Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Carbon Fiber Hood

Old 07-07-2003 | 12:24 PM

Default FS: Carbon Fiber Hood

Well, my car is going to be turned in later this year, so I am selling some parts off it.

I have a used Fiber Images carbon fiber hood for sale. It is in very good condition, with only some minor chips on the rear edges of the hood. The hood bolts right up to your OEM hinges, fits very, very well and works with the OEM hood locking system. I have also fitted a pair of functional hood latches (the good ones with the pins that go through the post). These are included. It is also has provisions for washer jets.

I get a lot of compliments on this hood, and the weave is very good (one piece) with no lines or join marks as seen in CF hoods on other threads. Please note though that this is a used hood.

I would prefer a local buyer, or someone that can drive to pick it up. I am 45 minutes north west of Detroit. I will ship the hood and pack it securely, but the buyer has to arrange shipping.

For sale at $400.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2003 | 12:43 PM

Is this hood vented? any pics?
Old 07-07-2003 | 12:50 PM

I don't think that the Fiber Images Carbon Fiber hood for the S2000 is vented. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 07-07-2003 | 12:55 PM

pics?
Old 07-07-2003 | 01:31 PM

correct, it is not vented. This is a straight OEM replacement style hood.

I have pics to email, but can't post them here. Please PM me your email and I will send them to you.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2003 | 11:17 AM

Sime...I'm offering some pics here (if you don't mind). I had the Fiber Images CF hood and loved it (only sold it cuz I was broke at the time, and was gettin' pestered by a member to sell it to him ). Like Sime said, folks, FI's CF hood is OEM in style (no vents)...although it does have a nicely embossed small "Fiber Images" clear logo up near the "hood-to-windshield" area of the hood.

Only thing that my pics don't properly represent for Sime here is that I had Sparco hood pins on my hood. Such pins are NOT necessary for a CF hood...but might be recommended. As Sime does not indicate he has such hood pins in his, I believe I am properly assuming that his hood does NOT have such pins.

One other thing Sime...that folks might want to know... "washer/squirters"... My FI's CF hood did NOT have washer/squirters, nor drilled holes for same. You might want to let potential buyers know how your hood is set up in regards to washer/squirters.

Damn!!! I wish you didn't live so far away Sime!!! I'd buy your hood lickity-split!!! I miss my FI CF hood something terrible!!!

- Dave
Old 07-08-2003 | 01:48 PM

Hi Dave!

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Actually, in my original post, I did mention that the hood has the Sparco Style hood pins (I called 'em latches!) and it is setup for washer jets. I was surprised too when I received my hood and found it didn't have them drilled out. Nothing the Dremel couldn't fix, and now my windshield is always clean!!

The only difference is that my hood pins are installed sideways not front to back as with yours. They are included in the price with the hood. One other thing about the hood, right where the rear edges are, it looks like the clear coat has somehow lifted a little in the manufacturing process. I'm not sure if this is/was during the molding process as they have always been on the hood, but the clearcoat is secure and not peeling off.

Anyways, I never worried about it trying to fix it because it is very minor, and because it looks fine to me, as the primary reasons I put this hood on were to save stone chips on the hood, make it visually more interesting, and have the hood secured with the hood latches for my track time excursions. I get lots of questions and compliments from my hood.

It was really funny with regards to one comment I received. One day I was at McDonalds and the girl at the drive through counter said to me "Oh my G-d, you can see right through the hood to the engine - how cool!!". I started to worry for a second as I thought maybe she was right...maybe the weave was really thin and she could see it through the sun? Then it hit me that she was commenting on the '3d' effect of the carbon fiber. As she obviously had no idea what was under the hood, she only 'thought' she could see the motor!!!!!! heh heh.

By the way, VA is not that far from MI. I would be happy to pack the hood up securely and ship it to you!

Cheers,
Simon (Sime)
Old 07-08-2003 | 05:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sime
[B]Hi Dave!

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Actually, in my original post, I did mention that the hood has the Sparco Style hood pins (I called 'em latches!) ...The only difference is that my hood pins are installed sideways not front to back as with yours. They are included in the price with the hood.