Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Work Meister S2r (17s) w/Kumho Tires

Old 07-17-2003 | 03:12 PM

cbender - your car looks amazing! I lost one center cap but it has been replaced. I chaulked up to having the wheels balanced, etc. and the guy not tightening them back. Got two free oil changes out of the deal. Hadn't had any other problems though. What lugs would you recommend? Anything that locks? Where would I find them? I appreciate your input and will pass on the info to the buyer of the 17s as well just in case he needs it.

Curious looking at your mods: any info/pics of "Hecash Brake Ducting," how do you like the Spoon X-brace (X on is on my wish list), and what is a "Uber Nurburgring Decal?" thx!
Old 07-17-2003 | 06:33 PM

Nvrquit,

Too many questions, but thanks for the compliment.

For HeCash brake ducting, check out: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=137034

Spoon x-brace: honestly, I don't really notice it (never have except in tight corners with severely undulating pavement), but I keep it around b/c I have this nagging feeling that I would miss it if I were to sell it.

The Uber Cool decal refers to my avatar, which is a decal of the Nurburgring placed on my trunk, with the keyhole in the center of the decal. Check out: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=122111

As for what lugs to recommend, use the stock lugs if you ever have to replace yours. As for what lug nuts to buy, they all work. I'm just annoyed that I have two types now, as I had to buy some non-matching nuts when I replaced a couple of lugs. If you know of a place to source the Works Wheels lug nuts, let me know, as I need a few.

Best,
CB

Old 07-17-2003 | 07:09 PM

nvrquit, is your car lowered? or any susp. mods, and how does the ride/performance compare to the stock rims?
Old 07-17-2003 | 11:07 PM

soons2k - car is not lowered and there are no suspension modes. I drove an '03 s2k w/ 6k miles (stock rims and SO2s) Saturday after driving my '01 s2k w/ 30k miles (rims and tires noted above) and noticed no ride difference...neither of us did since we swapped driver/passenger and cars. That was the main reason I went with 17s in the first place vs 18s. I thought there would be a major difference in ride. Being a daily driver that was very important...turns up there wasn't any noticable difference
Old 07-17-2003 | 11:26 PM

cbender - pm sent
Old 07-18-2003 | 05:19 AM

That's in part due to the fact that the stock S02's have a very stiff sideway...
Old 07-18-2003 | 07:17 AM

Also note regarding the Work set-up...I had a different set of rims before. Absolute crap. I was sold up the river and didn't know any better. I was told they were a perfect fit, etc. but how can they be perfect if you rub a few times a day under normal drive conditions...again, I'm a daily driver.

After pitching a fit and finally getting an attorney involved I got the shop to credit me back the full purchase price of the old set towards the current 17" Meister S2rs. The Kumhos made the transition over to the Meisters since they were so new. Talk about a difference!!!!

I can even look at old pics of my car and see the major improvement in fitment alone of the Work product. Now not only does the car look a million times better than before based on fitment & quality (OMG they're gorgeous!) but also the drive. I'm assuming because of the offsets, etc. the ride was actually a tad more comfortable than before (the prior 17 set up), the car rode quieter since the dang wheels were actually under the car and not sticking out of the wells...novel idea huh?
Old 07-18-2003 | 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]Also note regarding the Work set-up...I can even look at old pics of my car and see the major improvement in fitment alone of the Work product.
Old 07-18-2003 | 07:33 AM

Sorry Dave...now I really owe you a beer next time I'm up in Richmond...actually Mechanicsville!
Old 07-25-2003 | 05:29 PM

Rims are officially SOLD.

I had my new set of 18s put on Thursday night - pics soon. I'll post thread here and then close this one.
My, or used to mine, set of 17s were shipped out today to the buyer in Houston. He's paid in full other than shipping so everyone is good to go.
I do appreciate everyone's interest.

Quick Reply: FS: Work Meister S2r (17s) w/Kumho Tires