Mark this thread as Sold

Amuse Dual Exhaust In Stock!!

Old 04-16-2003 | 02:49 PM

I've heard different sound clips and they all sound different. I also have not had the opportunity to listen to one in person. Anyway my question is does the amuse dual exhaust have a high pitch scream ( F1 sounding) or more of a low rumble?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2003 | 03:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

I just installed the Amuse Dual Ti exhaust about a month ago and the sound is more of a growl than a scream it's hard to describe. The construction of this exhaust is flawless, a work of art in fit, form and function. "Perfection"!!

Thank's again Chris! The exhaust is awesome!

Brad
Old 04-16-2003 | 05:58 PM
Former Moderator

Stale_Hotdog - The sound is a low rumble.
Mrsideways - have you seen what some companies charge just for Ti mufflers? Think of it this way it just isn't for everyone and that's why it appeals to certain people.
Old 04-16-2003 | 06:53 PM

Check out page 2 of this PDF.

http://www.vibrantperformance.com/images/e...e_Page08-09.pdf

I priced this 100% Ti muffler out at around $300 each retail. I also priced Ti tubing here:

http://www.burnsstainless.com/TitaniumTube...taniumtube.html

$33/foot for 2" tubing

I sure wish I knew someone who could weld titanium.

That being said, Spugen's dual ti seems to be a pretty good deal.

I sure wish they knew someone who could weld titanium. (hint, hint) I think they could do a full Ti dual system for half of the Amuse...
Old 04-16-2003 | 11:35 PM

i have a apple ti powerbook that cost me just as much as this exhuast. but after seeing and hearing it in person, all i can say is wow! it's worth it.
Old 04-16-2003 | 11:51 PM

Amuse Dual R1 Write Up coming soon guys
Old 04-17-2003 | 03:46 AM
Former Moderator

Chiung - so basically without welding you are talking nearly $1k in parts. Figure close to 10ft of tubing and 2 mufflers. No R&D, no overhead, no shipping costs, no production costs.
Old 04-17-2003 | 05:24 AM

And don't forget, no Amuse brand name either. To some degree, you are paying for the name.

However, you have a good point. I was thinking of making a jig based on and then copying Brad's Amuse. But still, after accounting for my time, the first set would be close in cost to the Amuse and probably not look as perfect.

However, if one was in the exhaust business and had a line on the materials and muffs at non-retail prices, I don't see an Amuse copy costing much more than $1,200. Spugen's dual Ti is priced at $850, if they could weld Ti, a 100% Ti system should be do-able in that price range. We're looking at a $1,250 price difference (2,100 vs. 850). That's way more than the cost of substituting Ti tubing for Aluminized tubing.

Not knocking the Amuse, just seeing a vacuum in the market that I wish someone would fill.
Old 04-17-2003 | 05:39 AM
Former Moderator

That was my point for making a custom one off piece the cost would be high and you would have to go through the headaches of getting all the pieces. BTW, I am pretty sure the Amuse is 2.5" not 2". Can anybody verify this? I don't feel like climbing underneath my car.
Old 04-17-2003 | 06:56 AM
Member (Premium)

Also keep in mind that it is a lot harder to weld Ti than steel. Also the Amuse looks to be seamless Ti Tubing (not sure if it is natural Ti or some alloy). You want to know what I think is a rip off? $800 to $1200 for a stainless steel or even mild steel exhaust setups that are loud, weighs almost the same as OEM and have no dyno power gains. I would rather pay twice as much for a system that will last forever, is almost 40 lbs lighter, is not loud and does not drone and has been dynoed at 5-6 hp increase. People pay $200 and more for a short ran intake which is a friggin 2' mandrel bent pipe witha a peice of foam stuck on the end or how about $120 for a Ti shift nob. Perhaps in a perfect world SS exhaust systems would cost $350 and Ti exhausts would cost $550 but it would also be cool if pigs with wings could fly.

Quick Reply: Amuse Dual Exhaust In Stock!!