Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,140 Likes on 771 Posts

Originally Posted by w00t692
I can't believe the posts in this topic. Get over yourselves. It takes a LONG time to recode stuff. Almost always when there is a new software upgrade there is a lot of coding hacks back in to the forum as the feature just was never there. It ALWAYS takes time. I don't see anyone offering to help with the transition, only bitch about it.

All in all, get over yourselves. This isn't the only s2k site to peddle your trash on.
Another expert heard from. You must be a PMP.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by w00t692
I can't believe the posts in this topic. Get over yourselves. It takes a LONG time to recode stuff. Almost always when there is a new software upgrade there is a lot of coding hacks back in to the forum as the feature just was never there. It ALWAYS takes time. I don't see anyone offering to help with the transition, only bitch about it.

All in all, get over yourselves. This isn't the only s2k site to peddle your trash on.
Oh gosh, not another troll.

I guess you're cross-eyed because I made several offers to sort out all the problems, why not do some research before making a fool out of yourself?

BTW There is very little coding done in this upgrade (99% of what you see has been bought, standard template), IPB is a package (fully customisable, has a full control panel) and the gallery (addon) is a package. Yeah there are some changes to put the gallery into IPB but nothing of more than 20 minutes worth. So can you tell me what has been changed in the last 3 days (after going live) except making gallery BB Code work? Maybe that took a few minutes of coding...

So effectlively apart from the menus at the header and a few minor things there is nothing to show. This is my point/complaint so stop getting drifted.

Importing data across to different versions is standard functionality, they provide SQL scripts that you run to implement structural and data changes.

I suppose that if you don't know what you're talking about or that you're not technical minded it would be a good idea to stay out of this debate.

Have you ever had a forum? I don't think so.

If there are people who are technically minded speaking, keep aside as it causes embarrassment upon yourself
Old 03-03-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by evil s2k
Winner winner chicken dinner. Thank you!!!
You're welcome :]
Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 708 Likes on 414 Posts

So on another note...

I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not, but the "go to first unread post" button does not seem to work for me. anyone else having this issue?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happened to all my stars and what's up with all this baby blue theme and teal theme...they 're ugly. I like the old one back now.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 AM

Yes. You're all right. I'm an idiot savant, a contracts lawyer, and I'm not a doctor...but I play one on TV. I'm also 10 years old because I call out an idiot when I think I see one.

My arguing has been to call for patience. It's clear that's not going to happen... I give up.

Please, carry on posting/whining and let's see how that accelerates resolution. Cheers.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:04 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOL

Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 AM

Not really. I just give up.

Best of luck to you though, in getting the money you're owed. Irrespective of my disagreement with you and anyone else over the "calls for service" on S2KI, I hate going after people for money.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 AM

Sorry dude, you're making me feel guilty, I admit I am being an asshat

I hope you don't take anything I said personally, you seem to be a nice guy, all your points are very fair too.

My complaint isn't to moan, its really about responsibility of meeting their promises. Its not nice to say that PM's will be fixed in 12-24 hours, then after 24 hours say that it will be done today, then after that disappear off the face of the earth!

I think I've done enough marching around anyway I need to retire back to my work d:

Thanks for the discussion though :]
Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Dude, don't apologize or feel guilty for anything. It's not like my bickering is helpful either.

And no worries, I don't take the internet personally at all. It's the internet. Who gives a shit? We both have our gripes, our respective view points, etc. What would a car forum be without people calling each other names over minutia?

For what it's worth, I never meant to imply that you weren't being helpful to others in some capacity. I'm sorry if that's how I came across.

We can kiss and make up later though. You have your approach and I have mine. I can agree to disagree...after pages of bickering... And perhaps one day if we meet up, I can key your car and take a dump on your dashboard.

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues