Mark this thread as Sold

Evasive Motorsports Fiasco!

Old 05-23-2006 | 03:31 PM

Default Evasive Motorsports Fiasco!

I documented pictures and everything emailed them as soon as I found the damage. I was assured I would be compensated....yeah right. It wasn't like I asked for my money back. $300 was more then fair for a 1k exhaust that I paid by us money order for (never again). They knew I would not return it because they had no more in stock...of course. I said I would try to get it fixed and I was in the process of installing it anyway. All I asked for was compensation for damage and was assured they would work with me through UPS or whatever. Well

Evasive lived up to their name. Next time Gruppe S will call all the way. !!!!!

Be warned they do not stand behind their word. I even said I would accept store credit of $300.
Old 05-23-2006 | 03:32 PM

Please move to bad guy thread...my mistake.
Old 05-23-2006 | 03:59 PM

hMM.i'm sure they have a side to their story as well. Have they responded at all to you?
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:09 PM
zyr

that sucks.. i was gonna buy from them because they are cheaper than bulletproof..
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:11 PM

I bought big ticket items from them before. Mike and Ed have always been very responsive to my inquiries.

I just hope this is not the case for the way they handle all of their exhaust sales b/c I waiting for my J's 60rs from them.
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:14 PM

He told me I should have sent it back complete to receive any chance of getting a new one. Agreed. But as I stated in the beginning I did not want to send it back...because.
1. I was told it could be repaired perhaps?
2. I was in the middle of installing it with the car on jackstands. Obviously not their problem.
3. The box was toast from the shipping (how I would get it back to them would be interesting).
4. They had no more in stock.
5. I was assured by Mike that "they would work something out with me" if I did not send it back and decided to live with it or get it fixed. I trusted them. Almost 1k for a Fuji exhaust and no love....
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:21 PM

They were very understanding in the beginning. I went through alot of trouble to take hi-res pic's of the exhaust, box and tracking label. I got an email (the one and only) stating I should have followed their policy and send it back.

If this had been made clear that the only way I was going to be refunded or compensated was to send it back I would have found a way...somehow to fix the box and return it. Their tune changed quickly and suddenly any talk of compensating me for a bent muffler was out the door. Cmon store credit for $300 is more than fair a full 1/3 of the exhaust was damaged when I paid essentially paid cah for a new exhaust. A tough lesson to learn for me. I will never pay a vendor with a money order again. The Credit card is it!!
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:24 PM

I love Evasive. I always buy from them.

They will resolve your problem. No worry with Evasive
Old 05-23-2006 | 04:44 PM

how did u come up with $300? do you have any kind of documentation stating this is what it costs to fix the damaged exhuast?
Old 05-23-2006 | 05:02 PM

THe Evasive guys have always been stand up. Not sure how the $300 figure came up either but the reason they wanted the exhaust back was so that "they" can get compensated from either the manufacturer or through the shipping company. But if you decided to keep it and asked for a $300 credit makes no sense to me, but then again I pretty slow...

Duc

Quick Reply: Evasive Motorsports Fiasco!