Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you for replying.

Are you planning on redoing signatures so they come back the way they were?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah my sig got all butchered up. Had someone make that one for me recently too!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
How can you say that you were told "a major upgrade was being done" AND that "expectations weren't set" in the same paragraph?

major (adj.)
1. important, serious, or significant; greater or more important; main; (of a surgical operation) serious or life-threatening.

If you expected no charges and no problems after being told that a major upgrade was being done then your expectations may have been unrealistic.
To the extent of what was being done, the only info I had was the site would be down 3 days. Does that tell me that basically everything would be different? No it does not. That is what I mean by setting expectations. When you properly set expectations, surprises are avoided.

Some problems, sure. Major problems in basically every facet of this site, was I suppose to expect that? Did you use the same hardware as before? If you are making a 6 year jump in software, introducing more functionality, then more horsepower is needed. That is a fact of life in the computer world.

I'm not trying to be overly critical here, but I'm actually a little sadden by the state of the site. Like others I've spoken to, I used to spend hours on this site every day. That is not the case any longer. I spend maybe 15-20 minutes a day now. Since the upgrade, composing this email has been the most time I've spent on the site. I got a new smartphone last Tuesday. I haven't even bothered to bookmark S2ki bookmarked yet
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I do have to say that if I had known some stuff would have been lost (signatures, note pad
data, which contained some useful information for me), I would have saved it off to my
hard drive. The 1 thing I'm the most bummed about is I had a badge that was made for a fellow
s2ki'er that passed away and if cthree can't get the original signatures back, it's gone for good.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like my sig picture back, please.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGear
Originally Posted by TopGear' timestamp='1299275286' post='20331926
I don't think so. Everything marked "Sent:" in my messenger is a message sent by someone else TO me. Nothing that I have sent is there, marked "Sent:" or otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that's what others were reporting too. Is there anyone who actually still has their sent messages? Chime in.
Bumping this... Please take a look at the PMs when you get the chance cthree. I'm pretty sure they've been messed up.
Ok, now I just feel like I'm being annoying, but this problem hasn't been acknowledged yet.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cthree

I know you're working over time on this upgrade (and thanks )

--But I still can't directly get to my gallery...

I started a thread so I don't add to the cacophony that this thread is becoming..

and I keep seeing this:
Invision Gallery Currently Offline
Your members cannot see this, instead they are seeing the offline page with the following description:
-----
The gallery is currently offline.
-----
This message will remain until you set the Gallery back online.
is this directed at me?
do I have to change some thing in my settings to fix this?

or is this something you are still working on?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Disregard this..... its something flaky with my home PC!! Work PC works fine!

Since the upgrade..... when you try to post and the post won't go thru due to the flood control, if you'd hit the Go Back button.... you didn't lose what you had typed...Just wait the 30 seconds and you could hit Post again.

This evening, it looks like when you try posting and the flood control kicks in... you lose what you have typed.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the start date of threads every be shown again? This is very useful for the gallery and for sale sections where sometimes I'm only interested in the newest threads since I've seen most of the old ones
Old 03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Ok a technical issue to add to the honey-do list.
Go to first unread post button doesn't seem to actually index
into thread but always just goes to original post
or will get stuck on an interim post but doesn't ever get by it.
there is a setting in your profile settings where you can choose 1 of 3 settings for the structure of your posts - you have the 2nd of the two options selected which places your original topic at the head of every page. I am finding the 3rd choice (Outline) very useful which shows your original post in the topic followed by trees, where applicable, of all posts thereafter. Otherwise they are sequenced by date of post. What you are used to from the old site is choice #1 of the three which would just be a list of all the posts starting with the topic opener and thereafter by date of post. Check it out. - go to Your Profile (by your login name)/Forums/Board Preferences/Topic Display Mode.

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues