Mark this thread as Sold

FS: OEM Exhaust from 2007

Old 12-01-2008 | 12:44 PM

Default FS: OEM Exhaust from 2007

Howdy Folks!

I have an aftermarket exhaust sitting in my garage waiting to get installed, so I'll have my OEM exhaust available. My car is a bone stock 2007, with ~10K miles. It appears to be super clean (the tips look fantastic).

I'd figure I'll get my new one on this week (probably THU) so it will be available shortly. I can shoot some pics as soon as it's removed.

I realize I'm a new member here (I just became an "real" member!) but I have a long history of selling/buying over on the Corvette Forum. In fact, this is a post from a set of wheels I just sold (cleared out the last of my Z06 parts):

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-parts-f...on-with-dt.html

I'm going to post my standard disclaimer I use on all car sites:

- Post your intent to buy IN this thread - that is the order I will offer the items - if you want to PM offers, questions, etc., and still want to be considered, PLEASE post in the thread as well.

- I don't mind holding on to items while a potential buyer confirms details, check their finances but I like to keep this to about 24 hours or so.

- I prefer PayPal, simple and easy for both parties, no additional fees or anything (I consider the ease/speed/protection worth the small fee!)

- I will keep a running list in this post of potential buyers - mark "passing on it" as I can. I'm around my machine 24/7 (unless there's a decent break )

2007 OEM exhaust, excellent condition, $125.00 (OBO) + shipping (see below)

Preference given to local (Saint Augustine, FL) buyers.

PM here or email me via Z06Racer@bellsouth.net

Thanks!

DT
Old 12-01-2008 | 01:31 PM

thank you very much for posting your OEM exhaust.

Just a head's-up though, your asking price is just a bit steep.

usually a complete system with great condition tips will sell for roughly $125-$150, depending on MY(model year). Yours being an '07 and all, you should be able to get $150 easily. However, anything higher than that and the market may not support your asking price.

You can however, part the tips from the exhaust for somewhere between $50-$75 for the tips, depending on condition, and in your case, you should be able to get $75. However, anything higher than that and the market may not support your asking price on those.

Then, you should be able to sell the exhaust without the tips for somewhere between $100-$125, being that yours is an '07.

A pick-up transaction may be ideal in the case of a one-piece OEM exhaust system, but if your buyer is willing to pay for shipping and you're willing to have it well packaged to prevent any damage, then more power to the both of you.

Regards.
Old 12-01-2008 | 02:15 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Series10,Dec 1 2008, 02:31 PM
thank you very much for posting your OEM exhaust.

Just a head's-up though, your asking price is just a bit steep.

usually a complete system with great condition tips will sell for roughly $125-$150, depending on MY(model year). Yours being an '07 and all, you should be able to get $150 easily. However, anything higher than that and the market may not support your asking price.

You can however, part the tips from the exhaust for somewhere between $50-$75 for the tips, depending on condition, and in your case, you should be able to get $75. However, anything higher than that and the market may not support your asking price on those.

Then, you should be able to sell the exhaust without the tips for somewhere between $100-$125, being that yours is an '07.

A pick-up transaction may be ideal in the case of a one-piece OEM exhaust system, but if your buyer is willing to pay for shipping and you're willing to have it well packaged to prevent any damage, then more power to the both of you.

Regards.
tips are worth about 50-100 like he said. the exhaust it self is pretty much worthless. many people give away their ap1 exhausts.
Old 12-01-2008 | 02:37 PM

Holy smokes. I'm not in the know with the S2K market, especially the used part prices. I'll revise the price, but hopefully people will OBO me.

Do the tips come off the exhaust easily? I haven't really look closely since I haven't swapped to the new one yet.

Thanks!

DT
Old 12-01-2008 | 02:53 PM

lol, I'm selling my ap2 exhaust for like $50, now lowered to free pickup.
Old 12-10-2008 | 06:36 AM

Bump! Need this out of the garage!