Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

One small thing I just noticed. Down in the bottom right of the screen where it says the current time (correct in my case) it also shows my last visit time (VASTLY incorrect in my case). I'm not sure where that time stamp pulls from and it SEEMS a niggling issue, but is it possible that this time stamp issue is also related to why the "My Content" page is seemingly completely random in order?

I miss MyS2K not for sentimental reasons, but simply for the fact that my content was organized in some rational manner. Are there plans for structural tweaks to the My Content page for better organization or sorting of content (last post, name of poster, etc)?

In terms of speed of the site...it seemed to be getting better over the last few days, but has been pretty slow on my end (from various ISP locations) today.

That's about the sum of my productive commentary on this upgrade process.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I am still waiting for my sig picture to return.
I see other members got theirs back...mine still isn't back.
I know you have bigger problems right now, but can you tell me if it will return or am I SOL?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

I've noticed that the Admins/Mods/CO's are not listed in their respective forums as they used to be on the old site.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that a majority of the problems have been remedied, I have one user-friendly request:

The sub-forum banner at the top of the page, that had General interest, offtopic, communities, etc. It's a bit of an annoyance to scroll down through multiple forums all the time, especially when the sites resources aren't in your favor. I imagine this would be very simple to re-implement.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so im not crazy right.. i have been patiently waiting to find my way to where my albums of old pics are and where i can upload some new pics. so pics in my build thread should not be working until this is addressed? i can continue waiting patiently just want to make sure its not already up and i am completely oblivious to the new layout. thanks!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by s2sik
so im not crazy right.. i have been patiently waiting to find my way to where my albums of old pics are and where i can upload some new pics. so pics in my build thread should not be working until this is addressed? i can continue waiting patiently just want to make sure its not already up and i am completely oblivious to the new layout. thanks!
To see your excising images try this..

click your top-right-hand menu > my gallery

I could add new photos two days ago but not any more..

this seems to be a thread made up of merged threads about the gallery situation..
[url="https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/850495-gallery-settings/page__p__20337638__fromsearch__1#entry20337638"]click here[/url]
Old 03-07-2011, 06:14 PM

where to find your old pics has been addressed a couple pages back....

What you have to do is go to "My settings" under your name at the top right then click on the "gallery" tab
Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 PM

I wish we could go back to the old site, It was sooo much better. I guess we no longer have stars? IM not sure Im going to renew my membership. I kept my membership going even at times when I didnt have a s2000 just because I enjoyed the site and now its slow, generic looking and just different IMO
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hcope316
I wish we could go back to the old site, It was sooo much better. I guess we no longer have stars? IM not sure Im going to renew my membership. I kept my membership going even at times when I didnt have a s2000 just because I enjoyed the site and now its slow, generic looking and just different IMO
I just renewed because I know it'll come back and be better than ever. Have some faith, they have far more vested in this than we do.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 AM

people threatening to not renew their membership need to get a grip. things change

I don't know how many times Erik and others have stated that they are going to be making everything better as they move along. better graphics, more of the old things that can be implemented being reimplemented, faster speeds, more functionality....

Seriously people, are you this egregious when you have to adapt to other new things in life? Did you revolt against the movie industry when they forced blu-rays on you. How is that flat panel working out for you? Surround sound, what.... you got by with JUST the speakers on your TV for how long? What OS are you running??? You mean DOS does not cut it anymore?? LOL...

You people are being ridiculous. Try spending a few minutes getting to know the new interface and discover some of the powerful thing this new board software allows you to do.

I guess progress and innovation have no business here at S2ki for some of you, huh?

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues