Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cthree
Following the software change this past weekend we have been experiencing a LOT of issues which is somewhat expected. I'm going to try to list those somewhat in the order of priority and explain what we are doing to resolve them.

Performance. It sucks big time. The web server is getting slammed to the point of unconsciousness due to some processing activity we have not identified yet. This is a major problem and it's the one we are working on immediately. Until we identify the problem I have disabled access to the site for pretty much everyone, sorry, so there is enough horsepower left in the machine to figure out what the problem is.

Private Messages. Some are missing (after Nov 23 2010). They did not get imported into the new system because they came from an old backup somehow. To fix the problem I will be reimporting all the PMs and reconverting them to the new version. This means wiping out all the PMs in the production database so we have disabled PMs until we get them reimported, later today or ASAP.

Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.

I'm sorry that things have become a little wobbly but those problems will be fixed in short order. The benefits offered by the new software will far outweigh the immediate pain of the transition (not called disruptive for nothing!) but we need your patience for a few days to get everything resolved.

Thanks.
Is there any way to reorient photos in the gallery and then save them back to the gallery in that new orientation and have them stay there. I can reorient (i.e.rotate) a particular photo to its proper orientation to look at it but I haven't anyway to save it back into my gallery in that modified orientation. It seems that if you took the original picture horizontally everything will be ok but if you turned your camera vertically and took the picture and then posted the picture it will come in horizontal (i.e. 90° out of sync)?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we get the original post date (at least) in the classifieds section? It is difficult to distinguish what items are new and what is from a few days/weeks/months prior....
Old 03-06-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
.... Also, will the information that was in the "note pad" return?....
I found my "note pad" info

click your top-right-hand menu > my settings > managed notes

Mine was clipped - lost about half of it
but some important info was still there
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
Can we get the original post date (at least) in the classifieds section? It is difficult to distinguish what items are new and what is from a few days/weeks/months prior....
Exactly what I'm sayin, I did hear that this was going to be changed but hopefully cthree can confirm... I think this is a pretty easy/quick thing to change
Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by slackfaster
I found my "note pad" info

click your top-right-hand menu > my settings > managed notes

Mine was clipped - lost about half of it
but some important info was still there
Great find thanks!

Unfortunately most of my important stuff was at the bottom of the note pad.

I wonder if this can be restored since it seemed to migrate in some form??
Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Not sure if this was already reported or not: It looks like iPhones/Androids get the new mobile theme automatically but Blackberry (OS 6) don't seem to get the mobile theme
Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
How can you say that you were told "a major upgrade was being done" AND that "expectations weren't set" in the same paragraph?

major (adj.)
1. important, serious, or significant; greater or more important; main; (of a surgical operation) serious or life-threatening.

If you expected no charges and no problems after being told that a major upgrade was being done then your expectations may have been unrealistic.

I understand the performance problems, but I certainly wasn't expecting LESS functionality.

Verb
to upgrade (third-person singular simple present upgrades, present participle upgrading, simple past and past participle upgraded)
  • to improve, usually applied to technology, generally by complete replacement of one or more components
  • to replace an existing object with something better
  • (computing) to replace a program with a later version of itself, a version having a higher version number or marketed under a more recent product name

Old 03-07-2011, 06:41 AM

yeah, the 'My Content' section is far less superior than it was before. my subscribed threads are not listed in any kind of order from last post.

Much prefer a list of threads with new posts.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by MrKlean187
Appears to be there now. It also shows up in the mouseover popup.

Site is looking and performing better all the time. Keep it up!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there a reason I cannot seem to reply to any of my PM's? Also, my buddies list is gone, is that going to come back?

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues