Mark this thread as Sold

Evasive Motorsports Fiasco!

Old 05-23-2006 | 09:41 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

You have to play by their rules. Sorry but you can't make up your own. It doesn't work that way.
Old 05-23-2006 | 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ep3minivan,May 23 2006, 10:07 PM
I don't understand why you are mad. The problem is not with Evasive, but it is with the shipping company. I highly doubt that they are going to ship out a damaged exhaust. Plus, it sounds like you had the option to send it back. You can't expect them to give money in that situation.

From my dealings with Evasive I know that Mike and Ed are both honest and fair guys. I think that they would do anything within their means to help, but you cannot expect them to cut their bottom line in a situation that is not their fault.
i must agree with this post. i work for a shipping company and you had every right to have the driver wait while you inspected the damaged box and refuse the delivery. after which you or the shipper can file the claim. i also know that the shipping company will want to keep the damaged goods before any claim will be paid. by you keeping the part i can say for certain that you wiil get no monetary damages from the shipping company now and neither will evasive.

as for evasive, they are a stand up company that i have dealt with in the past. i have not bought any big dollar items from them yet but i can tell you that i have bought small things from them and mike himself has hand delivered them to me and we are talking him driving 30+ miles to do it.

i'm sure there is more to this story which i don't know but it appears to be a total mis-understanding and i'm hoping it will get resolve to both your's and evasive's satisfaction.
Old 05-23-2006 | 10:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Why is this thread still open, just close it, no need for it.
Old 05-23-2006 | 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock,May 23 2006, 08:02 PM

evasive is the best!

Evasive.
Old 05-24-2006 | 12:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the support guys. We here at Evasive always find ways to help out our customers as much as we can. There obviously was a miscommunication betweetn us and the customer and i'll try my best to clear things up.

We sent out the exhaust in perfect condition..it was obviously damaged by UPS during transit. I did my best with UPS trying to convince the agent to accept the claim.. but buttom line is once the item is installed and used theres no way they'll issue a claim for it.

I believe it is common sense to not install something that arrives damaged.

1st thing is to contact the seller regarding the issue and we can arrange with UPS to send out an agent to inspect the package and provide a call tag to have it shipped back to us.

I have spoke to the customer couple times explaining this to him.. and I've told him I can try to get UPS to do something about it but since its on the car already its really hard for them to accept the claim. I have offered the customer his next pruchase with us at our cost... but was denied. I really dont think we're being un-reasonable in this situation...

Mike

Old 05-24-2006 | 12:29 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports,May 24 2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the support guys. We here at Evasive always find ways to help out our customers as much as we can. There obviously was a miscommunication betweetn us and the customer and i'll try my best to clear things up.

We sent out the exhaust in perfect condition..it was obviously damaged by UPS during transit. I did my best with UPS trying to convince the agent to accept the claim.. but buttom line is once the item is installed and used theres no way they'll issue a claim for it.

1st thing is to contact the seller regarding the issue and we can arrange with UPS to send out an agent to inspect the package and provide a call tag to have it shipped back to us.

I have spoke to the customer couple times explaining this to him.. and I've told him I can try to get UPS to do something about it but since its on the car already its really hard for them to accept the claim. I have offered the customer his next pruchase with us at our cost... but was denied. I really dont think we're being un-reasonable in this situation...

Mike
Old 05-24-2006 | 04:15 AM

How about you offer me those Works at cost? That'd probably be the most fair thing to do and I think it'll show everyone on the board your good nature. You're business will increase 10 fold... Honest
Old 05-24-2006 | 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by nsx2fast,May 23 2006, 08:03 PM
picture!!! We want to pictures!
Old 05-24-2006 | 04:44 AM

dont feel like reading all the crap on here but i love evasive...theyve always been good to me
Old 05-24-2006 | 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports,May 24 2006, 04:24 AM

Mike
I have never ordered from Evasive, but this is the professional response I would expect from a quality company. The customer obviously made a succession of poor choices... accepting a damaged shipment, refusing to return damaged equipment, installing damaged equipment, then deciding on an unreasonable level of compensation.

Evasive was quite generous to offer the next purchase at dealer cost (regardless of cost), especially considering they never made a mistake in the first place. If I'm ever able to afford anything they sell ( ), I'll feel confident in sending them my money

Quick Reply: Evasive Motorsports Fiasco!