Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Originally Posted by unclefester
It was a suggestion to see if it worked - not suggesting that you leave the gallery set to public
Yeah, I know...just debating the idea. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikdys
I've waited patiently for the S2Ki email (Squirrel Mail) access to come back and I found I could log back into this today but I don't have any folders anymore and the inbox can't be accessed either.

Will this fix itself over time or where can I go to get help with this please?
Working today
Old 03-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll
so no more My S2ki??
MyS2K has been rendered obsolete by the enhanced personal profile and related features. MyS2K was designed as a landing page for members which was to provide a review of all of their activity and active topics and favorite forums. While enhanced profiles may not have been my choice we made a decision to stick to the mainstream so we could take advantage of the many features and plugins offered which would be too expensive and redundant to rewrite for just s2ki.

The My Content link under your name in the profile box at the top right is pretty close to what was offered by MyS2K. The direct link is:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...=user_activity

I'm sure this will evolve over time.

All of the new stuff, a lot you haven't even seen yet, including status updates, notifications, renewable memberships, integrated search, multi-quote replies, topic previews, private conversations, etc. are available because we have opted to get off the back roads and back on the interstate with this upgrade.

Vocal criticism from those who disapprove is normal and expected. I can't control how they express their feelings about things or how they express their opinions on the performance or competence of others. If they choose to be emotional, irrational, angry, vicious and ugly then that is unfortunate.

I will have time in the future to review their comments and officially part company with those who need to go, right now there is little time for that.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
Seeing as how expectations weren't set, how could we have unrealistic expectations? All I knew was a major upgrade was being done. That's it. Nothing before would/could have prepared us for how the site is today.
How can you say that you were told "a major upgrade was being done" AND that "expectations weren't set" in the same paragraph?

major (adj.)
1. important, serious, or significant; greater or more important; main; (of a surgical operation) serious or life-threatening.

If you expected no charges and no problems after being told that a major upgrade was being done then your expectations may have been unrealistic.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

cthree thanks again for all your efforts and the efforts of your team!

Things do seem to be improving!

The only 2 questions I have are...will our signatures return or is any content that is
no longer there gone for good? Also, will the information that was in the "note pad" return?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Is the "my content" feature how it is going to stay right now? If so it is really a horrible feature. It does not organize posts in any way, does not show the most recently responded to thread, does not show most of the recent threads at all unless you go back many many pages you MIGHT find what you are looking for.
Now there is no way at all to see who has responded to recent threads I have posted in. I really hope that is not how it will last. No option to sort by most recent in my content?
If I want to see subscribed threads I have to go into my settings and navigate 5 clicks just to see them. Is that the final way that will work? I really hope not..
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

One other glitch that I'm seeing that I'm not sure if it has been mentioned so I will.

It seems that when you are actively logged in, after you read a thread it marks it as read
but as soon as you log out and log back in, every thread in every forum I follow is now
marked as having new posts. Is this something that will be fixed?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cthree
Following the software change this past weekend we have been experiencing a LOT of issues which is somewhat expected. I'm going to try to list those somewhat in the order of priority and explain what we are doing to resolve them.

Performance. It sucks big time. The web server is getting slammed to the point of unconsciousness due to some processing activity we have not identified yet. This is a major problem and it's the one we are working on immediately. Until we identify the problem I have disabled access to the site for pretty much everyone, sorry, so there is enough horsepower left in the machine to figure out what the problem is.

Private Messages. Some are missing (after Nov 23 2010). They did not get imported into the new system because they came from an old backup somehow. To fix the problem I will be reimporting all the PMs and reconverting them to the new version. This means wiping out all the PMs in the production database so we have disabled PMs until we get them reimported, later today or ASAP.

Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.

I'm sorry that things have become a little wobbly but those problems will be fixed in short order. The benefits offered by the new software will far outweigh the immediate pain of the transition (not called disruptive for nothing!) but we need your patience for a few days to get everything resolved.

Thanks.
I am still having problems with the search function as earlier posted. Search forForums against HS2K.RLS produces results for HS2KRLS, not HS2K.RLS. Only 1 Forum on which I have posted material actually comes up instead of probably 10 or 12 (can't remember exactly how many though I would recognise them if they showed up). Can you please address this issue ASAP. Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was quick - thanks very much. BUT in the end it didn't actually fix things. Don't know what I did but I got flipped over to my Content under my Profile. However I would have thought that I should be able to search against HS2K.RLS at any time and get what I have posted and where. Why is it ignoring the "." in the name? Having said that, this frustration has caused me to become more familiar with the site as I have searched for answers to my problem. Please try and work it into your plans and let me know by PM when you have it resolved. Thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
The only 2 questions I have are...will our signatures return or is any content that is
no longer there gone for good? Also, will the information that was in the "note pad" return?
sigs containing complex bbcode sequences may need to be redone. I don't know where the "notepad" stuff was stored. If it didn't convert is must have been removed at sometime from the software and so unfortunately it is probably gone for good unless I happen to find it hidden somewhere. I'm not planning any kind of search.

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues