Mark this thread as Sold

FRAUD ALERT!

Old 12-22-2004 | 05:10 AM

Maybe the mods should put this in the dumpster till the timeline can be worked out. Calling someone a scammer is pretty damning, and should be followed with proof. As it stands now, it seems like your jumping the gun and I would be PISSED OFF, if I was the seller.
Old 12-22-2004 | 06:50 AM

Actually if you read the FS thread you will see that the seller took two guys for 300 each. And now no replies to any e-mails. I think that this was scam.

1. He tried to hard to sell them.
2. New S2ki.com User, His thread is as old as he is.
3. He lives in the US and his car is 2003 New Indy Yellow Pearl /Black
4. His VIN for his MY03 was for am MY04 (JHMAP21464T003260)
5. Both buyer has differant personal info from the seller.
Old 12-22-2004 | 07:19 AM

who's bigballz ?
Old 12-22-2004 | 08:23 AM

Hi there, guys.

For those that are saying that I'm a bit of an alarmist and acting a bit hastily, you're correct, but with reason. I went back and forth with the guy for quite awhile trying to assure myself that all was good and on the up and up (I was burned before by another s2ki guy earlier in the year so thought I was being extra careful). He always answered the emails promptly. The day that I gave him the tracking number of the FedEx package containing the Bank Cashiers Check, he blocked my emails to him and the phone number that he gave me just rings and rings. That was on the 18th.

If I am mistaken with my accusations, I will be the first person to publish a HUGE!! public apology to the guy. I truly hope that I will need to publish that apology but things are pointing a very different direction right now.

The comment regarding using a postal money order and the subsequent mail fraud ramification is something that I didn't know about but will certainly remember for any future dealings. Unfortunately, in my efforts to get him the money as quickly as possible and to minimize any inconvenience for him in getting his funds, I sent the Bank Cashiers Check via overnight FedEx. I'm going to check it out, but I'm guessing that this won't fall under the category of mail fraud as I didn't use the US Mail service.
Old 12-22-2004 | 08:24 AM

john, bigballz is a good member

i ALWAYS send a postal money order when it requires a money order. it may take me a day or two extra to wait in line and get one, but that's the only way i do it. i've been screwed a few times too, and it's not fun.

i'm busy at work today, so i can't watch over this thread. sorry guys, but if it does get out of hand, do send a report a post to moderator.
Old 12-22-2004 | 08:58 AM

Oh yeah, I do apologize to the management for putting something in my post that wasn't kosher. I didn't know that I had said anything wrong but will do my uppermost to assure that I don't do it again.

Rest assured also, there will not be any reason for any moderation on my part. My 2 goals and reasons for the post was to a) warn the fine s2ki people that there seems to be a potential problem with dealing with someone and give them a "heads up" notice so that someone else might be spared a potential loss, and b) see if there is anyone out there that might be able to assist me in resolving my current situation.

I've still got my fingers crossed and have already written up my public apology to Jason should it be warranted. Sure hope so!!
Old 12-22-2004 | 09:51 AM

My fears seem to be warranted........DANG!!!! I hate getting ripped off!!!

See the thread "S2000 Wheels" , topic starter jdm2zzzzz, for the latest developments on this guy. Looks like "SMILE" also got ripped off as he sent money off for the same wheels and tires that I did, only a couple of weeks earlier. Result: no wheels and tires, no communication.

Truly hope that this info. at least stops anyone else from getting taken.

Sure makes you wonder how someone like this can sleep at night knowing that he's stealing from people. Especially during the Holiday time of year!!

Really burns me up!!!
Old 12-22-2004 | 10:05 AM

New tidbit. He agreed to sell the wheels and tires to me also. I told him I would come and pick them up but he still wanted 1/2 of the sale price as a deposit. I got very suspicious when he was not straight-up to my questions about the wheels. He told me he was selling them for his roommate. He never provided me the VIN for the car they are from and he hasn't responded to my emails in the last two days.

I notified Sgt Remer of Grand Forks police department. I believe they are investigating.
Old 12-22-2004 | 12:41 PM

Hi again, guys.

So after being in contact with proper authorities, the proper steps to take if anyone else has had a problem is to:

a) contact their local Police Department and file a report stating what happened.

and

b) Ask their local Police Department to then contact the Grand Forks, ND Police Department with that information.

This then assures that someone isn't on here just empathizing with this situation but gets the pertinent information to the proper authorities where something can be legally done.

Who knows, maybe all of this will strike a good nerve on this guy and he'll come through for those involved. Just call me an optimist I guess.
Old 12-22-2004 | 01:05 PM
20 Year Member

Make sure all who respond here check out the original thread...IMHO these guys definitely got taken...

Bigballz is Kareem and a personal friend...He saw the wheels via a picture he got through PM....The pic is of 03 wheels...maybe we can get a pic of stuff in the backround

NEWSFLASH...that 04 vin car has not been sold yet, it is a demonstrator. I will have a dealer for you guys tomorrow.

Quick Reply: FRAUD ALERT!