- 3 USB Ports
- Ethernet Port
- Built in wireless router
- S-Video output
- Comes with wall charger
- Wireless mouse
- Firewire board for PCI Slot

Asking - $950 shipped (within contiguous US) OBO

Laptop was purchased on January 11, 2005 from Best Buy for $1242.35. There is currently no warranty on this laptop, so the laptop is sold as is. Any problems from here on out, you would have to get fixed yourself. I have not had one single problem out of this since I have had it. I absolutely love it (Reason for selling is below). The only thing that does not work are the volume buttons on the side of the laptop, which is no big deal because you can adjust the volume from the task bar. I guarantee 100% this laptop is in perfect working condition with no flaws what so ever. A few members on this board can verify this. Jake (dark_sub_rosa) used it last weekend. Nathan (bustedshox) used it not too long ago also. I mainly use this computer for my online schooling since I'm not at my apt most of the time. That's mainly all I use it for. I also have a desktop, so this laptop is pretty much used for schooling, watching movies, and browsing the internet when my desktop isn't available.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I uploaded the pictures this morning before I left for work, but didn't have time to post the FS thread.

WHY I AM SELLING THIS LAPTOP
Well... I love this laptop, but I am forced to sell it because of an extremely untrusthworthy SOB roommate. Come to find out all the money we have been giving him to pay our electric bills, water bills, furniture bills and even rent... all that money... gone. No bills were paid, and god only knows what he did with the money. Worst part about it is we had no clue until we got our final eviction notice yesterday. I had to pay $516.50 this morning to get our rent up to date. He was hiding past due notices and eviction notices from us. I was looking for our lease agreement yesterday when i found all these past due notices. He was hiding stuff from us for like 3 weeks. I am selling my laptop to pay the past due bills, and really not counting on getting the money back from my ex-roommate. We will probably have to take him to court over this. It's really sucks that I have to sell my laptop to cover the money he stole from me, but I guess that's the way it has to be right now.
Old 07-22-2005 | 10:30 AM

wow. roommates are teh suck! GL on sale!
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by r_duff,Jul 22 2005, 12:30 PM
wow. roommates are teh suck! GL on sale!
yeah... your tellin' me... thanks
Old 07-22-2005 | 09:48 PM
Member (Premium)

I'm writing this reply on an nearly identical R3000 right now.
Never a problem in over a year of ownership.
Bump!
Old 07-23-2005 | 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by hukares,Jul 22 2005, 11:48 PM
I'm writing this reply on an nearly identical R3000 right now.
Never a problem in over a year of ownership.
Bump!
thanks alot
Old 07-23-2005 | 08:59 AM
Former Moderator

Great laptop.. I was using it last weekend for a couple hours while everyone was asleep.. lol.. Sorry to hear Hal. I'll give you a ring man.
Old 07-23-2005 | 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_Sub_Rosa,Jul 23 2005, 10:59 AM
Great laptop.. I was using it last weekend for a couple hours while everyone was asleep.. lol.. Sorry to hear Hal. I'll give you a ring man.
lol...while I was asleep huh? what sites were you going to?
Old 07-24-2005 | 09:56 AM

okay... laptop is going on ebay tonight when I get home... I will post the link if anyone is interested
Old 07-26-2005 | 02:11 PM

just put it on ebay... here is the link... bidding starts at only $500

Link to auction
Old 07-26-2005 | 02:27 PM

I placed a bid. I'm not sure how high I can go because of my wife's last misfortune. She can't drive(to be read: work) for six months. In any case, I wanted to let you know that I'm ff2skip on ebay as well.

Quick Reply: FS: Compaq R3000 Laptop - High Res Widescreen