Mark this thread as Sold

Bride ViosIII Red FRP Seats

Old 07-18-2012 | 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by swifbboy
sorry you paid authentic prices for them. they are fake.

3 most obvious to me reasons are that the shells arent silver flaked, wrinkles all in the bolsters, and the fabric underneath the seats looks extremely shoddy.

Old 07-18-2012 | 04:42 PM

I clearly stated in my description that I cannot verify authenticity. I stated I had purchased them for about full retail price assuming they are real, and now an open to offers because of the issue of not being able to verify that 100%. I didn't ïgnore" your post, I took it, as well as other replys from searches I have gotten into consideration before deciding to sell. Im not sure how that is ""shady".. Yes, I decided to just buy other seats ,being I dont want to dump the money into these being I cannot verify authenticity 100%. I am open to any offer, as I stated in my original post. I posted many pictures of everything, not trying to decive anyone. I fully disclosed that I dont know if they are real or fake. Ive had many tell me they are real, and many tell me they are fake. Just because I didnt take what you posted as gospel doesnt mean you were ignored. I thank you for the information you provided, It helped me make the decision to sell them and not put thousands of dollars in what may or may not be $500 seats. As stated, am open to offers for them as is, as even if "fake", are still nice looking seats. Just not for what I intend to use them for.

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
you are shady! are going to ignore the response i posted on your thread asking if these seats are real? you said you wanted to reupholster them, but wanted to make sure you are reupholstering authentic seats. i posted up quite a bit of information leading to these seats being fake on 7/16 and today you post them for sale as authentic? i'm not so sure about that. sounds like you found out they are fake and now are trying to offload them under false pretense.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/966...g-bride-seats/

here's my response:

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1342499209' post='21865511
the way the fabric sits on the seat makes it look fake to me. it's pretty loose and has wrinkles in some areas. Very unusual for a real bride seat.

Also, it looks like it's a mixture of a VIOS III sport (black FRP) with a regular VIOS III (has shoulder non-slip fabric).

Regular VIOS III should be silver glitter back with the shoulder non slip fabric and split leg cushion while VIOS III sport should be black FRP with NO non-slip fabric.

Just noticed the label says it's supped to be a regular VIOS III. (non sport). so it should have a glitter back and split leg cushion. Looks fake to me!!! sorry for the bad news. Hopefully you didn't overpay by that much...

http://www.nengun.com/bride/vios-iii-sport

The Bride Vios III Sport is a simpler fixed back seat with a lower price but maintaing the high quality that can be expected by Bride seats.

High strength FRP shell in special Black finish
Compared to the Vios III, the Vios III sport features no shoulder non-slip and a single non-split front cushion
Available only in Black Fabric
Seat Back protector recommended for vehicles with rear seats
LF rails recommended, F Series rails can also be used for vehicles where LF rails are not available
Made in Japan
More information available from the Bride Japan website under Additional Details

http://www.nengun.com/bride/vios-iii-frp

The Bride Vios III fixed back seat with FRP shell has been designed for reasonable price without sacrificing comfort, support or durability in high performance conditions.

High strength FRP shell finished in silver metallic as pictured
Split front cushion for improved leg comfort and support
Buckskin non-slip shoulder support

Available in 5 colours including the famous Bride logo gradation
Seat Back protector recommended for vehicles with rear seats
LF rails recommended, F Series rails can also be used for vehicles where LF rails are not available
Note, the photos feature the FRP shell
Made in Japan
Please see Links below for Bride Japan website for further information
Old 07-18-2012 | 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rxmfn7
I clearly stated in my description that I cannot verify authenticity. I stated I had purchased them for about full retail price assuming they are real, and now an open to offers because of the issue of not being able to verify that 100%. I didn't ïgnore" your post, I took it, as well as other replys from searches I have gotten into consideration before deciding to sell. Im not sure how that is ""shady".. Yes, I decided to just buy other seats ,being I dont want to dump the money into these being I cannot verify authenticity 100%. I am open to any offer, as I stated in my original post. I posted many pictures of everything, not trying to decive anyone. I fully disclosed that I dont know if they are real or fake. Ive had many tell me they are real, and many tell me they are fake. Just because I didnt take what you posted as gospel doesnt mean you were ignored. I thank you for the information you provided, It helped me make the decision to sell them and not put thousands of dollars in what may or may not be $500 seats. As stated, am open to offers for them as is, as even if "fake", are still nice looking seats. Just not for what I intend to use them for.
Fair enough. However, i think the evidence is indisputable that the seats are fake. You should go ahead and edit your for sale thread. Once you do, i will remove my posts from this thread--otherwise, its probably best that the 'evidence' from your other thread should stay here so all S2ki members can make an educated decision on whether the seats are real or fake since you are still not convinced either way.
Old 07-21-2012 | 09:16 AM

* SOLD *