Mark this thread as Sold

Famous Valentine ONe V1 mirror install

Old 07-20-2006 | 05:46 AM

Default Famous Valentine ONe V1 mirror install

For those of you who remember it

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...79&hl=valentine

this was one of the most sought after installs for the s2k. The Hidden V1 in the secret compartment.

My car has been returned on lease but i had the radar removed prior to it's return.

The kit consists of
1. Mirror: modified with V1 remote display embedded
2. Remote control (which i mounted in the coin cup with custom lid
3. V1, out of casing so it fits under...
4. custom fabricated false lid for secret compartment. This is the real stunner.. hides the V1, and keeps it secure.

The install isn't too difficult (not that I did mine personally but I know the in's and out's)

Basically, the V1 is screwed into the secret compartment lid, the false cover is then screwed down over it.

Phone wire needs to be run from the lid, through the transmission tunnel to the coin cup, which is where the remote gets mounted, another wire is then thread up the dash and around the windshield to be plugged into the back of the mirror.

All items are in near pristine condition, and available for immediate shipment.

The V1 equipment is worth about $500 new, and $375 on ebay.

The custom lid & mirror are impossible to duplicate, let alone 5... There are only 5 of these in existence...

I'm asking $750 for the whole bundle. I've seen the mirror selling upwards of $400 by itself for other cars...

Make me an offer....it's doing me no good sitting in my garage.

I would also entertain an offer of a newer V1 + cash

Thanks

-Eric
Old 07-20-2006 | 07:23 AM

While the setup time and effort are bad ass. One question I'd have is why mount the remote screen in the mirror? If the point was to make it stealth, cars behind you could still see the lights.
Old 07-20-2006 | 07:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Bump for the sexiest install ever....
Old 07-20-2006 | 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=tcho82,Jul 20 2006, 10:23 AM] While the setup time and effort are bad ass. One question I'd have is why mount the remote screen in the mirror?
Old 07-20-2006 | 10:08 AM

IC. I love the mounting of the V1 in the console, but not so much the location of the remote display. I have mine right above my steering column, I love getting a signal and then having people fly by you, only to get caught.... hehe. I would want this setup so I could leave my top down and not worry about my V1 getting jacked.... But now that I have a nav unit, and other crap all over the car, itd be too annoying to put everything away, when you can just close the top(at least for short trips)

Whenever I'm somewhere "REMOTELY" sketchy, I'll lock everything up.

Too bad there isn't some sort of simple mount out there that can allow us to mount our V1's more easily. Although next to my rear view mirror, it doesn't protrude all that much...
Old 07-20-2006 | 10:08 AM

I have a V1 with all acessories I would trade plus cash. PM me if your interested.
Old 07-20-2006 | 03:33 PM

What version V1 is it?
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:18 PM

Not sure of the version.. it is about 3 yrs old... It can be sent back to valentine for an upgrade, but would have to be reinstalled in the housing (Original V1 Metal casing)
Old 07-21-2006 | 11:07 AM

I live in VA where radar detectors are illegal, do cops have radar detector detectors? For example can a cop pull me over because he detected my radar detector?
Old 07-21-2006 | 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ashbolt,Jul 21 2006, 02:07 PM
I live in VA where radar detectors are illegal, do cops have radar detector detectors? For example can a cop pull me over because he detected my radar detector?
In VA, yes.

Quick Reply: Famous Valentine ONe V1 mirror install