Mark this thread as Sold

FS - VOLK LE37's 17" GOLD/POLISHED LIP W/Tires

Old 01-10-2008 | 09:33 PM

Default FS - VOLK LE37's 17" GOLD/POLISHED LIP W/Tires

To make a long story short..

I bought these wheels just a few days ago off a member here and was severly mislead as to what i was buying. I was told the tires were all good with 75% tread left when in reality .. the rear tires are shot due to bad camber wear. the seller has been very shady about the whole situation and rather then buy new rear tires .. .im exploring the idea of just selling them as is

I have filed a complaint with paypal and have posted in the BAD GUY thread about the seller.

So here is what is up for sale

4 17" VOLK LE-37'S ...

17 by 7.5 +48 FRONT
17 by 8.5 +50 REAR

The wheels themselves are in excellent condition ... no curb marks or anything like that .. come with Volk Center caps and Rays valve stems .. the stickers on all wheels are intact and in perfect shape.

The front wheels have 225 45 17 Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires with 7/32 tread left (9/32 is new) ... and the rears as stated are shot ... but I will include them if you want them .. they are 255 40 17.

I also have Black Rays Lugs (not extended) that will come with the wheels as well.

Im looking to get 1600 Plus shipping for the wheels and lugs or i would entertain trades for ap2 V2 wheels with tires in PERFECT condition and little to no wear on the tires .. (since we all know the re50s have extremely low treadwear numbers) PLUS CASH

Im located in MASS and can meet up with any locals (RI / MASS) .. Also willing to ship

Im very upset about the whole situation as I was very excited to get these wheels for my s2k but apparently the seller thought that misleading and lying was a good idea.

Here is a quick pic of one of the wheels ... Ill have more detailed photos of all the other wheels tommorow.

PM ME if interested or feel free to give me a call 508 287 5384.

Old 01-10-2008 | 09:39 PM

It sucks when people misrepresent something, but if you liked the wheels to begin with, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to pick up two new rear tires? Those Kumhos aren't much new and it might be worth it to save the headache of having to sell these and ship them.
Old 01-10-2008 | 09:49 PM

the rear tires are going to cost 132 each plus shipping and mounting /balancing

thats around 330 total for TIRES that i shoudl never have had to buy

the seller stated all 4 tires were 75 % worn and obvis that clearly wasnt the case

I might just end up keeping em if i cant find anyone interested in them ... but i figured it cant hurt to explore the option whille I wait for paypal to look into the claim.

The sellers suggestion was to flip the tires around .. LOL .. what good does that do ? ... now the worn part is on the outside rather then the INSIDE .. does he not realize that the WHOLE tire makes contact with the ground ? LOL .. I told him that was unacceptable and asked for him to refund 150 dollars .. to which he has not agreed to.

needless to say .. i dont think im going to get far with the seller and its a shame because all the past sales he has had have seemed to have gone very well .. I guess not this time
Old 01-10-2008 | 09:57 PM

Well, even at $1600 for the Volks, the tires were a "gimme" assuming you're selling them for what you paid. I just bought a new set of Volks with center caps and heck, the caps alone are a touch over $100! The right thing for the seller to do would be to refund you at least 50% of the replacement cost for two new rear tires. Good luck with what ever you choose. Personally, I can't wait to get tires on my new Volk RE30's, but they are going to be for spring/summer/fall only, so its going to wait a month or so.
Old 01-10-2008 | 10:09 PM

Thanks for the comments

I asked the seller for actually LESS then half of the replacement cost (i asked for 150... total cost of replacement is 330 ) ...But he apparently thinks that the wear on the tires is nothing to be worried about ,....

Im hoping he will handle this the right way but time will tell

Good luck on the RE30s nice wheels
Old 01-10-2008 | 11:07 PM

PM's Responded too ...
Old 01-11-2008 | 02:46 AM

if its camber,

why not flip them inside out and use it for a bit
Old 01-11-2008 | 02:58 AM

because ... as stated .. one half of the tires is totally worn to the wear bars.. whether you flip them inside out .. doesnt change the fact that half the tire is bald

the whole tire makes contact with the ground .. so what difference does it make .. where the worn side is .. inside or outside .. its still going to be an unevenly worn tire which is not safe imo ...
Old 01-11-2008 | 03:00 AM

here are pics to show the uneven wear - as stated if the buyer wants the tires .. they are more then welcome to them

WORN SIDE

OTHER SIDE

The camber issue is only on the rears of course - the fronts are fine
Old 01-11-2008 | 05:36 AM

where are you located in Mass?

Quick Reply: FS - VOLK LE37's 17" GOLD/POLISHED LIP W/Tires