Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Work Meister S2r (17s) w/Kumho Tires

Old 07-16-2003 | 05:10 PM

Default FS: Work Meister S2r (17s) w/Kumho Tires

Hey there.

I'm interested (not 100%) in selling my Work Meister S2r rims. If you're not familiar with Work they are specifically made (offsets are correct) for the S2000. They run about $700/rim new. I purchased them in August of 2002. As you know, I don't track, race, etc. in fact I'm known as the "grampa driver" in the club. The only reason I'm considering selling these is to buy the same exact rim but in the 18" version. Since I'm not concerned with saving weight/performance/lowering, etc. I'm considering stepping up to the 18s. From what I've been told if you're ARE into performance, possibly tracking the car, etc. then the 17s are the way to go...which is what I have now.

The rims, if I sell, would come with the existing set of Kumho tires. The fronts were purchased in January 2002 and have approximately 50%+ tread left. The rears were replaced in April 2003 so are VERY new and I would guess have about 80 or more % tread left.

The rims do have what would appear to be "curb rash" on the two driver side chrome lips. It was actually done by me misjudging a rail coming into a car wash. There is also a couple of "hairline" scratches between a few of the lugs. All of these by most people's accounts are not noticable until I point them out. So basically you don't notice them from what everyone says. Put it this way, the scratches were there during the Anniversary Meet in June.

Make an offer and we can see what happens. Please PM or e-mail any offers (nvrquit4@aol.com). I have about $3k invested. The pictures below include two fairly close-up shots from the meeting in June. The rash I noted above was there (i.e., since April). I'm anal as heck about my car and to be honest because of the curve of the chrome lip and the scratches being mild I never notice until I'm down on my butt cleaning the rim itself (which is of course a ritual with me!).

Shay
Old 07-16-2003 | 05:47 PM

Since you're planning to move up to 18" in same style...might wanna suggest your intentions with the lug nuts. Since a bud back here in Richmond also has these, I've come to understand that these lugs are very unique to the wheels...and are purchased separate from the wheels (as is typical with aftermarkets). As you are moving up to 18"...you might be intending on keeping the lugs for the next set of rims (a thought consideration for the purchaser of these 17"s)...or you might be selling with as used.

Just thought I'd mention.

- Dave

PS...you have PM .
Old 07-17-2003 | 04:01 AM

Dave,
Understand the statement. My thoughts are to sell the 17" rims, the center caps, lugs, special lug tool, valve caps, tires, everything. The person that buys these will simply jack up his car and put them on with what comes in the boxes. I'll even do a best effort to polish the rim and slick the tires down for the extra added touch upon opening.

I do have your pm Dave and one other offer that appears serious. His is a bit better than yours but you were first. I'm not trying to get in a bidding war. No need for that but you are close as noted. PM if you want to chat. I've told the other guy the same and we're checking into shipping costs, etc.

Shay
Old 07-17-2003 | 11:12 AM

At this time it looks like the rims are sold. I am awaiting payment. I will lock out thread once we're settled up.
Old 07-17-2003 | 11:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]At this time it looks like the rims are sold.
Old 07-17-2003 | 12:15 PM

I appreciate the input Dave. I'll keep everyone posted but it does appear things are coming together for both parties. Fingers crossed.

By the way, I'm originally from Richmond (left in '81) but the family and I should be up there around mid to late October to visit some of my side. Granted, we'll be in the Camry vs. the s2k but if there's a meet or something going on maybe we can catch up with you guys?

Shay
Old 07-17-2003 | 12:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]...the family and I should be up there around mid to late October to visit some of my side.
Old 07-17-2003 | 12:39 PM

Hopefully my visit won't fall on Fall Colors. 106!! Wow. Most I've ever seen together in person was about 40 at the Florida Super Meet in April. Man, kids get a bit older maybe we can get some grandparents to watch'm and the wife and I can make the trek up one Fall. In any event, if it falls close to your b-day then a beer for your b-day sounds good!
Old 07-17-2003 | 12:54 PM

pm me the highest bid
Old 07-17-2003 | 02:00 PM

Shay, did you ever need to replace a loose center cap or any of the lug nuts? I've had to buy a replacement cap (very expensive) and had to replace a couple of seized lug nuts (replacing them with a different style nut). If you've managed to break the code on these, lemme know. You'll like the 18"s, but the way...

Quick Reply: FS: Work Meister S2r (17s) w/Kumho Tires