from it. It still doesn't make it right if I may clear that up. This is a shady seller no matter what and should be paying for all the repair damages since he stated it was in immaculate condition. I hope he gets banned for this unless he makes it right and S2kmugen doesn't feel like he got cheated. Keep us updated.

*EDIT: I guess you posted the resolve before I can get this out. Glad you feel ok with how it ended. for Juntuned in manning up to his misleading for sale post. I'm glad in how this ended for the both. Again, much respect to Juntuned for making it right.
Old 02-26-2008 | 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by plutonium239,Feb 26 2008, 02:20 PM
"I have taken extremely good care of these wheels as you can see. the outside ring on all four are immaculate"

You lied. Admit it. Yes, the wheels were "used" but why not be up front about the curb rash?
that was kinda a douche move there not trying to hurt your rep, but most people have a point by saying "immaculante" means hey no curb rash, and if there was a pic like that guy did and mention it and show it and not leave it out in the dark, its kinda like saying you hook up with a girl and find out she's a man! But atleast say theres you know "minor" rash and some touch up paint will do will be fine, thats just me but they look fine to me i would've bought them, but i dont make enough money at dell
Old 02-26-2008 | 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy,Feb 26 2008, 02:22 PM
Don't take my post as a threat. If you hadn't responded, I would have showed up to your house by myself to get your side of the story.

I'll put out any imperfections when it comes to a sale. You obviously knew that there were some curb rash on the wheels and you should have told the buyer, bottom line. Look on this forum at all of the parts I've sold (2 S2000s and probably over $50k in mods) and you won't find a complaint on any of the parts that I've sold. Why? Because if there is something that I think a buyer might not be happy with, I make sure to tell the person before I sell it.

Ryan
wow$50k in mods! thats alot of beer money....
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:05 PM

One thing to take from this (one of many) for you novice Internet sellers: If you don't have the cash in your bank account to cover it already, don't spend the cash until you are sure your buyer 1) has the item in hand & 2) is happy with said item.
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:16 PM

how much are to replace volk stickers by the way???
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:26 PM

You cant really replace them.Here and there some might pop up on ebay.But Mackin or anyone wont sell them direct in order to prevent knockoffs.The inner barrel stickers are not attainable period.

I know John and he is very anal about what he buys.His car is 110% flawless all around.Even the lug nuts dont have scratches on them.I am sure if the original post would have had the damage showing he wouldn't have bought them.Im glad the guy refunded some money but those wheels will never be the same.
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tee-Dub,Feb 26 2008, 08:05 PM
One thing to take from this (one of many) for you novice Internet sellers: If you don't have the cash in your bank account to cover it already, don't spend the cash until you are sure your buyer 1) has the item in hand & 2) is happy with said item.
I don't believe the seller had the right intentions. How do you NOT advertise this even if it's "used." I am glad John got some of his money back but I feel he settled so he wouldn't drag this on any further and miss a chance of recouping some money.

I don't believe the Fender story at all and I don't think any of us do. Oh well, it's over with now.

However, the seller's attitude needs adjustment. I personally will not deal with him and I'm sure he lost many customers for any future products.

Quick Reply: minty fresh GOLD volks